IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We mustn't forget the possibility of a third party in the form of a drug dealer or said dealer's clean-up guy.

I think you might be right. If it wasn't a random stranger then I could see this happening. Wasn't there some rumor Lauren was going around the bars asking people for drugs? She might have gone out and met someone alone at some point that night.

I agree Mophebius - as I've harped a bit on; all night long she is not alone, always in the company of others - that's the way she traveled, so most strange/convenient its only at the critical time, suddenly no one owns up to being with her....
I just don't see her doing something alone that night...

She appeared alone in the Smallwood photo police released from that evening which would run counter to the idea that she always was in the company of others except for JR's story.

Let's use a bit of simple logic here. Cocaine OD? Really? Why not flush the coke and dial 911? Why go to so much trouble to hide a body? Why continue to hide a body after so much time? OD does not make sense so it can't be true.

A rape that led to murder is a very good reason to hide a body. Hiding the body on private property such as your backyard would be a reason to keep the body hid still to this day.

What kind of person could be so cruel as to do this? How could you watch Lauren's parents cry on TV and not be moved?

You would have to justify this in your mind. You despise and hate Lauren Spierer.
But, In reality, you are a van der Sloot monster. My opinion and I'll bet history proves me right. Poor poor girl!!!!!!

People high on certain drugs can also be paranoid and do stupid things, though. IDK why the other POIs would cover for another who they suspected of a sexual assault unless there was something else going on. The last one to see LS (whoever that is) could have raped her and either killed her or she died of heart issues. But the others are silent, too. Unless it was a gang rape that involved them all, I don't get the code of silence.

From what I hear from my son about college (different school, granted), alcohol and drugs are there for the taking. It's no slight on LS if she got exposed to that in some way. Many college kids party, IMO, to some degree or another. (Truthfully, I did, so I'm not judging here.)

In terms of the POIs not coming forward if they panicked and hid her body: At the onset of the investigation, there might have been some understanding. Now? Zilch. JMO.

People high on certain drugs can also be paranoid and do stupid things, though. IDK why the other POIs would cover for another who they suspected of a sexual assault unless there was something else going on. The last one to see LS (whoever that is) could have raped her and either killed her or she died of heart issues. But the others are silent, too. Unless it was a gang rape that involved them all, I don't get the code of silence.

From what I hear from my son about college (different school, granted), alcohol and drugs are there for the taking. It's no slight on LS if she got exposed to that in some way. Many college kids party, IMO, to some degree or another. (Truthfully, I did, so I'm not judging here.)

In terms of the POIs not coming forward if they panicked and hid her body: At the onset of the investigation, there might have been some understanding. Now? Zilch. JMO.

OK. Let's suppose they put her in the State Forest, Lake Monroe, or other public property. By this time all DNA or trace of drugs is gone. Why not send in the secret tip and let the family have closure. I think the answer is, they can't because they did not use public property.

Next, the real van der Sloot made up a story about his first victim dying from a seizure and said he only hid her body. He went on to kidnap many girls in Asia after charming the pants off the police and his parents. He was finally caught in Peru when he killed again.

Throwing your friend away like trash after an OD is a minor Class D felony in Indiana only if you have sex with the corpse.

I believe someone made up a Class D story to cover up a Class A Felony.
And, it seems to have worked. Many have been snowed. Poor girl!

People who knew and love Lauren strongly object to the drug story because this is not the person they know and love at all. It was a tabloid reporter who claimed he saw Lauren stumble out of the elevator. That's not confirmed by BPD that they showed this video to anyone.
I doubt anyone here would like tabloids to do their story. This whole case seems appalling in that it is so cruel. I'd like to see the FBI get back in and a good investigative reporter. And, we really have no idea what shape this girl was in when she went missing. NO CLUE AT ALL.

OK. Let's suppose they put her in the State Forest, Lake Monroe, or other public property. By this time all DNA or trace of drugs is gone. Why not send in the secret tip and let the family have closure. I think the answer is, they can't because they did not use public property.

Next, the real van der Sloot made up a story about his first victim dying from a seizure and said he only hid her body. He went on to kidnap many girls in Asia after charming the pants off the police and his parents. He was finally caught in Peru when he killed again.

