IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I just thought of. I wonder if LE had the bar manager/witness listen to voice recordings from the POI's interviews to see if any sounded like the voice of the mm asking "Can I take you home".
The mm witness, according to TG, was interviewed by LE and was called back at least once to verify/refute possible identities of the 'mystery man'.

And then the 3:38 witness refused to talk to TG any further.

The Mystery man does not fit any of the POIs description besides AB, IMO.

I am a bit curious as to why JW went and got the apartment keys from HT, interrupting her while she was in class, instead of just going to Smallwood and knocking on the door first. Why was he so concerned? In some of the statements HT made after the disappearance, she was quoted saying:

"I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

If it was around 2, and it wasn't out of the ordinary for LS to still be sleeping, why was he so concerned that something bad happened to her? Just because she left her phone at the bar doesn't necessarily mean she was in trouble. Maybe he didn't know she went to the bar and thought she was lying to him? But if he did know she was at the bar, why was he so alarmed?

Just a thought.

Another thing I just thought of. I wonder if LE had the bar manager/witness listen to voice recordings from the POI's interviews to see if any sounded like the voice of the mm asking "Can I take you home".

Good thinking, doubtingthomas. One would hope so!

Can you explain why AB would be a POI?

He should not. It is really unfortunate that this guy's name came up, when he has nothing to do with the case. None whatsoever, apparently.

I still think MM was CR-it just seems too coincidental to me that two people would carry Lauren in the same way in a short time span. LE hedged when asked about it and their answer makes me think they think the sighting is correct, but the time was wrong. Also, in the dark and from some distance away it can be pretty difficult to nail down a physical description of someone. His hair may have looked darker in bad light, he looks really different to me in some pictures versus his mug shot, etc.

I may be wrong, but to me it makes sense at least for now. I may change my mind.

Can you explain why AB would be a POI?

yeah, he was ZO's roommate at 10th and College and ZO's HS friend, and he presumably was one of the four people in ZO's group when ZO punched CR.

Also, AB fits the mystery man description.

I don't know if Tony Gatto's blog is considered MSM here or not, I will gladly look up the links if so.

I still think MM was CR-it just seems too coincidental to me that two people would carry Lauren in the same way in a short time span. LE hedged when asked about it and their answer makes me think they think the sighting is correct, but the time was wrong. Also, in the dark and from some distance away it can be pretty difficult to nail down a physical description of someone. His hair may have looked darker in bad light, he looks really different to me in some pictures versus his mug shot, etc.

I may be wrong, but to me it makes sense at least for now. I may change my mind.

It makes sense in terms of the location, though the description/timing seem off. "Can I take you home?" could mean 5N ... or it could have been for the benefit of the witness. ???

I know the police searched JR's apartment on Wed. June 29th, 2011, (click link for dated websleuth post).
I happened to be going by there after work. He had already left town. The apartment was empty. They did not kick in the door.
It was almost a month after lauren disappeared.

A MONTH??? Could you not get squeaky clean in a MONTH?
That's absurd. Is this normal LE procedure in B-Town?

I inferred that they came back for a more thorough search later, this time with cadaver dogs.

Is this a fact? Did LE indicate that the Dogs reacted in any way?

While it could have been cleaned up, if dogs smelled cadaver at 5N at all, it's crucial to this case.

He should not. It is really unfortunate that this guy's name came up, when he has nothing to do with the case. None whatsoever, apparently.

Imo AB's involvement in the Small Wood altercation outside LS's apartment puts him dead center of this case.

If not for the actions of that group of men LS would have been safely in her apartment.

As it happened, their actions set in motion a whole different set of events which likely led to LS's demise.

The question on my mind is "why"?

I just listened again to the video on Lohud and it's pretty clear Lauren and CR are on videotape for much of the segment when they are at the four girls' apt at 10th and College or they are being overhead/observed by a witness. The PI mentions their knocking on the door and says "A minute later they come downstairs." They have to be on videotape again near the steps of 10th and College (which at this point would be their second time) because the PI demonstrates how CR was carrying her as if he has seen her. PI makes it sound like Lauren's condition is not dire.

Also, of importance, the reporter says at the end of the alley Lauren sits down "takes a seat" and says this is where she loses her keys and ID card. This is the gravel lot. Again, they are either on videotape or witnessed.

