IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how the dog knew to avoid the path she took from 5N to Sports; or maybe we just don't hear that type of rumor? And why would her scent stop at the gravel lot when she walked through it? Maybe I just don't understand how these dogs tracking ability transcends when events happened.

You'd think a bloodhound would find that path too. But, we already knew about that path. Right.
Particles of dead skin fall off your body as you travel. That is the trail these dogs follow. People lie. Dogs don't.

I dont know how pings work. he just said it was very costly , and the records was what their line of questioning was based on. The FBI was definitly in charge. when this took place. My friend mentioned how many agents, but I cant remenber for sure. I do remember that he made a reference to how "sharp" they were, meaning smart.

Your cell only reveals your location, if you have it with you. Smart criminals leave their phone at home. So, ping can't always solve a crime.

I would think LE would assume any of the known PsOI wouldn't exactly fall in the smart criminal category. So while they can't exclude they might've left their phones at home, the assumption would more likely be that they forgot them, not that they were smart enough to leave them behind.

So 1 POI acting alone might simply accidentally leave his/her phone behind. But would 2, 3 or more acting in concert either all forget their phones, or be smart enough to intentionally leave them behind?

As for the dog not picking up the known path. Assuming the story is true, the dog probably did. It's just not much in the way of evidence if a dog 'tells' you something you already know via witnesses and/or video.

I dont know how pings work. he just said it was very costly , and the records was what their line of questioning was based on. The FBI was definitly in charge. when this took place. My friend mentioned how many agents, but I cant remenber for sure. I do remember that he made a reference to how "sharp" they were, meaning smart.

Your cellphone transmits your GPS location several times a minute as it pings the tower. Finding the location of 1 guy would not be difficult. If I want to track all the cells in the neighborhood, I'd have to acquire data from a hard drive and use a computer program to sort it all out

I would think LE would assume any of the known PsOI wouldn't exactly fall in the smart criminal category. So while they can't exclude they might've left their phones at home, the assumption would more likely be that they forgot them, not that they were smart enough to leave them behind.

So 1 POI acting alone might simply accidentally leave his/her phone behind. But would 2, 3 or more acting in concert either all forget their phones, or be smart enough to intentionally leave them behind?

As for the dog not picking up the known path. Assuming the story is true, the dog probably did. It's just not much in the way of evidence if a dog 'tells' you something you already know via witnesses and/or video.

Someone in a group of college boys would more than likely be bright enough to suggest leaving cellphones behind. Therefore there is a risk that ping technology could appear to confirm the wrong answer. Looks like you were home when you were not

Since I presume Kilroys were closed for the night, I really doubt anybody planted her phone there-they would have to break in, and it would be much easier to just dump it somewhere else. As I recall the boyfriend was calling this phone the next morning and it was already at Kilroys.
Police could also do phone pings to see if it moved anywhere during the night.
But I am also very curious as to how she was able to leave un-assisted since just a short time prior her condition was described as falling down, hitting her head, and being carried.
To me, that doesn't sound like someone who would be able to walk home couple of hours later without assistance.

There were reports her shoes and phone were found in the sand.. How hard could it be to toss them over the fence. open or closed? I dont know the setup but I posted this possibly months ago... Especially if there is a fence near the sand.

You'd think a bloodhound would find that path too. But, we already knew about that path. Right.
Particles of dead skin fall off your body as you travel. That is the trail these dogs follow. People lie. Dogs don't.

But dogs have handlers that are people.

There were reports her shoes and phone were found in the sand.. How hard could it be to toss them over the fence. open or closed? I dont know the setup but I posted this possibly months ago... Especially if there is a fence near the sand.

For what purpose? I really can't envision why someone would toss her shoes and cell phone over the fence into the bar. She left that bar, there is a video of her in the lobby.
If I were to bet, I would bet it shows her without shoes.

I have a friend in law enforcement that has been in meetings concerning this investigation. after speaking with him I thought I should pass a couple of things along. at a great cost all cell records were checked not only for the poi, but every tower ping in the entire area. the poi's appear to be telling the truth based on these records.
the second thing I want pass along is that there were 2 dogs used to track laurens scent. the first was a labrador retriever the tracked from 5 north to the alley where her keys and I d card found . the second dog was a bloodhound that tracked lauren from 5north to her boyfriends back door.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW....

