IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know when JR went back to MI?
The weekend of June 5-6, before Lauren's parents arrived in town.

JW left on June 17 or 18, and DR left the 17th or 18th of June as well

BT left Bloominton June 19 or 20, if I recall correctly.

There have been so many new posts here lately, and generally lots of activity over the last 1+ year, by people interested in justice and closure for a family they don't even know. I often check websleuths multiple times a day, not sure exactly what I'm hoping to find. I have often asked myself, and I want to ask you - why do you still follow this case? Why LS, why the Spierers, when there are a million other tragedies the world over?

I don't want to divert the conversation from theories and fact-checking. I was just thinking about how, if all of us were in a room together, I think we might be very different demographically - not necessarily people you would expect to be together in any normal circumstance. But we're "here" together, whether we post or not, many of us every day. Why?

Before LS, I followed one case, though not on WS. I came of age in an area terrorized by a child serial killer (Oakland County Child Killer), close to where JR's from in MI. That case (not yet solved but not cold) still haunts me. I'm a pretty protective mom.

LS touched the mom in me. She reminds me of my daughter, who's also petite and loves fashion and Hello Kitty. I also have a son in college. I know LS had a good heart and wanted to make the world better. It hurts to know that she won't get the chance.

Keeping a case "present" seems to be one means to getting it solved. So ... I'm in this for as long as it takes.

The weekend of June 5-6, before Lauren's parents arrived in town.

JW left on June 17 or 18, and DR left the 17th or 18th of June as well

BT left Bloominton June 19 or 20, if I recall correctly.
How is BT connected? Same BT that advocated writing letters abt LS to the editors of the hometown papers of the PsOI, but without naming those PsOI?

He knew she did not have a phone. How was she supposed to text him? Borrow a roommate's phone? Is phone borrowing in the middle of the night a common college student practice?

If DR had it she might be able to get it from him.

Is it all possible that MB could be the mystery man carrying LS over his shoulders to JR's at 3:38 AM that the woman reported to TG's blog?

I still think it could be CR. As I've said once or twice before, if the witness was shown CR's mugshot--the one where he has the wild look in his eyed--she might not recognize him.

According to the post (2011-06-07 21:49:34 -0400) on PT from a friend of JR's roommates

JR's apartment was searched by police the next day. If no one was there to let them in, they would have forced their way in.

Anyone know when JR went back to MI?

I know the police searched JR's apartment on [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6824498#post6824498"]Wed. June 29th, 2011[/ame], (click link for dated websleuth post).
I happened to be going by there after work. He had already left town. The apartment was empty. They did not kick in the door.
It was almost a month after lauren disappeared.

I know the police searched JR's apartment on ON THIS DAY, (click link for dated websleuth post).
I happened to be going by there after work. He had already left town. The apartment was empty. They did not kick in the door.
It was a month after lauren disappeared.
I inferred that they came back for a more thorough search later, this time with cadaver dogs.

I've been here since almost the beginning, and am too invested to give up now. I went on one of the searches, volunteered, and looked for her on my own on foot and in my car. I've had great losses over the past several years so I guess this started as my private way of being able to grieve yet be able to do something. I didn't know Lauren but it didn't take long for her spirit to capture my heart. I truly believe it is a loss for the greater good.

Sometimes when I post I keep in the back of mind the hope that LE or PI's are reading and getting ideas, so this keeps me going. I also post to demonstrate my support to the Spierer's and to help keep the case alive. Other times I post as a way to "talk" to the POI and give them a piece of my mind. Other than that, this is a quality place to be and I appreciate the level of input and dedication.

How is BT connected? Same BT that advocated writing letters abt LS to the editors of the hometown papers of the PsOI, but without naming those PsOI?
my apologies. I meant BW, Lauren's seeming REAL friend.

They did not kick in the door.
I always took the word 'kick' figuratively, but according to PT sources (fwtw), LE showed up at 5. North immediately, if not on June 4, then soon after.

JW and his father were allegedly over there on June 4, and one of the rumors was that JW got into a scuffle with SOMEONE at 5. North.

It is still a big mystery why LE got involved so quickly before the standard 24-hour missing person policy.

Perhaps because of her heart medication?