Throwing your friend away like trash after an OD is a minor Class D felony in Indiana only if you have sex with the corpse.

I believe someone made up a Class D story to cover up a Class A Felony.
And, it seems to have worked. Many have been snowed. Poor girl!

Maybe the POIs didn't know it was a minor Class D felony. And at this point, wouldn't their silence be considered some type of obstruction if they'd indeed done that? I'm no law expert ... just wondering.

She could have been raped and disposed of on private property. But who would help their friend do that and keep silent about it if they themselves weren't involved? And if it was a group activity, whose property might she be buried on? I just can't see any of the POIs volunteering ... unless the others had something to twist his arm with.

People who knew and love Lauren strongly object to the drug story because this is not the person they know and love at all. It was a tabloid reporter who claimed he saw Lauren stumble out of the elevator. That's not confirmed by BPD that they showed this video to anyone.
I doubt anyone here would like tabloids to do their story. This whole case seems appalling in that it is so cruel. I'd like to see the FBI get back in and a good investigative reporter. And, we really have no idea what shape this girl was in when she went missing. NO CLUE AT ALL.

I think the FBI and/or a good investigative reporter would be great, Jacobite. I understand your point about the tabloids, but as the mother of two teens who hears a lot, I don't think considering drugs or alcohol should be off the table. It might not be a drug story. Maybe it's an alcohol story. Or neither. Regardless, to me LS is totally the victim.

And even if we take what JR said at face value that LS left his house between 4:15 and 4:25 and he watched her round a corner towards home, were talking a very short distance (under 50 yards) from rounding that corner and where she would have come to her first surveilance camera (which she never made it to).

This has been alluded to a few times by different people, so I just want to point out that it's incorrect. No cameras along College Ave would pick up someone walking south unless they veered into the Tenth and College walkway, until you reach Smallwood.

We mustn't forget the possibility of a third party in the form of a drug dealer or said dealer's clean-up guy.

Personally, I find the idea of a clean-up guy pretty Hollywood, but I think your overall point of another party being involved is the scenario that looms largest to me. I hate seeing the argument framed in a A or B, POI or random abduction way because I think it leaves out a giant subset of people who may be responsible.

So who was the visiting house guest at North apts that week/evening?When the guest leave, and has his car been searched. Something happened to LS that night, whether by accident or not, and it has been whisked away and covered up.

Early on, HT was reported as saying that JR was not alone that night; he had a guest from home. CR's attorney said that three or four other people saw LS after CR last saw her. Three is more than JR and MB together and implies there was a third known person. The possible fourth may be a random stranger. Someone found that a person known to be an acquaintance of JR from Michigan, tweeted that he was eating corned beef at The Runcible Spoon later in the day that LS disappeared. This person's tweets are now private. Most blogs that referred to this person by name (JRNNT, JRNNTUncensored, etc.) have now disappeared from the web. I do not know if his name is still on the PhantasyTour board or not.

His name has never been mentioned in the MSM.

This has been alluded to a few times by different people, so I just want to point out that it's incorrect. No cameras along College Ave would pick up someone walking south unless they veered into the Tenth and College walkway, until you reach Smallwood.

You are correct. The camera mounted in the alley at 621 N College is pointed west not east. So, if she took that path there is no video at all. Her usual path would have been on video most of the way.

I hope you can see what I'm getting at here and just how small the chance of her being randomly abducted actually were. I talked to a friend here at the University of Montana (who is mind-numbingly smart) about the probability of this case being a random abduction case. He explained that while it would be variable, he surmised the probability of this being random were under .0001 percent. So were talking in the thousandth's of one percent here. In other words, it's about as believeable given what we know of the evening, that Lauren was struck by lightning and disentigrated as it was that this was random. I myself, still believe that LE has the correct POI's, but lack enough tangible and forensic evidence to proceed with the case. <snipped for space>

Good post, Mo.

Stats have never been my strong point, but I agree that the probability of a random abduction is very small, considering the circumstances surrounding Lauren's night. On the other hand, the probability of someone simply disappearing and never being found, period, also seem infinitesimally small... This board is full of cases like this.

I have only followed one other case here at WS, because the trial was recently all over the news where I live. In it, an 8-year-old girl was snatched off the street, in broad daylight, a block from her school, by a random stranger and his girlfriend, who raped and killed her on a rural country road. They couldn't find her until the girlfriend eventually caved and gave a full confession that led police to her body. Before that, everyone assumed the girl's parents had something to do with it, because there was some weirdness about their behavior, they were drug users, etc. This all happened three years ago, and the trial just ended (both were sentenced to life, thankfully).

Anyway, I do feel that given the circumstances and the unwillingness of the POI to cooperate, the most likely situation is the one you outline above -- that they are responsible and that LE simply lacks the evidence that will (hopefully) eventually come out and bring Lauren home.

On the other hand, I still think there's a smidgen of possibility that she could have left and randomly stepped into danger's way, and that the whole night was a perfect storm of bad events. Sometimes, when there are so few clues, the most obvious ones may not be the right ones... Ahh, I really don't know what to think at this point.

But no matter who was responsible in Lauren's case, I believe that there must be more than one person in this world who know something -- Either because they were involved in some way with her death or coverup, or because they witnessed weird and suspicious behavior of someone close to them around the time she went missing. In the story I mentioned above, even this sociopath of a woman (the murderer's girlfriend), who is heartless enough that she once microwaved a puppy (!!) felt enough guilt to come forward and lead police to her body. I have faith that someone with knowledge related to Lauren's disappearance will eventually come forward in this case too. It's never too late...

Abbey, was Marcus Davis one of the perps involved in the assault and burglary cases of women students early last summer? We have discussed a possible relationship with this a few times. (I don't have time right now to look into it, so I thought you might remember.)

This is one of today's Bloomington headlines: Murder, burglary charges against Marcus Davis dropped in death of Mario Wright

I'm not sure, Jupiter. That name doesn't sound familiar, but I'll check my old posts... thanks.

What tabloid paper are you referring to? There was some good sleuthing here last summer about who viewed that video. I think the source was legit.

The New York Times is the credible paper in New York City. The London Times is the respectable paper in London. They never claimed this. The NYC paper who made that claim is known for sensationalism in my opinion.

So you're talking about The Journal News/ LoHud.com? They may not be the New York Times, but they have revealed more reliable info in this case than any other news source, IMO. I haven't seen the info about the video contested by Lauren's parents or anyone else. In fact, I kind of assumed it was leaked on purpose because it challenged CR's story about Lauren helping him home.

So who was the visiting house guest at North apts that week/evening?When the guest leave, and has his car been searched. Something happened to LS that night, whether by accident or not, and it has been whisked away and covered up.

Early on, HT was reported as saying that JR was not alone that night; he had a guest from home. CR's attorney said that three or four other people saw LS after CR last saw her. Three is more than JR and MB together and implies there was a third known person. The possible fourth may be a random stranger. Someone found that a person known to be an acquaintance of JR from Michigan, tweeted that he was eating corned beef at The Runcible Spoon later in the day that LS disappeared. This person's tweets are now private. Most blogs that referred to this person by name (JRNNT, JRNNTUncensored, etc.) have now disappeared from the web. I do not know if his name is still on the PhantasyTour board or not.

His name has never been mentioned in the MSM.

Abbey, was Marcus Davis one of the perps involved in the assault and burglary cases of women students early last summer?

Only one person was named in the news articles, although police said there were others involved: Lance J. &#8220;Rico&#8221; Charleston. On mycase, his robbery cases link to another defendant: Carlton Steward Johnson. If there were others involved, as police originally suggested (at least according to the IDS articles), they aren't linked through the MyCase system, or have not been arrested.

Marcus Davis appears to have a string of violent crimes in MyCase -- I didn't read through them in detail, but they range from murder, to "Battery resulting in bodily injury to a pregnant woman" and strangulation.

Eeks. There are some really creepy people out there.

(Edited to add: Sorry for so many posts in a row, friends -- I'll stop for the night! :) - Abbey )

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=87316

Griffy is a mid-sized body of water close to the IU campus.

Now we need more than a lake to do this crime. We need a boat to get to the deep water. We also need some hardware like rope, wire, or chain. We than need bricks, concrete blocks, or sandbags. These are things many would have in their garage. Otherwise they would have to go to a store for supplies.
I don't think anyone delayed to go to a store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12