IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its time to acknowledge David Rohn. When faced with adversity he showed compassion for others and was willing to accept responsibility for his actions. He didnt look for excuses or worry about police corruption when asked to take poly. He acted like most innocent people would and cooperated.
Thank You David Rohn !!

Not ready to go there. He went with lauren, and if witnesses are even half true, was getting high and drunk with her, then left her . For some reason, he was supposedly one of the two people called at the end. He didn't answer.
Again, he could be one of the contributers to her demise, but not the perp and doesn't know or suspect the perp.

but you're right Snapfade, he's the best of the bunch.

A&N Wolff comments = unbelievable! I also did not address their comments yesterday because of their obvious insensitivity on a day that belonged to Lauren. The ONLY good thing that I can see that may come out of their insensitive comments is that it will hopefully draw more attention to Lauren's case. JWs parents did nothing to ease anyone's suspicions about his involvement, quite the contrary, it has enhanced mine and probably others. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, callousness, imo, is learned.

"Lauren's mother acknowledged to News12 that the boys had accused her of bothering them in her search for clues. But she didn't apologize.

"As a parent, what would you do?" Spierer said. "Hopefully one of these days somebody will have a crisis of conscience and come forward."

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nat...ygraphs-in-daughter-s-disappearance-1.5391059

If A&N Wolff were in a reverse situation, I can guarantee they would make the same statement and would want/expect the same from LS! God forbid if something similar happened to one of my children, flies on $h%t wouldn't begin to explain what I would do to get answers!

Take the FBI-administered test!!! Just do it!!!

Maybe the Indiana Police have added 2 new PsOI to their list after that most remarkable interview.

Maybe the Indiana Police have added 2 new PsOI to their list after that most remarkable interview.

Keepin it classy, aren't they?! IMO makes the Spierers look even better by contrast - and they already had nothing but respect from me.

According to Lauren's mom, she was waiting for Jeese's classes to end so she could ride back with him to New York City. Jesse was not to graduate untill December. so, he was not moving out.

I don't think Jesse's father's arrival was preplanned.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2012/01/29/news.lauren-spierers-parents-are-determined-to-find-the-truth-we-want-to-know-what-happened.sto

This story said that Lauren was supposed to start a summer class at Ivy Tech and then go back to New York for an internship
at Anthropologie:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81822

IU's spring classes had ended on May 6 and summer classes started May 10. I don't know what Ivy Tech's schedule was.

http://registrar.indiana.edu/pdfs/BegEndSemDates.pdf

I'm not sure why all the speculation on the phone and shoes keep popping up? For one thing it seems fairly well established she left them at the bar. But take that out of the equation and I'm still lost on why there's the occasional focus on this point? I'm assuming there must be a theory floating around that I'm just not seeing.

Someone is going to dispose of her body but plant her phone and shoes at a bar... to what end? I guess you you could argue the phone being planted would be so the perp could call the phone looking for her and someone finding it would see their calls and assume them innocent (since they were looking for her)? Seems far fetched and risky to boot. And the shoes I can't think of anything. That would seem to be needless risk.

...Someone could get caught planting them.... leave trace evidence on them....

If it's 5N guys planting the phone, again to what end? And if it's not the 5N guys then anyone planting it would have to know 5N guys say she didn't have the phone.

There was no speculation about the phone being planted by anyone. My whole point of the post was about the white jacket and if it was seen on video anywhere. Because if not that means she left it at JR's or they stopped somewhere else before going to Kilroy's. The point about the phone was only to say it might have been in the jacket and someone brought it to her at the bar.

For anyone who wasn't reading the threads at WS in the early days of Lauren's case, you might find them interesting. I remember it being so difficult to talk about JW without suddenly encountering an onslaught of posters vehemently defending him. Some of us used to PM and laugh aloud about it, it was just so bizarre. Nowadays, I have read that lawyers will troll public bulletin boards and float theories to see what works to defend their clients... Who knew? food for thought. But back 2 years ago, I was very uncomfortable with the way the discussions seemed to be overly controlled by some very good and eagle-eyed posters. I also don't put any stock, at all, into the threads at PT. the info there seemed to convenient, too self-serving, and again, way too overlydefensive of JW. I never really suspected him, but the more people posted in the extreme overly defensive way about him, the more suspicious I ended up being. My final take ended up being that whoever was involved, I may never know. But I do know that JW was extremely well protected from the very early start. His Dad punching out CR was the least of it, IMHO.
Pease excuse any typos as I am on my ipad and in somewhat of a rush.

