IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which POI?

Whose dogs?

I'm skeptical of both ping and dog rumors, since there have been a few and so far none have been backed up by anything at all... but those would be my first questions -- Thanks!

All poi's
Dont know who's

All poi's
Dont know who's

Just thinking 'outloud'. If some of the POI wouldn't be interviewed by the police, I can't see them handing over their phone records... But even if LE had access to them, and they showed no contradictions, what exactly would that mean? That their phones didn't leave the house after 4 am? It would be helpful to know for sure, but it doesn't really clear them from anything either...

ETA: I'll add that I asked about the dogs partly because of the psychic and her cadaver dog story (from many threads ago), which seemed in the end to be totally misleading and possibly fabricated.

Amazing how the dog knew to avoid the path she took from 5N to Sports; or maybe we just don't hear that type of rumor? And why would her scent stop at the gravel lot when she walked through it? Maybe I just don't understand how these dogs tracking ability transcends when events happened.

I don't think it has ever been confirmed that she actually walked through the gravel lot, has it? How could it?

Can anyone verify if there is a route between 5 north and jw house that could be taken without being seen on camera?

Yes, there are a few routes I believe she could take but the key unanswerable question is if she could take the same route that the dog supposedly detected w/o being seen on camera.

I've asked this before but I'd be curious to know just how seriously the police took this case to begin with? The second the report comes in do they immediately believe there's trouble and focus on this case? Is that normal to take a report that seriously that soon or was there something about this case from moment one that caused them to believe her friends weren't overreacting?

If there was a gap between reporting it and the police actually putting resources behind it, how long was that gap?

That would answer what kind of timeframe there was for dumpsters to be dumped, carpets to be cleaned, cars to be cleaned, sidewalks to be cleaned, etc....

Next question along those lines would be when did the police suspect foul play over her being injured, at a friend's, or home earlier and gone again shopping/eating before her friends starting looking for her?

And lastly, once foul play was suspected did the police focus tightly (if not solely) on the 5 north group as suspects because they'd put themselves into position as being the #1 suspects (regardless of official designation as persons of interest)... And did a proverbial 'rush to judgment' cause LE to lose valuable time and evidence that could've been elsewhere? I suppose they could've focused on someone or group other than the 5 north group and it's the 5 north group that benefited from a lack of a microscope on them the first few hours and days. But I suspect it's the 5 north group who had the microscope on them first. I could be wrong. But regardless, the question remains, were LE resources divided equally among a wide array of PsOI and chasing down tips, or was there a quick focus on someone or group at the start that didn't really yield what they expected to find?

This is absolutely no offense to anyone in this thread or elsewhere, but being on this case since the day she went missing has made me sort of cynical to "sources" saying things. I have heard literally every rumor possible confirmed by inside sources and almost all of them contradict themselves. I am sure some of it is true and I am thankful for any bits of information, but I am just not ever able to be sure what is just rumor, what is maybe half-correct information that has been passed through 5 people before getting here, and what is actual true inside sources. Obviously this would be a huge deal though.
There are also definitely routes that she would be missed on camera going to her boyfriend's house. That is one thing I believe a local figured out once. That by itself made me keep him as a possibility even if he isn't my chosen POI.

I don't think you can rule anyone out just because there is nothing overtly strange about cellphone pings or calls. Not every crime is neat and easy to wrap up like that (unfortunately)

Akh-I am not 100% convinced that the dumpster/landfills were 100% cleared. That is a horrible feeling for me-that someone could have just thrown her in a dumpster and they just weren't able to find the body.

Searching landfills that much time later is like looking for needle in a hey stack. There have been cases where they know for sure the body should be in a landfill and they can not find it anyway.
And Lauren was very small making it even harder to find.
If she was disposed of in a dumpster and this dumpster was not checked in time, then I think the body could have been easily missed during the landfill search.

My OPINIONS as answers to your questions below....
I've asked this before but I'd be curious to know just how seriously the police took this case to begin with? The second the report comes in do they immediately believe there's trouble and focus on this case? Is that normal to take a report that seriously that soon or was there something about this case from moment one that caused them to believe her friends weren't overreacting?

If there was a gap between reporting it and the police actually putting resources behind it, how long was that gap?

That would answer what kind of timeframe there was for dumpsters to be dumped, carpets to be cleaned, cars to be cleaned, sidewalks to be cleaned, etc....

IMHO LE moved very quickly and took this seriously quickly. I believe the fact that it was widely publicized that LS had longQT and was on meds caused LE to move faster than the norm. That being said, there have been persistent rumors from the very early days that the dumpsters at 5 North were emptied early the next morning, before LS was even reported missing. So really, there was almost a full day to hide or clean evidence. (she was reported missing around 4 PM IIRC)

Next question along those lines would be when did the police suspect foul play over her being injured, at a friend's, or home earlier and gone again shopping/eating before her friends starting looking for her?
again, it is my opinion only, but I think it was within a day or two of her being reported missing.