I always took the word 'kick' figuratively, but according to PT sources (fwtw), LE showed up at 5. North immediately, if not on June 4, then soon after.

JW and his father were allegedly over there on June 4, and one of the rumors was that JW got into a scuffle with SOMEONE at 5. North.

It is still a big mystery why LE got involved so quickly before the standard 24-hour missing person policy.

Perhaps because of her heart medication?

She would have been considered a "high risk missing person" according to Indiana law.
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title5/ar2/ch17.html

And for the changes in the Indiana missing persons law that took effect in 2007, you can thank the family and friends of Molly Dattilo, who was missing for six weeks before the police did much. Molly is still missing and presumed deceased.
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=14994012

The confrontation at 5N between JW and his father was with MB and CR, according to the June 4, 2012 lohud article (page 6). According to the article, they "barged into" the apartment "days after the disappearance."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201206...ered-away-after-night-heavy-drinking-drug-use

She would have been considered a "high risk missing person" according to Indiana law.
http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title5/ar2/ch17.html

And for the changes in the Indiana missing persons law that took effect in 2007, you can thank the family and friends of Molly Dattilo, who was missing for six weeks before the police did much. Molly is still missing and presumed deceased.
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=14994012

I've not seen that state statute before. Interesting and helpful. She meets several criteria. This one surprises me though; I would have guessed age 18:

• A missing person who is less than twenty-one (21) years of age.

There have been so many new posts here lately, and generally lots of activity over the last 1+ year, by people interested in justice and closure for a family they don't even know. I often check websleuths multiple times a day, not sure exactly what I'm hoping to find. I have often asked myself, and I want to ask you - why do you still follow this case? Why LS, why the Spierers, when there are a million other tragedies the world over?

I don't want to divert the conversation from theories and fact-checking. I was just thinking about how, if all of us were in a room together, I think we might be very different demographically - not necessarily people you would expect to be together in any normal circumstance. But we're "here" together, whether we post or not, many of us every day. Why?

I follow some cases, but this case is the most important one to me. I may not be college age (cough, I'm 50), but I so identify with LS and her friends and her friend's friends. I'm not Jewish, but most of my HS and college friends are, and we lived a college life quite like what I have heard about the life these kids had at college. So there by the grace of... goes me, I suppose. Also, the disbelief I have - the overwhelming disbelief -that ANY of these POIs could have actually killed LS, or even just disposed of her if she were dead.... I feel like I know these kids, and it is so hard to reconcile. So hard.

Sometimes I have no idea why certain cases resonate with me more than others. I think this one does because Lauren was like me in many ways and I also had many moments where something bad could have happened, but I always had someone who was able to protect me when I was too drunk or naive or drugged up to help myself. It just kills me that so many people saw her that night and (in my opinion) failed her. It would have only take one person to change the entire course of that night and save her life. One person who actually had her best interests in mind. That person never showed up for her :(

Is it all possible that MB could be the mystery man carrying LS over his shoulders to JR's at 3:38 AM that the woman reported to TG's blog?

I forget the actual area of the mm sighting, but for some reason, I think it was more near 10th and college rather than 5N.

I still think it could be CR. As I've said once or twice before, if the witness was shown CR's mugshot--the one where he has the wild look in his eyed--she might not recognize him.

According to the bar manager/witness. the "mystery man" asked "Can I take you home?" Supposing he was CR—after LS hit her head, for instance—would "home" refer to 5N or SW? It doesn't seem like it would be SW, since they just came from there (and ZO's group was there, unless they followed LS and CR). I know there was a time discrepancy, with the witness saying 3:38 am and LE disclaiming that ...

IMO, CR wanted to leave SW with the girl. But what he was up to doing with the girl remains a question, IMO. I remember how LE said that "they made their way." I don't buy the memory loss, though. Something happened that he doesn't want to recall.

Since we are on the subject of the 3:38 mm, what I want to know is, where did they go. Since he had her over his shoulder where were they headed? Did they go into the apts? Did they go up the ally? How long was she over his shoulder? She claims she saw it but what happened after that?

Another thing I just thought of. I wonder if LE had the bar manager/witness listen to voice recordings from the POI's interviews to see if any sounded like the voice of the mm asking "Can I take you home".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95