IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given her size and the fact that she could fit into a garbage bag, duffel bag or similar innocuous container I doubt it would be detected and sorted out at the transfer station.

It is good to know the timing of the completed landfill search and their return tho.

Yes, she was tiny. She could be fit in something very small that wouldn't be noticed.

Given her size and the fact that she could fit into a garbage bag, duffel bag or similar innocuous container I doubt it would be detected and sorted out at the transfer station.

It is good to know the timing of the completed landfill search and their return tho.

Right, I'm not saying it would be definitive either way, just another spot where it would have to go undetected. I'd think it would be part of regular LE procedure to alert local transfer stations to perhaps take a bit more precaution, but maybe that's too optimistic on my part.

Right, I'm not saying it would be definitive either way, just another spot where it would have to go undetected. I'd think it would be part of regular LE procedure to alert local transfer stations to perhaps take a bit more precaution, but maybe that's too optimistic on my part.

But this goes back to how seriously did LE take the case initially... Was it immediately a priority and foul play suspected or did it slowly ramp up into that over how many ever hours?

Issue being, any dumpsters not checked and then emptied prior to that point could've already went thru the transfer station.

Which makes me wonder even more if there is any truth to a "missing sleeping bag"?

Which makes me wonder even more if there is any truth to a "missing sleeping bag"?

Do you think the PT source would have come back to the board to report if it had eventually been found?

I am new to this thread, but have followed this case from the beginning, as have most of you that are still here. I am a graduate of IU Bloomington, and relate very much to this case (even though I graduated in 2003).

To add to the theory that is moving on this board lately, what about the same cast of characters pulling a mean prank? Maybe they put her in the dumpster because she was so wasted and out of control, thinking it would be funny for her to wake up there because of the "night she put them through"......

I only say this because I know of a friend that this happened to. Frat guys thought it would be funny, he passed out, they put him in the dumpster. Told him he was out of control and "deserved it"......

If she was alive when they put her in there....they could pass a poly about not being with her when she died.......just a thought that I have had, and felt I needed to share. Maybe they totally freaked out when they just expected her to be upset with them, and then she never turned up. They saw the dumpster had been emptied, and thought....time to get a lawyer. Maybe that also helps with CR asking if "anyone had seen a little blond girl".....

I realize this does not do anything to break the case, but food for thought.

Do you think the PT source would have come back to the board to report if it had eventually been found?

Probably not...that would be a good way to disguise such a small body though.

That comment strikes me totally as a sarcastic offhanded remark and I wouldn't give it one moment of wonder, personally. It's like the comment someone makes about not liking their job and a smart alec says, "I hear they're hiring at McDonalds."

It's just not the type of info that is even worthy of the rumor mill IMO.

I envision such extra precaution to consist of nothing more than "be on the look out for a body" which would be exposed amidst a gazillion trash bags some probably split open some not.

I am new to this thread, but have followed this case from the beginning, as have most of you that are still here. I am a graduate of IU Bloomington, and relate very much to this case (even though I graduated in 2003).

To add to the theory that is moving on this board lately, what about the same cast of characters pulling a mean prank? Maybe they put her in the dumpster because she was so wasted and out of control, thinking it would be funny for her to wake up there because of the "night she put them through"......

I only say this because I know of a friend that this happened to. Frat guys thought it would be funny, he passed out, they put him in the dumpster. Told him he was out of control and "deserved it"......

If she was alive when they put her in there....they could pass a poly about not being with her when she died.......just a thought that I have had, and felt I needed to share. Maybe they totally freaked out when they just expected her to be upset with them, and then she never turned up. They saw the dumpster had been emptied, and thought....time to get a lawyer. Maybe that also helps with CR asking if "anyone had seen a little blond girl".....

I realize this does not do anything to break the case, but food for thought.

Welcome, jjll! Food for thought is always good. IMO, I could see guys doing the dumpster stunt to other guys vs. guys doing it to a girl. Then again, there wasn't a lot of chivalry going on that night, as far as I can tell.

Your post reminds me that while we know of LS' heart condition, the POIs probably didn't. IDK if that influenced their actions that night, but had they known, they might have treated her differently. Here's hoping, anyway.

I don't think guys would dump an alive female into a dumpster as a prank either. At least I hope not.

I don't think guys would dump an alive female into a dumpster as a prank either. At least I hope not.

The dynamic is different, I believe. I don't think the POIs would have treated LS like one of the guys.

That's another thing that bothers me about JR's story. I find it hard to believe that he'd let her walk off without keys, a phone, and shoes (well, maybe shoes). My daughter has a couple of close male friends, and they're definitely more protective than her female friends, i.e., walk on the side of the road with traffic, give her a sweatshirt if she's cold, etc. I get that CR has his own agenda, but JR was supposedly her friend.

The dynamic is different, I believe. I don't think the POIs would have treated LS like one of the guys.

That's another thing that bothers me about JR's story. I find it hard to believe that he'd let her walk off without keys, a phone, and shoes (well, maybe shoes). My daughter has a couple of close male friends, and they're definitely more protective than her female friends, i.e., walk on the side of the road with traffic, give her a sweatshirt if she's cold, etc. I get that CR has his own agenda, but JR was supposedly her friend.

I agree but with some added skepticism about the extent of his chivalry when wasted.

I haven't commented in quite a while, though the talk has come full circle again. I know a case of a high school student who was severely intoxicated and passed out in a public park. His companions called his parents to tell them where he was. I might expect friends at a university to call the roommate or boyfriend/girlfriend of someone in distress, if dialing 911 seemed too extreme. If you don't want to be bothered seeing someone home, you call someone who would, right?

It never made sense to me that someone who cared so little about LS that they didn't ask her to call when she got there,( use the phone of whoever lets you in the door) would bother to spend an hour and a half with her.

An hour and a half is a long time at 3 am. What would they do? Plus LS has been with someone else all night. It would be more believable if JR had said hey I'm going to bed you can sleep on the sofa. He would go to bed and either she would be there in the morning or not.

IMO JR's version of the story is suspiciously intent on providing a detail that (proves) suggests that she left at all.

I have a sick feeling that LE blew off this messy work because they were overly optimistic in finding other clues.

Welcome, jjll! Food for thought is always good. IMO, I could see guys doing the dumpster stunt to other guys vs. guys doing it to a girl. Then again, there wasn't a lot of chivalry going on that night, as far as I can tell.

Your post reminds me that while we know of LS' heart condition, the POIs probably didn't. IDK if that influenced their actions that night, but had they known, they might have treated her differently. Here's hoping, anyway.

Thanks for the welcome! I do agree that this is more of a guy thing. I just don't think that a lot of people think about consequences when they are in the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95