IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion, MB was writing a paper and needed to concentrate, so he wanted her out of his apt. Since she was at JRs earlier that night, he took her back to where she started the night. That is how I make sense of it.

That's what his lawyer said the first time, but then it turned out he was out with everyone else.

He wasn't even home when CR and LS got there. In the lawsuit docs, it says he came home after.

Yes... they found the truck driver, said he did not go around the block twice as they thought and were confused by the time stamps they were seeing. And said they were clearing him.

The white truck was captured on Morton and again on 10th Street. Two different DVRs
recorded the video. The DVRs were not synched together or with atomic clock time.

Oh, yes, the burglar story...now I remember. Thx for setting me straight.

If Lauren walked out of Mike Beth's place? Then, she may have walked out of Jay's as well. If this is true?
I should be looking for someone who was at the party earlier or attending another party in the area.
She may have been offered a ride. Or, was it up against the wall?

But then why would he say he watched her round the corner?

I remember them saying they found the owner. What gets me is the truck running the stop sign the first time around, then the 10 minute lapse before it is caught on the same camera again. 10 minutes! They have never released all the videos.

I thought she went back to JRs cause she still wanted to party... didn't MB originally say that.

My opinion, MB was writing a paper and needed to concentrate, so he wanted her out of his apt. Since she was at JRs earlier that night, he took her back to where she started the night. That is how I make sense of it.

well, he probably had a paper due, they all have a paper due, but it was also a good excuse if he got caught for drugs...just getting some adderall to study.
They all have adderall now as a pick me up when they've been drinking.

If Lauren walked out of Mike Beth's place? Then, she may have walked out of Jay's as well. If this is true?
I should be looking for someone who was at the party earlier or attending another party in the area.
She may have been offered a ride. Or, was it up against the wall?

I can't agree more that she may have walked out. Up in Ann Arbor, where DB and his friends hang out, there was a mugger-type rapist who would wait til a girl was walking alone late, run up to her and try to rape her, but didn't chase
after her, so if she fought and ran she got fondled and allowed to run away, but if she didn't fight, raped. This guy was able to blend back into the buildings,
was very familiar with the area, and hasn't been apprehended even though there's a very very good recognizable likeness of him in several composites. read, looks like someone.

These "urban infill rapists" as I just coined them, are able to lurk in wait as the drunken girls walk home, on any given night they're bound to find several. In Ann Arbor, this guy struck, the girl got away, and then he got another girl the same night who didn't get away.

Urban infill of course being the trend in this last decade to renovate large unused buildings into luxury apts for students like Smallwood. Now, you have
them all coddled downtown around the bars and voila, more rapes and abductions.

Ann Arbor was way ahead of Bloomington in that trend, and I am wondering whose dads might have made those lucrative investments in apt. renovations. Because then, you might have someone with keys to these buildings, and a sense of entitlement.

Around 4:30, I would imagine 20 or 30 parties were breaking up in that 2 block radius, and as I've said all along, creepy bartenders and bouncers, and pervs visiting the 3 adult bookstores/sex toy /video shops were all heading home.

But, I would bet it was someone who saw her earlier, maybe even the last guy JR called, and I don't believe for a minute only 2 calls were made, I bet 6 or 10 people knew Lauren was trying to get home. maybe even knew she
was starting to walk home.

That truck was the only vehicle outed... for a reason. I wonder what the mom and dad think about the truck.

That truck was the only vehicle outed... for a reason. I wonder what the mom and dad think about the truck.

Remember all the people blowing up pictures and trying to show that there was a figure in the back?

My hang-up with the truck is that LE cleared it and explained what the figure in the back was (some piece of equipment). I wonder if any of POI (including anyone they were looking at outside of 5N & JW) may have had access and/or owned a white truck though? Maybe they were hoping that the white truck owners witnessed either LS or a POI out at that hour?

It's too bad that didn't pan out into a solid lead back then because at the time, it really seemed like that truck had to be the answer :(

A good piece written by student reporters at the IU student newspaper, IDS. Many similarities between Lauren and Rachael and their relationship with their mothers, their potential, personalities...

http://idsafterthefall.com/

I wonder if any of POI (including anyone they were looking at outside of 5N & JW) may have had access and/or owned a white truck though?