And lastly, once foul play was suspected did the police focus tightly (if not solely) on the 5 north group as suspects because they'd put themselves into position as being the #1 suspects (regardless of official designation as persons of interest)... And did a proverbial 'rush to judgment' cause LE to lose valuable time and evidence that could've been elsewhere? I suppose they could've focused on someone or group other than the 5 north group and it's the 5 north group that benefited from a lack of a microscope on them the first few hours and days. But I suspect it's the 5 north group who had the microscope on them first. I could be wrong. But regardless, the question remains, were LE resources divided equally among a wide array of PsOI and chasing down tips, or was there a quick focus on someone or group at the start that didn't really yield what they expected to find?

in my opinion, I do think that LE and most people were overly focused on the POIs as we knew them at the time. They weren't totally blinded by tunnel vision, as they did make a good show of chasing down some other leads - most notoriously, the White Truck.

There are also POIs that we don't know about which has always made me very curious. Like, we know the obvious ones, but beyond that they could have up to 5 other people they were or are looking at.

From what I heard, the police did not expect foul play right away from the 5 North boys. They suspected drugs, sex, and then kicking her to the curb. I envision them in an information-gathering phase for the first several days.

Wait a sec... going back to an older topic, but is Chapman still representing both DR and MB??

Why cooperation from DR and not MB on taking the LE polygraph?

From what I heard, the police did not expect foul play right away from the 5 North boys. They suspected drugs, sex, and then kicking her to the curb. I envision them in an information-gathering phase for the first several days.

I also remember someone local posting that early attention in the search was focused on JW, but nothing to confirm that, that I know of.
(edit: and maybe that was just public perception... who knows)

-CR said he had a "theory" about what happened to Lauren

Oh, I meant to post this too... Did CR say that, or was that via his lawyer? I was searching for an old post and came across this early statement by CR's lawyer:

Salzmann, who said his client is not involved in Spierer's disappearance revealed he thought 'there is a lot more to this' case.

'The answer in a good 90 per cent of the cases is someone that they are intimately involved with, he told Fox News.

This obvious (but loaded) statement seems to be the extent of the 'theory' -- and characteristic of Salzmann's 'hey, look over there!' defense style (based on other statements he has made), so I'm not sure I would read too much into it.

I also remember someone local posting that early attention in the search was focused on JW, but nothing to confirm that, that I know of.
(edit: and maybe that was just public perception... who knows)

That may have been public perception, based on frequency of domestic crime and JW's Facebook posts before LS went missing.

I'm not sold that JW had anything to do with this disappearance. Of the known POI's I feel comfortable saying that JW and DR seem like the two least likely to have had anything to do with LS's disappearance. The facebook posts many have refered to that were on JW's fb page were quoting lines out of movies etc. The one specific quote that I remember, that got people really boiling was actually a quote that Damon Wayons made on the movie major payne. I think if more people would have realized such things at the time, they wouldn't draw such a harsh conclusion from the posts. IMO if this was a "scorned lover" gone mad senario and JW snapped, I have little doubt that this would have been a slam dunk case for BPD. The fact that he is the boyfriend (which makes him suspect 1A by default) and has been so heavily scrutinized, lends to the fact that he likely isn't culpable here. As for the rest of the crew.... I'm not so sure about.

I'm not sold that JW had anything to do with this disappearance. Of the known POI's I feel comfortable saying that JW and DR seem like the two least likely to have had anything to do with LS's disappearance. The facebook posts many have refered to that were on JW's fb page were quoting lines out of movies etc. The one specific quote that I remember, that got people really boiling was actually a quote that Damon Wayons made on the movie major payne. I think if more people would have realized such things at the time, they wouldn't draw such a harsh conclusion from the posts. IMO if this was a "scorned lover" gone mad senario and JW snapped, I have little doubt that this would have been a slam dunk case for BPD. The fact that he is the boyfriend (which makes him suspect 1A by default) and has been so heavily scrutinized, lends to the fact that he likely isn't culpable here. As for the rest of the crew.... I'm not so sure about.

It wasn't just the movie quote. There were some other posts that suggested that their relationship had been going through some ups and downs.

I realize that the quote was from a movie, but we don't know why he posted it. Some people put quotes on Facebook because they think the quotes are funny. Others post them because the quotes reflect how they currently feel. If the movie quote reflected his state of mind and he identified with what the quote expressed, it would make him the object of suspicion.

What was the quote from Major Payne?

What was the quote from Major Payne?

Great movie growing up, gonna respect those Wayans! While there are many funny scenes and lines from that movie is:

Major Payne: Killing is my business, and business is GOOOOOOOD!

didn't see JW FB page so I can't say. Was that the quote?

I underlined what appears to me to signify they are directing this to a known entity not an anonymous abductor.

Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family shared a link.

I cannot think of Lauren without thinking of the person responsible for her disappearance. Your lack of compassion will be repaid in kind…justice for Lauren will be served. Only then will you and your family know what a nightmare truly is.

Let today be the day someone starts the conversation, reaches out and shares what they know. Let today be the day someone thinks beyond their fears and actually considers what this never ending silence is doing to our family. Let today be the day you remember what Lauren meant to you.

Charlene Spierer

Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402
Tipline: 812.339.4477
Email: helpfindlauren@gmail.com
www.findlauren.com
Beau Dietl Associates 800.777.9366

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online