I just listened again to the video on Lohud and it's pretty clear Lauren and CR are on videotape for much of the segment when they are at the four girls' apt at 10th and College or they are being overhead/observed by a witness. The PI mentions their knocking on the door and says "A minute later they come downstairs." They have to be on videotape again near the steps of 10th and College (which at this point would be their second time) because the PI demonstrates how CR was carrying her as if he has seen her. PI makes it sound like Lauren's condition is not dire.

Also, of importance, the reporter says at the end of the alley Lauren sits down "takes a seat" and says this is where she loses her keys and ID card. This is the gravel lot. Again, they are either on videotape or witnessed.

I was just thinking about this. The PI also describes the two crossing the gravel lot as her staggering, and him pulling and carrying her. This sounds like footage possibly from a 10th and College camera. When I look at maps and pictures this appears to give about a minute for something to happen before they arrive at 5 North.

yeah, he was ZO's roommate at 10th and College and ZO's HS friend, and he presumably was one of the four people in ZO's group when ZO punched CR.

Also, AB fits the mystery man description.

Those things don't make him a POI, they make him a target for speculation.

Imo AB's involvement in the Small Wood altercation outside LS's apartment puts him dead center of this case.

If not for the actions of that group of men LS would have been safely in her apartment.

As it happened, their actions set in motion a whole different set of events which likely led to LS's demise.

What involvement though? There is nothing out there that puts him in the altercation unless you count rumors that get posted so much that they morph into reality.

Videotape of this would seemingly conflict with LE's statement of last time she is seen on camera. And I don't know why the reporter wouldn't mention a witness if there was one. I wonder if during their MB interview, the PIs were able to get him to tell what CR's private explanation of the night's events were.

It makes sense in terms of the location, though the description/timing seem off. "Can I take you home?" could mean 5N ... or it could have been for the benefit of the witness. ???

I've always viewed mm's, "can I take you home?" as a very creepy detail. Agree -- part of a "weekend at Bernie's" moment, part of an act to convey to the witness that LS was ok and capable of responding even though she likely wasn't.

Another strike in a long list of black marks against cr's character (assuming cr is mm).

Is this a fact? Did LE indicate that the Dogs reacted in any way?

While it could have been cleaned up, if dogs smelled cadaver at 5N at all, it's crucial to this case.
It is a fact that LE searched 5N with dogs on June 29 or 30th 2011. It is speculation, though, that they were cadaver dogs. BPD has not released the results. Not sure if they searched both apts or just CRs.
BPD press conferences ended about this time. The Spierers started pleading for her friends to say what they knew.

I am a bit curious as to why JW went and got the apartment keys from HT, interrupting her while she was in class, instead of just going to Smallwood and knocking on the door first. Why was he so concerned? In some of the statements HT made after the disappearance, she was quoted saying:

"I was in class so he asked me if he could come get my key from me just to check if she was still sleeping in the apartment because it was around 2 p.m. then, and we all sleep late."

If it was around 2, and it wasn't out of the ordinary for LS to still be sleeping, why was he so concerned that something bad happened to her? Just because she left her phone at the bar doesn't necessarily mean she was in trouble. Maybe he didn't know she went to the bar and thought she was lying to him? But if he did know she was at the bar, why was he so alarmed?

Just a thought.

Imo this would be normal action of boyfriend. Im sure at this point, JWs Alarm is thats she is with CR in the bedroom.

Those things don't make him a POI, they make him a target for speculation.

What involvement though? There is nothing out there that puts him in the altercation unless you count rumors that get posted so much that they morph into reality.

Is AB not one of the two guys that found her things outside 10th&college complex. He was at smallwood when LS was there, and matches witness description carrying her. I realize there is a chance this is mistaken identity but at this point , dont think his involvement can be eliminated

The PI infers that ZO intervened out of concern about LS' condition. Maybe he or someone in the group didn't want her to be alone with CR, due to her condition, her relationship with JW, disliking CR, or liking her himself. Or someone didn't want her to enter her apartment at that time (which would beg another "why").

We also don't know if LS planned on staying at her apartment. They might have been going there to pick something up ... new shoes, party favors, etc. Maybe that was a concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95