This has been a hang-up for me as well...so i feel compelled to tell this story one more time.

I joined the search for LS on the Monday following her disappearance.
Rather than joining the group searches in B-town right away, I searched alone outside of town and mainly in the Morgan Monroe Forest, parts of Green County and rural Monroe County. At that point I was searching for likely "quick-dump sites".
By Wednesday I had moved in to the Martinsville area using the same technique. I searched up and down the river and creeks looking for fresh off-road tracks or any other signs of a possible dump site. As I remember, that weekend had brought unusual amounts of rain to the area so flooding was occurring.

Here's the strange part.
As I let the road and creek guide my search I ended up just North of Martinsville in a small town known as Brooklyn IN.
I decided I would look around the town briefly then turn around and work a different route back South towards Martinsville.
I was heading back out of town when I spotted a sign for a "dead end" street. It was near a RR track...looked promising...so I checked it out.

This street turned out to be mainly residential but with one small business along it...an auto exhaust repair shop.
Directly in front of the shop was parked a late model white truck just like the one from the videos but no company logos or lettering. In front of the truck a young man was talking with an older gentleman.
As I drove by, they both looked at me however, the young guy (maybe 22 yrs old) looked at me the same way my kids used to look when they thought they had been caught in the act of doing something....kinda shocked....with a look of panic.
His look was such that I felt compelled to wave to let him know I wasn't a threat...just out wondering around. But ya know, the older guy waved back and the younger guy just looked like he was gonna sh**. I didn't know him and he didn't know me.
I went to the end of the street, turned around, and was back by the shop in maybe three minutes. The kid had already bolted out of there in the truck.

I stopped to talk to the older gentleman. Turns out he was watching the shop while the owner was at lunch. He said he had never seen the young guy before and didn't know his name. But the kid was looking to get some muffler repair done on that white truck.

Unfortunately, at that time I had no information on any of the p.o.i' s...only the white truck sighting in Bloomington and that truck from the video had lettering on the side of the doors.

It was several weeks later that I caught a news clip where a reporter tracked down Jay R. and tried to interview him...then I got to see the same kid a second time...it was him...the guy that never waved back that day at the muffler shop.
Though in the news clip he wasn't driving a white truck but an suv.

This sighting, if in fact was JR, poses a hell of a lot of questions. Among them and the one we most need to answer is where was he when he dragged the muffler loose on that truck?

This has been a hang-up for me as well...so i feel compelled to tell this story one more time.

Rather than joining the group searches in B-town right away, I searched alone outside of town and mainly in the Morgan Monroe Forest, parts of Green County and rural Monroe County. At that point I was searching for likely "quick-dump sites".
By Wednesday I had moved in to the Martinsville area using the same technique. I searched up and down the river and creeks looking for fresh off-road tracks or any other signs of a possible dump site. As I remember, that weekend had brought unusual amounts of rain to the area so flooding was occurring.

Here's the strange part.
As I let the road and creek guide my search I ended up just North of Martinsville in a small town known as Brooklyn IN.
I decided I would look around the town briefly then turn around and work a different route back South towards Martinsville.
I was heading back out of town when I spotted a sign for a "dead end" street. It was near a RR track...looked promising...so I checked it out.

This street turned out to be mainly residential but with one small business along it...an auto exhaust repair shop.
Directly in front of the shop was parked a late model white truck just like the one from the videos but no company logos or lettering. In front of the truck a young man was talking with an older gentleman.
As I drove by, they both looked at me however, the young guy (maybe 22 yrs old) looked at me the same way my kids used to look when they thought they had been caught in the act of doing something....kinda shocked....with a look of panic.
His look was such that I felt compelled to wave to let him know I wasn't a threat...just out wondering around. But ya know, the older guy waved back and the younger guy just looked like he was gonna sh**. I didn't know him and he didn't know me.
I went to the end of the street, turned around, and was back by the shop in maybe three minutes. The kid had already bolted out of there in the truck.