The other night I was re-thinking a lot in my head. Someone please clear this up? Was it the next day that JW and dad went looking for CR and/or JR? Please answer!!!!

The reason I pose this question is that JW's dad would have had to been there the night before. What parent comes into that day or night (to help is son move out of IU) and goes on the prowl the day his son's GF goes missing. Anyone with any sense of logic would think that this is not a good look on their behalf.... Unless that would be done for a reason...

That being said, if his dad his around, perhaps JW did have access to a ccar aside from his roommates? He did drive the roommate to class the nesxt day. Was it early? How early? What college kid would do this and that early? Unless he wanted to make everyone think nothing at all....

I am unaware of anyone using ping. And, I know an engineer who maintains the cell towers. I will try to confirm that.

The first dog is confirmed for me by Rob and Carl who got their info from BPD. As far as the bloodhound that is new news.

Carl as in CR's lawyer? or did you mean Char short for Charlene?

What lawyer would discuss that case unless your media or law enforcement?

Amazing how the dog knew to avoid the path she took from 5N to Sports; or maybe we just don't hear that type of rumor? And why would her scent stop at the gravel lot when she walked through it? Maybe I just don't understand how these dogs tracking ability transcends when events happened.

She gets tossed in JW's car who was sitting in the lot? He goes home parks out back and brings her in the house...

For what purpose? I really can't envision why someone would toss her shoes and cell phone over the fence into the bar. She left that bar, there is a video of her in the lobby.

I tend to agree... Maybe word that JW was on his way to Kilroy's hence the leave in a hurry obviously while intoxicated.

Not to mention the risk involved doing that. You could be seen, caught on video, or risk leaving fingerprints or trace evidence on the items. And for what gain?

The only scenarios I can think of if someone had those items and had been involved in a crime would end with them wanting to dispose of them. Not planting them to be found in a place she was. Or else they would want to plant them in a place she was not to frame someone or have it appear she somehow left the area. But those scenarios (especially framing) venture into 'television drama' more than reality because likely the worry would be getting caught with or tied to the items CSI-style.

I figure I'm missing a point here.

And, how likely is it that without her phone she knew those 2 phone numbers so well like she pulled them right out of her phone directory?

What if she called her own apt for one of the calls?

I was referring to JR's friend.. who came to visit, but nobody knew his name? I have missed a lot of posts. He put on his twitter he was eating at the waffle house or something the next morning before headed back to Indianapolis? I think, he said he was there but was already home at that point, having left at 3-4ish am. He was only there for the weekend but left early and JW's Dad came that night/day she went missing? JR and JW are or were frat brothers at Alpha Epsilon Pi. Were the other guys frat brothers too?

I was referring to JR's friend.. who came to visit, but nobody knew his name? I have missed a lot of posts. He put on his twitter he was eating at the waffle house or something the next morning before headed back to Indianapolis? I think, he said he was there but was already home at that point, having left at 3-4ish am. He was only there for the weekend but left early and JW's Dad came that night/day she went missing? JR and JW are or were frat brothers at Alpha Epsilon Pi. Were the other guys frat brothers too?

I don't think it's ever been confirmed he had a visitor that night. It's been speculated only I believe. And I think the tweet you're referring to led to speculation based on connecting some dots that he was the visitor.

But then when the PI's recently shared the current story of that night/morning they never said one word about JR having a visitor.

The visitor AFAIK remains something of a wildcard or red herring in these discussions.

But dogs have handlers that are people.

The handler is also the dogs partner who received training with the tracking dog. I really find it outrageous and laughable to think a K9 officer would lie because he is involved in some kind of conspiracy or plot. And, what a shame that the dogs are not giving the answer so many wanted to believe.

WOW.

If true, this changes everything I was thinking about that night...:headache:

I know this might cause a knee jerk reaction to blame Jesse. But, keep in mind that a bloodhound can follow a month old trail. This could be from a previous trek from Jay's to Jesse's. There is another dead end trail as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95