IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute... why is the story told the first time (in Abbey's link) as if you (TR) were retelling someone else's story, and then above in this thread as if you're telling you're own personally witnessed event? Which is it?

Wait a minute... why is the story told the first time (in Abbey's link) as if you (TR) were retelling someone else's story, and then above in this thread as if you're telling you're own personally witnessed event? Which is it?

I was being sarcastic. I had originally posted the sighting on another site and received flack about it from J.R. supporters.
The context in which you see the report here is genuine and is exactly how it happened.

I also am the one who reported sighting HT and AB together at the IN State Fair....true story as well.

AbbeyR...do you have a point to make?

I was being sarcastic. I had originally posted the sighting on another site and received flack about it from J.R. supporters...

Just out of curiosity, what site? TIA!

Another woman is missing in Bloomington Indiana right now. Her name is Sarah O****. Her car has been found covered in snow at her workplace in Bloomington. But, not her. Sarah is 5 feet 7 inches tall with brown hair. She has been missing for just a few days. So, time is critical.

Jacobite, Where does she work? I don't see much on web, marriage license. Is story on Bloom news?

Another woman is missing in Bloomington Indiana right now. Her name is Sarah Parton Olson. Her car has been found covered in snow at her workplace in Bloomington. But, not her. Sarah is 5 feet 7 inches tall with brown hair. She has been missing for just a few days. So, time is critical.

Anyone with information about Sarah, please call the Bloomington Police.

I have a mutual friend with Sarah and just found out within the last 30 minutes that Sarah is fine and she is at home now. I don't know what happened but in any case, nothing to worry about any longer.

I was being sarcastic. I had originally posted the sighting on another site and received flack about it from J.R. supporters.
The context in which you see the report here is genuine and is exactly how it happened.

I also am the one who reported sighting HT and AB together at the IN State Fair....true story as well.

Did you report any of these things to BPD or the PI's on the case? If so, what was the response like from them?

I have a mutual friend with Sarah and just found out within the last 30 minutes that Sarah is fine and she is at home now. I don't know what happened but in any case, nothing to worry about any longer.

I saw Jacobite's post earlier and am so glad to check back in and see this update. Thanks for letting us know she is safe at home!

Did you report any of these things to BPD or the PI's on the case? If so, what was the response like from them?

The JR sighting was reported and they listened.
I don't know how much attention they gave it.
An article of clothing was found also in the Brooklyn area. It was reported and police took it and I assume processed it...never heard anything.

I have never spoken to any PI's about either sighting.
I did let Charlene Spierer know about the article of clothing so that hopefully she could follow up.

Remember that the JR sighting was just days after Lauren's disappearance. I don't think that there was a whole lot of focus on JR until much later. The truck was not an exact match and they ended up identifying the driver of the truck in the video.
I wish I had taken a photo of the truck in Brooklyn but all I can tell you is that it was just the same as the one in the video minus any lettering on the doors.

As to the HT/AB sighting...that was probably ten weeks after LS's disappearance and I only talked about it here. The point of that story was to point out the contrast in HT's temperament at the time of the sighting vs what we all saw on news video. It was interesting to see her blow a gasket on AB because he shouted out her name...that's all.
Others found it interesting that they were even together however, as I understand it now, they've been friends all along.

Idk...Im a "boots on the ground" searcher. I don't have the resources to find out who has or had a white truck that JR could have accessed. But i check here from time to time for new search location ideas. So thanks to everyone who's posted ideas in the past and will in the future.

An article of clothing was found also in the Brooklyn area. It was reported and police took it and I assume processed it...never heard anything.

I did let Charlene Spierer know about the article of clothing so that hopefully she could follow up.

Remember that the JR sighting was just days after Lauren's disappearance. I don't think that there was a whole lot of focus on JR until much later. The truck was not an exact match and they ended up identifying the driver of the truck in the video.
I wish I had taken a photo of the truck in Brooklyn but all I can tell you is that it was just the same as the one in the video minus any lettering on the doors.

As to the HT/AB sighting...that was probably ten weeks after LS's disappearance and I only talked about it here. The point of that story was to point out the contrast in HT's temperament at the time of the sighting vs what we all saw on news video. It was interesting to see her blow a gasket on AB because he shouted out her name...that's all.
Others found it interesting that they were even together however, as I understand it now, they've been friends all along.