I stopped to talk to the older gentleman. Turns out he was watching the shop while the owner was at lunch. He said he had never seen the young guy before and didn't know his name. But the kid was looking to get some muffler repair done on that white truck.

Unfortunately, at that time I had no information on any of the p.o.i' s...only the white truck sighting in Bloomington and that truck from the video had lettering on the side of the doors.

It was several weeks later that I caught a news clip where a reporter tracked down Jay R. and tried to interview him...then I got to see the same kid a second time...it was him...the guy that never waved back that day at the muffler shop.

This sighting, if in fact was JR, poses a hell of a lot of questions. Among them and the one we most need to answer is where was he when he dragged the muffler loose on that truck?

the maintenance crew at 10th and College drive white trucks like that and are on 24/7 duty. If Lauren started walking, and one of them grabbed her and slammed her against the walkway wall like the remote viewer said--but then Jay came running up because he had info that Lauren didn't make it back, right away, and came up on the scene--the maintenance guy could have
said he found her that way--unconscious or, dead,then Jay would feel his drugs were to blame. But the guy says, hey, I know a place where they'll never find her. That would fit with the remote viewer's scenario. I don't feel that JR is necessarily innocent by any means, but he could have been duped back into the scenario or blackmailed back into the scenario.

Some of those maintenance guys at 10th and College are jerks. As I've said before, I worked briefly in a shop there. Saw what goes on. Once, a guy and his girlfriend were in a fight and the guy was being violent, shoving her, throwing pizza on her outside on the walkway, screaming at her, shaking her--the security guard came over, talked to them and then let the guy walk her away. They were both drunk. The guard should have separated them if he wasn't going to call the police. I thought it was weird.

Also, some of the security guards there had very bad vibes. If Jay had one of their trucks, that means somehow one of them was involved. It could also mean that someone who lived at 10th and College was involved that also knew JR and LS. It could also mean that there was another party at 10th and College, and some people who were visiting JR were there. They could have intercepted LS on her shaky walk home and brought her inside. The guard could have been involved, or was just a bad type of flunkie who would do something like hide a body for money. Maybe he lives near Brooklyn IN and even knows this old man. He would have probably quit the job or made sure he was fired after the uproar died off, say 6 mos after Lauren's disappearance.

If JR's friends were there, they would have called JR and probably lied about how she died, to get him back involved, and the reason none of this was on camera is because our guard messed with them.

We know from experience that there can be two nearly identical trucks, and
one of them is the guilty party. I wonder if any of those maintenance trucks at 10th and College ever had those magnetic logos that come on and off in case someone drives them home?

edited because I want to mention burner phones. A while back, I brought them up and several people nay-sayed them, saying these kids don't bother with them. In fact, since then I've found out that they certainly DO have them, it is very common in fact for college aged dealers to have burner phones connected to other people who buy their drugs. For JR to have a burner phone connected to a friend he sells/buys drugs with would be
almost expected. Had to be some burner phone action that evening for any of the scenarios that would have happened outside of JR's apt if these people are involved and not random.

Back to burner phones. For someone who wasn't born into the tech age like me it wouldn't occur to buy one unless I was actually outright planning to do something crazy like having an affair and I knew my SO would check my phone or something. I just wouldn't really know what these phones are capable of as far as tracking, pinging, gps-ing, etc.
But these college kids WERE born into the tech age. They know everything they do can be tracked, forwarded, pinged, off of their phones. Anything they
do on them. So, what would be unnatural to me, would be second-nature to them. I am sure that within these sub-groups of people involved, someone had a burner phone. If you want coke from ZO, for example, let so-and-so call him on their burner phone. This may be far-fetched, but what if ZO had already been busted for dealing (yes) and he made it a prerequisite. These "kids" are smart enough to know that if a bubble-headed coed gets busted with coke, the police are gonna go immediately for their phone and
see who's on it, and the bubble head will immediately cave. They absolutely do use the burner phones, not all of them, but many.

Here's the strange part.

July 2012: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8126020&postcount=1070"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27[/ame]

& [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7056888&postcount=555"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22[/ame]

Thx Abbey and Tr. The muffler scenario put in perspective. Interesting. And the circus bit, not sure what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics