IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was "this" supposed to connect a link? I don't understand "this."

Ros, I can't speak for mfunky but in my experience online, quoting what you said with the comment "THIS" usually means someone is agreeing with you.

Perhaps meaning "Yes, THIS is so true."

JMO

Ros, I can't speak for mfunky but in my experience online, quoting what you said with the comment "THIS" usually means someone is agreeing with you.

Perhaps meaning "Yes, THIS is so true."

JMO

Thanks, I had not seen that usage before.

No happy ending in this case. Her car was found in a lake. The person inside was deceased. Official ID to be released today, but Silver Alert was cancelled. So sad when a young person's life ends so soon.

does anyone think this case will be sleuthed? sorry off topic

One of my good friend's boyfriends went to high school at North Central with and has hung out with ZO a few times.

She told me last night that she heard that LS was with ZO, (wasn't she was last seen on the corner by his apartments?) she overdosed on cocaine, and they freaked out. What she told me about her being carefree, partying, etc. seems to coincide perfectly with what I've read in MSM. Maybe she was walking from JR's and saw his complex and figured "Hey he'll want to party" and knocked on his door? Obviously I can't prove this to be true or false, it's just what I heard from a mutual friend of his. Supposedly someone there was friends with a local construction worker and contacted them. I hate using these words, but I guess they said she was laid with one of the new buildings.....Once again, this is purely word of mouth, but I found it to make sense. What do you guys think?

One of my good friend's boyfriends went to high school at North Central with and has hung out with ZO a few times.

She told me last night that she heard that LS was with ZO, (wasn't she was last seen on the corner by his apartments?) she overdosed on cocaine, and they freaked out. What she told me about her being carefree, partying, etc. seems to coincide perfectly with what I've read in MSM. Maybe she was walking from JR's and saw his complex and figured "Hey he'll want to party" and knocked on his door? Obviously I can't prove this to be true or false, it's just what I heard from a mutual friend of his. Supposedly someone there was friends with a local construction worker and contacted them. I hate using these words, but I guess they said she was laid with one of the new buildings.....Once again, this is purely word of mouth, but I found it to make sense. What do you guys think?

Honestly, I think the ZO rumors were started by someone on PT, given legs by Tony Gatto, and there has never been a smidgen of evidence that any of those rumors were true or that he or any of his roommates saw Lauren after the incident at Smallwood. Also, Lauren wasn't even friends with him, AFAIK, so I doubt she would go to his apartment. I also doubt she could walk.

JMO

Honestly, I think the ZO rumors were started by someone on PT, given legs by Tony Gatto, and there has never been a smidgen of evidence that any of those rumors were true or that he or any of his roommates saw Lauren after the incident at Smallwood. Also, Lauren wasn't even friends with him, AFAIK, so I doubt she would go to his apartment. I also doubt she could walk.

JMO

He was friends with her boyfriend, JW, though...so he would've known who she was. It's all up in the air for me...there's not even a smidgen of evidence that she was at JR's afterwards. I just can't see a reason for him to lie and say he saw her walking if he didn't. This case really blows my mind :scared:

He was friends with her boyfriend, JW, though...so he would've known who she was. It's all up in the air for me...there's not even a smidgen of evidence that she was at JR's afterwards. I just can't see a reason for him to lie and say he saw her walking if he didn't. This case really blows my mind :scared:

There is evidence she was at JR's. That's the last place she was seen. JR himself says so.

I wasn't aware that ZO and JW were friends. I thought his roommate (on PT) said they weren't? I could be wrong though.

ETA: And aren't there cameras at ZO's building? If she was there, she would have been caught on surveillance arriving.

Supposedly someone there was friends with a local construction worker and contacted them. I hate using these words, but I guess they said she was laid with one of the new buildings..... What do you guys think?

IIRC the concrete for both nearby buildings under construction at the time had already been poured prior to Lauren going missing.
You can tell by the pics I posted.

The only exception would be the street paving work for the sewer lines.

And aren't there cameras at ZO's building? If she was there, she would have been caught on surveillance arriving.

Correct.
I have posted the pics of the cameras in this thread.

IIRC the concrete for both nearby buildings under construction at the time had already been poured prior to Lauren going missing.
You can tell by the pics I posted.

The only exception would be the street paving work for the sewer lines.

Ahhh okay, I forgot about your pictures. Just another theory that was on my mind once she told me. Still sticking with my original one, I just found this interesting

Correct.
I have posted the pics of the cameras in this thread.

most of the businesses inside 10th and College have keys that let them onto an elevator that goes down to the parking garage where the dumpsters are. Or, if you live there, you could at that time use your key to use the same elevator to go to your floor.
Because of the very nature of cameras and these tech savvy, tech aware
young people going around doing/dealing, DUIing, PIing, on the same 3-4 block radius, they could probably get in or out of most places and avoid cameras. What we have to stop and think about is part of their natural makeup now.
People who get locked out (at 10th and C) will ask you to use the business elevator but you need a resident key to get to any apts. There is a middle staircase right off College (not the one by the clock) that you can go up in between the food place and whatever shop is there at the time. Go straight at the top of the stair and it leads to the courtyard of 10th and C. From this courtyard, residents can enter the building from several back foyers and ascend to their prospective floors. The courtyard is big and squares the whole complex. Not sure if the floors on all sides connect in the square. so, could someone enter 10th and College off camera? IMO yes.

Ahhh okay, I forgot about your pictures. Just another theory that was on my mind once she told me. Still sticking with my original one, I just found this interesting

Ash, what is your original theory?

most of the businesses inside 10th and College have keys that let them onto an elevator that goes down to the parking garage where the dumpsters are. Or, if you live there, you could at that time use your key to use the same elevator to go to your floor. People who get locked out (at 10th and C) will ask you to use the business elevator but you need a resident key to get to any apts.

I've used that elevator. There are 2 cameras pointed at the garage doors. You can't go in or out without passing them.

This pic shows 2 cameras pointed in the alley and 1 pointed East at the garage doors, (its not circled).
There is a 4th camera out of sight of the picture on the right at the corner of 10th and College that points West, back to the garage doors.
2jcu0pl.jpg

There is a middle staircase right off College (not the one by the clock) that you can go up in between the food place and whatever shop is there at the time. Go straight at the top of the stair and it leads to the courtyard of 10th and C. From this courtyard, residents can enter the building from several back foyers and ascend to their prospective floors. The courtyard is big and squares the whole complex. Not sure if the floors on all sides connect in the square. so, could someone enter 10th and College off camera? IMO yes.

There are 2 cameras pointed at this location. You cannot enter the building without passing one of them.

Camera view looking North at 10th & College Apts. on the South East side of Bldg.
20qx6gz.jpg

2rc8ug3.jpg

Camera pointing South at 10th & College Apts. on the North East side of Bldg.
2n0rcp5.jpg

Camera pointing East (toward College St.)at 10th & College Apts. on North side of Bldg.
img00180201106141727.jpg

img00178201106141726.jpg

2 Cameras on the North West side of the Bldg. One pointed East at College, and one pointing South toward 10th St.
25kn0a1.jpg

All 4 sides of the building have multiple cameras. They cover all entrances.
It doesn't appear that you could enter or exit 10th & College Apts. without showing up on at least one of them.

All this talk about cameras and how this or that could or couldn't have happened because a camera would've caught it has me thinking about a point:
That assumes the cameras were working properly and recording the time in question. Not sure I've ever seen confirmation what cameras were and were not working other than simply the ones we have been told caught an image.

I also wonder if any cameras did catch something that didn't square with the stories LE has heard, or otherwise outside of the existing narrative, would we know it? For example let's say LS was seen interacting on camera for a moment with someone whose identity is known, yet that person never admitted to any interaction or came forward, would we necessary be told that by LE or would they leave that out of the public narrative?

I just have the feeling that's there's been so little info shared by LE that it's very possible they hold some info that would make us all rethink our positions and theories as they stand.

All this talk about cameras and how this or that could or couldn't have happened because a camera would've caught it has me thinking about a point:
That assumes the cameras were working properly and recording the time in question. Not sure I've ever seen confirmation what cameras were and were not working other than simply the ones we have been told caught an image.

I also wonder if any cameras did catch something that didn't square with the stories LE has heard, or otherwise outside of the existing narrative, would we know it? For example let's say LS was seen interacting on camera for a moment with someone whose identity is known, yet that person never admitted to any interaction or came forward, would we necessary be told that by LE or would they leave that out of the public narrative?

I just have the feeling that's there's been so little info shared by LE that it's very possible they hold some info that would make us all rethink our positions and theories as they stand.

It has got me thinking as well - what are the chances, with all these cameras in place, that she could simply disappear? To me, there are three options: Some of the cameras weren't working/recording, the person/people who disappeared Lauren knew where the cameras where or that they weren't working (could he/she/they have disabled them?), or a random person that doesn't know Lauren or a person/people that do/does just had everything work out for them perfectly when they took her.

I would love to know whether all the cameras in Btown's pics (thanks again!!!! especially for not making us go back and look for them too!) were operational and recording. If we had that information it would be very helpful with which way we continue to look at Lauren's disappearance. IMO, from what I have surmised from the wording of the lawsuit, it seems that they may not have been if I am to understand that had she returned to Smallwood, she would have been captured on camera somewhere either way she returned. I may have that wrong, I'm thinking I do as I type, so please correct!

Lauren, where are you?! Please give us a sign!

I would love to know whether all the cameras in Btown's pics were operational and recording.

We know the 10th & College Recorder and the cameras at the West side of the building were working, because Lauren was recorded going up the alley toward 5 North Apts.

Beyond that, maybe more info will come out in the civil trial?

Me too at the last few posts. We're these cameras installed and working? Was she seen specifically walking past the end of the alley on the camera located on the North side of the building pointing east down the side alley towards College? If not... She didn't make it one block. Or she never left JR's or CR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966