There was no speculation about the phone being planted by anyone. My whole point of the post was about the white jacket and if it was seen on video anywhere. Because if not that means she left it at JR's or they stopped somewhere else before going to Kilroy's. The point about the phone was only to say it might have been in the jacket and someone brought it to her at the bar.

Elmorejames is who I was actually responding too mainly. I should've been more clear.

[/B]
Not ready to go there. He went with lauren, and if witnesses are even half true, was getting high and drunk with her, then left her . For some reason, he was supposedly one of the two people called at the end. He didn't answer.
Again, he could be one of the contributers to her demise, but not the perp and doesn't know or suspect the perp.
but you're right Snapfade, he's the best of the bunch.

Here is where we are going to view things differently.. "IF" an adult is willingly using drugs , I personally cant lay blame on any other person- if they get arrested, if they get sick, if they become addicted, and even if the worst possible outcome was the result of using drugs. Every college age adult knows the dangers and the decision is theirs

...If DR & LS were using drugs together that night, DR knew he could be facing drug charges, but still he did the right thing and took polygraph. Thats a man that was willing to accept responsibility for his actions in an effort to help The Spierers find their daughter.

Keepin it classy, aren't they?! IMO makes the Spierers look even better by contrast - and they already had nothing but respect from me.

I agree.. The contrast is evident and classy. Mr. Spierer seems very level headed.. Especially, for a guy living amongst all those females.... that was a joke...
My heart aches for Mrs. Spierer.

Here is where we are going to view things differently.. "IF" an adult is willingly using drugs , I personally cant lay blame on any other person- if they get arrested, if they get sick, if they become addicted, and even if the worst possible outcome was the result of using drugs. Every college age adult knows the dangers and the decision is theirs

...If DR & LS were using drugs together that night, DR knew he could be facing drug charges, but still he did the right thing and took polygraph. Thats a man that was willing to accept responsibility for his actions in an effort to help The Spierers find their daughter.

Exactly. He did exactly what The Spierer's are still asking the other boys to do- come forward about what they know from that night, and to take an FBI Administered Polygraph.

DR actually participated in a search too, and passed out flyers. I imagine his attorney advised him to stop though. I used to take a peak at his twitter page here and there when it wasn't locked, and he would tweet about LS from time to time too. Not in regards to an anniversary or anything, but things like "Watching Fresh Prince of Bel Air, it's not the same without Spierer, I miss her so much", etc. What we know about him right now makes me believe that if he would have woken up to answer that phone at 4:15am, he would have NOT have kept what JR called him about a secret. And yes, I am 100% going with the notion that JR- not LS- is the one who called DR.

Hi All –

I have been quietly following this case and the discussion here since the start. I grew up in Bloomington, and went to school at IU many years ago. In grad school, I lived just a couple blocks east of 5N. Some of my best friends lived a few blocks farther west – just past the underpass on 11th St. I’ve walked that neighborhood barefoot and inebriated in the wee hours more than once. Of course, that was before the development of all the high density upscale student housing. Back then it was just a run-down neighborhood on the far edge of downtown. When I came across this story 2 years ago, it caught my attention. That this still has not been solved is tragic beyond measure. I cannot imagine the grief and despair that her parents must feel.

I’m not sure that I have anything new to add to the extensive discussion here, but 2 years is a long time and I feel the urge to share some of my thoughts with you just as you have all shared your thoughts and ideas with me.

We STILL don’t know many of the crucial details of what happened that night, but it does seem clear (from video evidence and statements from the POIs) that LS was at or near 5N at about 3:30 or 4:00am. Given her reported state of inebriation and injury, it doesn’t seem very likely to me that she left 5N under her own power. I agree that the boys at 5N probably know more than has been reported. Since their stories (however sketchy) all seem more or less in line, that leaves 2 alternatives – that they are telling the truth, and she really did walk away at ~4am – or that one or more are involved to some extent.

I can imagine a few possible scenarios in which the 5N boys might feel the need to collaborate on a consistent story and dispose of a body. And I really don’t see hiding a body as a big issue. Even if JR’s truck was in the shop (c’mon, it’s a Rover – they’re always in the shop) these are wealthy kids, I would assume that all had vehicles, plus there was at least one out-of-town visitor. Within 15 minutes drive in almost any direction they could be in a place where a body could easily be hidden – in 30 minutes they could have driven to some very remote areas. It would have been hinting dawn at 4:30 or 5:00am and even a couple f’d up kids could have found a reasonable hiding place. (Do I remember correctly that one or more of them were SPEA students? If so, they might well have been on field trips into the National Forest just south of town, or other remote areas.) Or, since they may not have been familiar with the surrounding countryside and/or may not have been comfortable going there, they could have hidden a body in any of a thousand dumpsters – many of which may well have been taken to a different landfill or transfer center than the one searched.

But what if she really did walk away from 5N? If that was the case, then an opportunistic stranger abduction becomes more of a possibility, as does the possibility of a stalker abduction (although the hour or more she reportedly spent at 5N would imply a very patient stalker). And the statistics related to this sort of thing overwhelmingly point to a friend or acquaintance.

How about MB? His story has been the least consistent of the 5N bunch. Reportedly, he was writing a paper or 2 – due the next morning – after partying at JR’s earlier in the evening. Now I pulled more than my share of all-nighters writing papers back in the day, but I never could have done it if I began the evening partying with my friends. What if his papers were already written and he saw a very vulnerable LS stumbling past his door…?

Or JW? His alibi is pretty weak – his roommate said they went to bed after the game…. I have long wondered about the boyfriend and why he seemed so untouchable in all this. The recent comments by his parents raise all sorts of red flags for me. What if LS headed to his house from 5N? It would have been an easy walk – maybe twice as far as SW - and she may have been conscious enough to realize she didn’t have her key. Or maybe, after an evening being hit on by CR she would have wanted some comfort and familiarity. Or, what if JW was out looking for her. Let’s say JW and roommate headed to bed. Some time later JW gets a text (from one of ZO’s group?) telling him his girl is wasted and out w/ CR. The timing is about right. He stews about it for a while and then heads out towards CR’s, finds LS and things turn ugly…. To me, what has been reported of JW’s activities the next day could be interpreted in 2 ways: as the actions of a concerned boyfriend, or as those of someone trying to cover his tracks by raising the alarm. It’s also reported that he had access to her apartment that day (picked up HT’s keys) – which could have either confirmed his suspicions that she was missing, OR allowed him to tamper with incriminating evidence.

I also wonder about the missing person report. In my experience, LE does not do anything more than note the report until at least 24 hours have passed – longer in the case of a young adult. Something about the report must have led them to action much sooner than usual. LS’s medical condition? Pressure from parents or parents’ lawyer? Some other factor that suggested foul play?

As so many others have said, it would be nice if us armchair ‘sleuths’ had access to the full LE file on this case. I certainly hope that they have a whole lot more to work with than we do. Do they really have so little evidence that they can’t bring some of the POIs in for questioning? No other charges or infractions against them that would allow a bit of leverage? BPD has the reputation of being very sensitive to the political and PR implications of crimes involving college students. I’m sure that BPD and IU would like nothing more than for this case to quietly disappear. I hope that Qualters is being truthful when he says that they are actively pursuing this case, although I would rather hear that they are aggressively pursuing it with all available resources.

Like so many of you, I keep coming back here hoping to read that someone has come forward, that the police have made an arrest, that the case has been solved…. My heart goes out to the Spierer family. I sincerely hope they can soon get the resolution they so need and deserve.

- John

Hi, Uncle John. What a lovely first post. Welcome!

I think you covered all of the angles, and there are quite a few.

The image that looms large in my mind, and has since near the beginning, is that of a young woman in a compromised condition in the company of three young men (possibly four), one of whom is known for acting out on impulse, and by his own admission was inebriated; and another with a less than stellar reputation. All three are intelligent enough to understand the significance of DNA evidence, and as you said, all three had the means to easily eliminate "the evidence" to save their hides. In two years, none of the three has been properly forthcoming, yet one has the audacity to claim harrassment. (That alone speaks volumes to me.) And none has an alibi save for each other. So here I sit with this bold, vivid picture clear as day in front of my eyes while Lauren's disappearance goes unsolved. It's so damn unfair.

Where is justice?

Where is Lauren?

Hi All –

[snipped to decrease length]
I also wonder about the missing person report. In my experience, LE does not do anything more than note the report until at least 24 hours have passed – longer in the case of a young adult. Something about the report must have led them to action much sooner than usual. LS’s medical condition? Pressure from parents or parents’ lawyer? Some other factor that suggested foul play?

[snipped to decrease length]
- John
Because of her age and heart condition, LS would have qualified as a high risk missing person. LE in Indiana is required by law to act promptly in such cases, at least by taking the report and alerting other LE agencies, entering the information into certain databases, etc.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/2010/title5/ar2/ch17.html

The image that looms large in my mind, and has since near the beginning, is that of a young woman in a compromised condition in the company of three young men (possibly four), one of whom is known for acting out on impulse, and by his own admission was inebriated; and another with a less than stellar reputation. All three are intelligent enough to understand the significance of DNA evidence, and as you said, all three had the means to easily eliminate "the evidence" to save their hides. In two years, none of the three has been properly forthcoming, yet one has the audacity to claim harassment. (That alone speaks volumes to me.) And none has an alibi save for each other. So here I sit with this bold, vivid picture clear as day in front of my eyes while Lauren's disappearance goes unsolved. It's so damn unfair.

Where is justice?

Where is Lauren?

Aren't both CR and JW (via his parents) both claiming some degree of harassment?

We don't know whether the non-student guests provide alibis or if they could be part of a wider conspiracy.

The image that looms large in my mind, and has since near the beginning, is that of a young woman in a compromised condition in the company of three young men (possibly four), one of whom is known for acting out on impulse, and by his own admission was inebriated; and another with a less than stellar reputation. All three are intelligent enough to understand the significance of DNA evidence, and as you said, all three had the means to easily eliminate "the evidence" to save their hides. In two years, none of the three has been properly forthcoming, yet one has the audacity to claim harrassment. (That alone speaks volumes to me.) And none has an alibi save for each other. So here I sit with this bold, vivid picture clear as day in front of my eyes while Lauren's disappearance goes unsolved. It's so damn unfair.

Where is justice?

Where is Lauren?

BBM

I have always had a hard time accepting that they just let a very drunk, tiny, pretty girl, walk home all alone at 4 am. WHY would they not convince her to stay awhile and crash there? That seems a more normal response, even assuming one might hope to get lucky. JMO It is just hard for me to believe they just watched her stumble into the darkness, all alone.

That said, I also find it weird when I think about why some of these guys wouldn't just take the test.

Based on what I've read and now assume about these boys/families, the answer is simple enough. They haven't taken the tests because they've been advised not to. Let's not forget about the attorneys in this process. Sometimes, wealthy, entitled people tend to listen to and rely on such advisors more than they might listen to their own moral obligations.

More thoughts on the "Spierer boyfriend's family fume at cops, media" article:

2: JW's dad said LS texted JW and told him she was going to bed, prior to her actually going to JR's to pre-game. JW told the PI that he was watching NBA Playoffs with his roommates, and was supposed to meet up with LS later but couldn't get a hold of her. Well, if he believed she went to bed....?

This is is an interesting discrepancy, but "but the going to bed thing" (for LS) does correlate w what CS said in an article or one of her posts-- that the last time LS used her phone was before she left Smallwood, which I find fascinating.

In this day and age, people of all ages rarely go a minute without checking or using their phones in some way. This has been discussed before -- but does this mean she was so out of her mind, she didn't care? Or that her companions (dr, then cr) were always carrying it? A small thing, but very weird for a 4-hr period.

This is is an interesting discrepancy, but "but the going to bed thing" (for LS) does correlate w what CS said in an article or one of her posts-- that the last time LS used her phone was before she left Smallwood, which I find fascinating.

In this day and age, people of all ages rarely go a minute without checking or using their phones in some way. This has been discussed before -- but does this mean she was so out of her mind, she didn't care? Or that her companions (dr, then cr) were always carrying it? A small thing, but very weird for a 4-hr period.
If the allegations that LS used benzodiazepines (Klonopin or Xanax) are correct, then she would not have been anxious about anything, including the location of her phone, walking outside barefoot, whether her boyfriend might get upset, whether it was safe to accept a ride from a stranger, whether it was safe to be alone with someone, the location of her purse and keys, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95