IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome! I do agree that this is more of a guy thing. I just don't think that a lot of people think about consequences when they are in the moment.

You're so welcome! :) Good point about consequences. Thinking back, a guy I considered a friend once left another friend (female) passed out in a lawn chair while he went to bed. God knows what could have happened. It's also possible (not probable, IMO) that JR sent LS on her way, perhaps aiming her toward DR, etc. But based on everything, I'm not convinced she could have walked to SW without help, which reminds me of the "mystery man" scenario ...

You're so welcome! :) Good point about consequences. Thinking back, a guy I considered a friend once left another friend (female) passed out in a lawn chair while he went to bed. God knows what could have happened. It's also possible (not probable, IMO) that JR sent LS on her way, perhaps aiming her toward DR, etc. But based on everything, I'm not convinced she could have walked to SW without help, which reminds me of the "mystery man" scenario ...

I haven't posted here in a looooong time, but I was reading through some of the threads last night and I was thinking about that mystery man scenario too...and the report that a homeless man heard a woman scream around 4:35am, but that homeless man was later found deceased. It's so crazy that it's been so long and no new info has come up.

From Facebook page of Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family

In the days ahead, a family will have answers they have been desperately seeking. Will it be ours? When will you end this nightmare for our family? We will never give up. We are just as determined as we were on June 3, 2011. You need to know that. It's our promise to you. For now we continue to wait….
The Spierers

If you have any information regarding Lauren's disappearance please contact us.

Bloomington Police Department Tipline: 812.339.4477
helpfindlauren@gmail.com
Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402
Beau Dietl & Associates 800.777.9366

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to News video segment below is update about skull found in White River. It is hard to watch and to consider the possibility. But sadly it is someone's loved one. Still being tested but is from an adult and has been in water more than a year.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91057&sitesection=sewxin&VID=23656097

Any time there's even a remote chance a recovered body could be Lauren's, I fall into a state of anxiety. I can't imagine what it does to her family.

Praying for the loved ones whoever they might turn out to be.

Praying that answers come soon for the Spierers.

:praying:

Any time there's even a remote chance a recovered body could be Lauren's, I fall into a state of anxiety. I can't imagine what it does to her family.

Praying for the loved ones whoever they might turn out to be.

Praying that answers come soon for the Spierers.

:praying:

I so want the answer to come soon for LS' family. But I've got to admit that the thought of just a skull freaks me out. Sending hugs to the Spierers ...

If somehow this latest find turns out to be Lauren...does that make it more or less likely that she was a victim of her social group, I wonder?

I have a feeling this won't be Lauren...but hoping the remains are hers, as her family seems to want badly to have her found, even in such an awful manner. They seem to have accepted that she is not coming back and need to be able to put her to rest.

If somehow this latest find turns out to be Lauren...does that make it more or less likely that she was a victim of her social group, I wonder?

I have a feeling this won't be Lauren...but hoping the remains are hers, as her family seems to want badly to have her found, even in such an awful manner. They seem to have accepted that she is not coming back and need to be able to put her to rest.

I've been contemplating this, too. If finding a skull means what I think it does (I'm squeamish typing this), I'd say it would point more toward random abduction. I just don't think the kids in her social group had the time or the means to do something elaborate. But water is in my top two disposal methods at this point, so who knows.

I think they're desperate for closure. Closure as in 1) bringing LS home and 2) finding solid clues from doing so. That's what I'd want at this point, at least (and what I want for them).

Even if DNA is required to identify this person, they should be able to rule out Lauren fairly quickly via sex, race, etc...wondering when we might hear something.

Even if DNA is required to identify this person, they should be able to rule out Lauren fairly quickly via sex, race, etc...wondering when we might hear something.

ANd dental records should speed up the ID also.

One of the news reports I read said it could take "weeks" to determine age and gender.

I too have a feeling it is not her. I have thought about--but not allowed myself to explore beyond surface thoughts--why a perp might do such a thing to a victim. Sort of like how in crime shows they can always tell when it was "personal." It can be more violent when the perp knows the victim and the perp is angry.

One of the news reports I read said it could take "weeks" to determine age and gender.

I too have a feeling it is not her. I have thought about--but not allowed myself to explore beyond surface thoughts--why a perp might do such a thing to a victim. Sort of like how in crime shows they can always tell when it was "personal." It can be more violent when the perp knows the victim and the perp is angry.

The experts can determine certain things about a skull visually, if it is intact, so I think they will know some info sooner, whether they release it or not.

I don't really feel this is Lauren, but who knows.

If this skull has its teeth, I am pretty sure all they need for an ID is to match dental records.
So it wouldn't take long to rule Lauren out.

June 7th I lost my boyfriend, we were months away from getting engaged. Being a young, 20 something couple in Bloomington we followed this story closely. I now know a sliver of what the Spierers feel, I know my love is never ever coming back. I can't imagine going a year without knowing where he is, I guess I was lucky, if you could call it that, to be with him in his last hours. Today is the first day since it happened that I could return to this board. I pray that answers come soon. They deserve some resolution.

June 7th I lost my boyfriend, we were months away from getting engaged. Being a young, 20 something couple in Bloomington we followed this story closely. I now know a sliver of what the Spierers feel, I know my love is never ever coming back. I can't imagine going a year without knowing where he is, I guess I was lucky, if you could call it that, to be with him in his last hours. Today is the first day since it happened that I could return to this board. I pray that answers come soon. They deserve some resolution.

I am so sorry that you lost your boyfriend.

Thinking of you, Allie, and hoping that each day gets a little easier. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

(((Dear Alliecog))) I hope some healing will come with the answers and I hope you have the support you need. We don't know you but it's good you can trust us enough to post. It's obvious we care, and I hope that is some small comfort.

May you find love again. . . when you're ready.

Jupiter

Not following you. Do you mean because the skull was found and not a body?
After one year of being under water I would think it could easily separate.

Unfortunately, there seems to be other missing people in this part of Indiana. Being 50 miles away, would mean about 1 hr drive (would be a bad idea to speed with a body in the vehicle) from 5N.

Would be curious to know if chemical clues could still be present in the skull after being in water for 1 year.

Are divers looking for the rest? If more bones are nearby then head could have separated naturally. But if it's just a skull it does leave the possibility that parts were scattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95