Idk...Im a "boots on the ground" searcher. I don't have the resources to find out who has or had a white truck that JR could have accessed. But i check here from time to time for new search location ideas. So thanks to everyone who's posted ideas in the past and will in the future.

Can you tell us what the found article of clothing was?
Can you tell us who found the article of clothing?

Thanks!

I know I've run the white truck discussion in the ground and I've said all this multiple times before but even though I know they publicly cleared the white truck, I can't. I can't because they did the same thing in Samantha Konings case when LE KNEW it was Issac Keyes truck. If there was ever NOT a good reason to mislead the public on something like that, it was then. Therefore, just because I don't grasp the reasoning behind that sort of mis-information, doesn't mean LE doesn't have one. Let me clarify, that doesn't mean I believe that the white truck was involved, it means I'm not as confident that LE always gives the public accurate information if they feel there is a good reason not to. So, it means I don't know and I wouldn't be surprised if it was or it wasn't involved.

Wait, what? What's all of this?

IMO, I don't think so.

It seemed to me that for the purpose of the civil suit, the Spierer's adhered to the collective narrative given by the 5N boys of how that night went down. I do not think the Spierer's actually believe that this story is entirely true (as most of us here do not). But rather, the Speirer's are alleging in the suit that Lauren suffered a wrongful death based on the story CR JR and MB are telling. IIRC from reading the original suit paperwork, the Spierer's never challenged the young mens' story of what happened that night, including the part where Lauren was allowed to walk into the night alone.

I think rather than challenge the boys timeline and call them liars, the suit is about alleging that Lauren should have been provided care.

JMO… :seeya:

The Trio has to be deposed for the civil suit, would like to read those depositions!

I don't think he's off the hook because of evidence that she made it to JR's. I think it's because there's not evidence that he provided her with alcohol, and as a wrongful death suit, the case is hinging on social host liability. As a result, neither the ethical issues or MB's evolving stories about what happened the night Lauren disappeared are really the question at this point.

Disappointed, but not surprised. I do think MB's case being dismissed on this basis suggests that the opposite may be true for JR and CR.

I can't see how CR MB and JR all being deposed would not yield the same kinds of discrepancies that exist in their public statements / communications. Those fissures may not technically hold MB responsible for "social host" liability but may reveal details worthy of further investigation and allegations.

Yes, JR and Lauren knew each other from several years at camp, didn't they?

For years now, I've been trying to walk in the shoes (mentally) of everyone involved in this case. For quite a while I keep thinking... if I were JR, and involved with body disposal would it matter: WHERE and HOW?
The reason... thought it might matter is this long term relationship that JR and LS had. If it were truly a situation where nothing malicious occurred, I believe he might want to have her put somewhere that would make himself feel better. What place would be fitting? Was that camp in Michigan?

I can't see how CR MB and JR all being deposed would not yield the same kinds of discrepancies that exist in their public statements / communications. Those fissures may not technically hold MB responsible for "social host" liability but may reveal details worthy of further investigation and allegations.

true and as you said it's likely the reason the spierers brought the case forward. i also do not believe they think it went down as described in the case, but rather they are hoping to get one or more of the pois to refute their claims. unfortunately the pois' lawyers seem to be on to that and, as far as i have read, have pointed their defense as showing holes in the spierer theory (i.e. - they can't prove anything they're claiming is true). if the lawyers are successful at holding things off by simply stating the spierers have no factual basis then they won't get the part where their clients have to give a deposition. in mb's case he's off the hook.

true and as you said it's likely the reason the spierers brought the case forward. i also do not believe they think it went down as described in the case, but rather they are hoping to get one or more of the pois to refute their claims. unfortunately the pois' lawyers seem to be on to that and, as far as i have read, have pointed their defense as showing holes in the spierer theory (i.e. - they can't prove anything they're claiming is true). if the lawyers are successful at holding things off by simply stating the spierers have no factual basis then they won't get the part where their clients have to give a deposition. in mb's case he's off the hook.

without MB deposition it leaves both sides hanging, but especially JR now he can't even prove MB brought Lauren over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie