IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same thought, Abbey. Either the "rumor" that the second call was to Lauren's own phone is false... or the reporting was incorrect in that the 'male who Lauren had been with at Smallwood earlier' was actually DR. I'm not sure if I am articulating clearly, but I was wondering if David Rohn and the male that was called whom she was with at Smallwood earlier were the same person... on-in-the-same, but the information was misconstrued and the bit about "a male she had been with at Smallwood" was incorrectly attributed to a different phone call rather than to the phone call to Rohn?

I'm struggling to convey this clearly.

That's the only way I can possibly explain that Lauren's own phone was one of the two calls.

That would totally make sense, in theory. But, this is my feeling on the issue:

- That info came from the Spierers PIs. They would know if Lauren's phone had been called, and they have never said this. They also seem fairly convinced that JR made those calls.

- The only other info about the phone has been all over the place and has come from anonymous 'insider' sources. I believe the first rumor about the phones was from "Ray" who said that JR had called DR for a ride for Lauren. Then JR supposedly said Lauren made the call to DR but never mentioned her calling her own phone. Now our latest anonymous rumor comes up with Lauren calling her phone after we have questioned why she didn't a million times here.

- Bottom line, the POI have had two years to clarify any information they wanted to. They could have given a statement to the media or through their lawyers. They have never done so. The only claims they have made themselves have been totally unsupported (like CR claiming people are 'lying' without saying what has been lied about or what the truth is)

- If their only means of spreading other (mis)information is by spreading rumors through friends and possibly through anonymous internet handles that can't be verified, this only confirms to me that they won't stand by any story, so all of that information is useless.

JMO

Also:

"With Beth still present, Rosenbaum, expressing concern over Spierer's well being and safety, attempted to contact mutual friends to pick up Spierer and take her back to her apartment"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactive/2013/06/27/complaint-filed-on-behalf-lauren-spierer-family/

So, MB is a witness to these calls. And this version in the lawsuit corresponds to the very first rumor about the calls (from "Ray").

It also contradicts the claim that JR thought Lauren was totally fine to walk home.

Also:

"With Beth still present, Rosenbaum, expressing concern over Spierer's well being and safety, attempted to contact mutual friends to pick up Spierer and take her back to her apartment"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/interactive/2013/06/27/complaint-filed-on-behalf-lauren-spierer-family/

So, MB is a witness to these calls. And this version in the lawsuit corresponds to the very first rumor about the calls (from "Ray").

It also contradicts the claim that JR thought Lauren was totally fine to walk home.

One thing that clicks for me here is that JR might have called for a ride for LS if his vehicle was indeed in the shop. That would definitely contradict her being fine to walk home ... and also provide a reason why he himself didn't walk her home: At that point, she couldn't walk.

It's interesting to think that MB witnessed the calls. The more we hear, the more he witnessed that night.

Perhaps in June 2011, MB thought he could escape being pulled into the middle of this mess and scrutinized so heavily... much of the focus has been on CR and JR as MB's role has been vague and ever-changing according to what the public has heard over the past two years.

But I think that MB's knowledge is actually key, and I find it imperative that he tells the TRUTH about everything he witnessed that night.

Although I believe LS passed on or was slowing fading away when the phone calls from JR's phone were made, I don't think LS's fingerprints on the phone would support anything- she easily could have touched JR's phone for whatever reason at any point that evening. And IMO, 0% of me believes LS made those calls at 4:15am. JR indicated she did, but I don't believe anything he has to say.

Much like all of you, I have been following this case like crazy since June 2011, but don't see her phone being left at Kilroy's anything to raise an eyebrow at. She was drunk. I have left my phone at bars countless times in college. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Kilroy's responded to a text JW sent her- he was probably blowing up her phone. And it definitely isn't a-typical for bars to call the last person the phone has received a text/call from.

I just don't see a scenerio where other people were using LS's phone for a negative reason, or really at all. And LE likely read all texts that came and went from her phone. Additionally, I find it hard to believe she would even be thinking about the whereabouts of her cell phone in the condition she was in, which was captured on video.

Am I the only one who thinks her cell phone is totally irrelevant?

If looking for her phone put her out on the street despite her condition, then
it could be relevant.
LE had 10 POIs, and they haven't officially cleared any of them.
MB, JR, CR have been in the limelight, as having been the last to ADMITTEDLY
see Lauren. DK the others--possibly JW? And then other POIs might be someone JR told LE Lauren was thinking of stopping off to see, and/or persons who were at JRs when/if Lauren left.

Am I the only one who feels great big chunks have been left out of the
testimonies, making it impossible to prove/disprove the guilt/innocence of
anyone?

Also, am I the only one who feels the 5N situation might be not-so-cut-and-dried? or does everyone think it's just a done deal--they did it?

If looking for her phone put her out on the street despite her condition, then
it could be relevant.
LE had 10 POIs, and they haven't officially cleared any of them.
MB, JR, CR have been in the limelight, as having been the last to ADMITTEDLY
see Lauren. DK the others--possibly JW? And then other POIs might be someone JR told LE Lauren was thinking of stopping off to see, and/or persons who were at JRs when/if Lauren left.

Am I the only one who feels great big chunks have been left out of the
testimonies, making it impossible to prove/disprove the guilt/innocence of
anyone?

Also, am I the only one who feels the 5N situation might be not-so-cut-and-dried? or does everyone think it's just a done deal--they did it?

:seeya: I am with you on this one.
Now that I heard there are 10 POIs...well that means some stories we haven't heard yet. It could be that one of these stories raises just as many red flags as the 5N guys.

interesting article about several unsolved cases (including Lauren) and a theory:

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/

Weird. I brought up a white moving type van a long time ago (based on nothing) and then later the remote viewer said he 'saw' her in a white van and even illustrates the sound the sliding door makes in his video. I wonder where this investigator got this information? He doesn't indicate any source or reason for his theory that I could find.

Although I believe LS passed on or was slowing fading away when the phone calls from JR's phone were made, I don't think LS's fingerprints on the phone would support anything- she easily could have touched JR's phone for whatever reason at any point that evening. And IMO, 0% of me believes LS made those calls at 4:15am. JR indicated she did, but I don't believe anything he has to say.

Much like all of you, I have been following this case like crazy since June 2011, but don't see her phone being left at Kilroy's anything to raise an eyebrow at. She was drunk. I have left my phone at bars countless times in college. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Kilroy's responded to a text JW sent her- he was probably blowing up her phone. And it definitely isn't a-typical for bars to call the last person the phone has received a text/call from.

I just don't see a scenerio where other people were using LS's phone for a negative reason, or really at all. And LE likely read all texts that came and went from her phone. Additionally, I find it hard to believe she would even be thinking about the whereabouts of her cell phone in the condition she was in, which was captured on video.

Am I the only one who thinks her cell phone is totally irrelevant?

No. You are not.

:seeya: I am with you on this one.
Now that I heard there are 10 POIs...well that means some stories we haven't heard yet. It could be that one of these stories raises just as many red flags as the 5N guys.

I would agree that there is likely a lot that we don't know regarding the investigation.

One thing that clicks for me here is that JR might have called for a ride for LS if his vehicle was indeed in the shop. That would definitely contradict her being fine to walk home ... and also provide a reason why he himself didn't walk her home: At that point, she couldn't walk.

It's interesting to think that MB witnessed the calls. The more we hear, the more he witnessed that night.

BBM: Exactly. This is the only reason that it would make sense for JR to be calling looking for a ride when either him or MB could have easily walked her home.

Later LE said that there number 10 was an approximation and a somewhat fluid number that changes from day to day.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/1...-offer-clues-in-case-missing-indiana-student/

But they had ten, and recently said none have been cleared. The above link
states CR and MB have given DNA samples.

This is when a guilty person, IMO, would lawyer up and refuse to comply, when asked to give DNA samples.

Really, all 3 5N guys HAVE cooperated. They all 3 let police search whatever they wanted to. They are sticking to their story after giving police whatever means of evidence they asked for. They won't admit to disposing of Lauren.

Do they seem guilty, because they were the last known people to have seen Lauren? The above link states that LE is calling JW a POI too. And he hasn't been cleared. Now why would he be a person of interest if the others were the last to see her? IMO, it has something to do with her phone.

Here's a dumb question--when a phone pings, does it give an exact location
or just a general area? Because if she did text her own phone, would it give a location? IMO, maybe JW became a POI because of how he answered questions about Lauren's phone.

sorry, just not ready to abandon the phone issue, maybe it was Lauren's phone that pinged in Martinsville, not JR's..

Is the phone ping in Martinsville a fact? I know it was at least a rumor, wondering if it was verified that someone's phone pinged there.

Mostly, phone pings are not specific as to an address, but maybe to a block or two, but it depends upon how many towers there are nearby. If only one tower, for example, the area would be much larger. As far as I kmow.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165478"]IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I recall that a mainstream article said that the cell phone records of the PsOI were not in conflict with their stories, which would conflict with the story about the Martinsville ping. Anyone remember the source? I think it might have been the PIs.

Ros, I'm pretty sure that was an unverified rumor that came from a poster here. Unless I missed something, I don't recall any details about the phone records released.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_c-935Sal4"]YouTube[/ame]

this video posted by Jupiter, thread #27, post #27, shows the back of Kilroys where the sand is. There are tables right next to the fence. This is a picture taken after remodeling. Before, the sand didn't go all the way across, it was just on the northwest back corner and more open, but the fence and tables by the fence were there.

Alley runs north behind Kilroys til you get to 9th, turn left go to the corner, cross the street, and you're in front of SW.
Apropos of something else, is BTown telling us the woman pedestrian was in front of SW? Because he said she was between 8th and 9th IIRC..

oh-oh the sand part is completely turned around. I'm going somewhere in that direction in a bit so I'll scope it out as well as cameras. The camera part is weird because I know a lot has been changed--5N now has cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member