IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, here is my latest attempt to map out the timeline and Lauren's routes.

This time, I paid close attention to the chain of events released by Bo Dietl and his group of private investigators.

This map is a work in progress and should not be treated as if it is the final version. Please help in completing the map if you can.

Thanks.

picture.php

If they took that alley North of 10th & College 2 times, (like your map shows), they would have been on 3 cameras twice.

25kn0a1.jpg

img00178201106141726.jpg

2n0rcp5.jpg

And maybe a 4th camera twice.
This is the cam on the South East side of 10th & College facing North
20qx6gz.jpg

View of what the camera would see.
2rc8ug3.jpg

Why would LE omit those hard facts/details?

I'm not sure they can get into 10th & College to knock on someones door. I'll have to check that out...

BTW, you missed 2 cameras on your map.
cyry.jpg

Hi everyone, I come back to this site to check for updates every so often and this is the first I've heard of the ZC stop on the way to the 5N apartments. Can anyone link the story where she is interviewed? Thanks in advance!

This seems like an incredibly important part of the story. Why would they try to go to ZC's place at that point (after the fight etc.) when 5N was so close unless it was indeed that dire and LS was in that bad a condition? You would surely call or text someone if you just wanted to come over.

Hi everyone, I come back to this site to check for updates every so often and this is the first I've heard of the ZC stop on the way to the 5N apartments. Can anyone link the story where she is interviewed? Thanks in advance!

This seems like an incredibly important part of the story. Why would they try to go to ZC's place at that point (after the fight etc.) when 5N was so close unless it was indeed that dire and LS was in that bad a condition? You would surely call or text someone if you just wanted to come over.

Of course if it's that she was in dire need of help and he was trying to find it then why did he stop trying to find help? And if he was willingly trying to involve others at that point, then if we're going to assume he was later a part of covering up her demise and making her disappear, how do you go from trying to find help to not seeking help?

And why not take up the bar manage/witness' who allegedly asked if help was needed (or similar comment)?

Of course if it's that she was in dire need of help and he was trying to find it then why did he stop trying to find help? And if he was willingly trying to involve others at that point, then if we're going to assume he was later a part of covering up her demise and making her disappear, how do you go from trying to find help to not seeking help?

And why not take up the bar manage/witness' who allegedly asked if help was needed (or similar comment)?

IDK of course, but I was not suggesting that he might be looking to get LS help in a positive way, but rather that he didn't know what to do and was looking for someone that would help him with deal with the problem. So in the same way that he might have later involved the 5N guys, he first tried ZC. I dunno, but it seems really odd that they would otherwise decide to go over to ZC's place on the way home. It was late, they didn't call ahead as far as we know (you would think ZC would have said that instead of knocking on the door), CR is only a block or so from home, and he had just been in a serious altercation.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130606...-men-scapegoated-friend-says?pagerestricted=1

It was discussed here starting at Bx2's post (788): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9525594&highlight=zoe#post9525594

Since you and I and a few others have been on the same page for a while, was hoping you would comment on my post #167 on this thread (my comments above). If ZC's and/or the Bar Manager's statements are true, then I'm really having trouble reconciling the BPD timeline with the distances involved as posted by Chuz. And notably the BPD timeline does not include ZC or (not surprisingly) the Bar Manager sighting. We certainly went around and around on that before... but when we did there was no reference as to how long it was actually taking to go from SW to 10th & College (ZC's), fall on the steps and be seen by the Bar Manger. The timeline seems to cut both events out entirely. Are both ZC and the Bar Manager lying? ... <Snipped for space>

To be honest, I'm finding the maps and discussion of the timeline a bit confusing as I didn't find the timeline from the PIs problematic (and I am not great with maps, argh!) -- your post made this a bit more clear, and asks some good questions -- thanks. I need to think about it...

(images snipped)

Why would LE omit those hard facts/details?

I'm not sure they can get into 10th & College to knock on someones door. I'll have to check that out...

BTW, you missed 2 cameras on your map.

Btown... couple of things to consider.

Some of your images show that the lights might have been out in that short alley (North of college apartments).

Also, Bo Dietl's group says that they were seen on video trying to get Zoe Camp to let them in.

Please do this.

Take a pen and paper and write out numbered lines 1 - 10 and watch this video.

Pause it if you need to and write out the chain of events and details as they go through them.

LINK: http://www.lohud.com/flash/spierer/

That's exactly what I did to create that relevant portion of my map.

P.S. Thanks for the info on the additional cameras.

Unless the Smallwood cameras were time synced with all the subsequent ones, the 6 minutes total for their trip is only a best guess. Smallwood time could have differed from the 10th and College ones by several minutes. Even a few minutes difference could account for CR and Lauren to knock on the door and come down the stairs.

Unless the Smallwood cameras were time synced with all the subsequent ones, the 6 minutes total for their trip is only a best guess. Smallwood time could have differed from the 10th and College ones by several minutes. Even a few minutes difference could account for CR and Lauren to knock on the door and come down the stairs.

I agree and I'm trusting that the authorities were smart enough to have checked that out (and to make any necessary adjustments) before releasing their timeline.

To be honest, I'm finding the maps and discussion of the timeline a bit confusing as I didn't find the timeline from the PIs problematic (and I am not great with maps, argh!) -- your post made this a bit more clear, and asks some good questions -- thanks. I need to think about it...

The map indicates everything mentioned in the Private Investigator's timeline along with the timeline released by the authorities.

I agree and I'm trusting that the authorities were smart enough to have checked that out (and to make any necessary adjustments) before releasing their timeline.[/]

Disagree or at least seriously doubt it. They are posting the straight times each camera recorded. If they made adjustments they a) would have shared that in the pressers or b) would keep it close to the vest for investigative purposes.

The map indicates everything mentioned in the Private Investigator's timeline along with the timeline released by the authorities.

Chuz, I don't see a new map in your last post -- am I missing it?

I agree and I'm trusting that the authorities were smart enough to have checked that out (and to make any necessary adjustments) before releasing their timeline.

You mean like thinking a white truck circled the area due to time code stamps? ;)

Chuz, I don't see a new map in your last post -- am I missing it?

No Abbey.

I'm talking about the map in post [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9920034&postcount=261"]#261[/ame].

That map shows point by point (Starting at #1) the Police timeline and the timeline which was created from Bo Dietl's video.

You mean like thinking a white truck circled the area due to time code stamps? ;)

Point taken.... but let's give them credit - they did eventually correct themselves.

Point taken.... but let's give them credit - they did eventually correct themselves.

They had to correct themselves. The white truck was one of the precious few possible pieces of evidence they made public and about which they sought knowledge from the public. There is no reason (nor motivation, apparently) for them to publicly correct information we're not privy to.

They had to correct themselves. The white truck was one of the precious few possible pieces of evidence they made public and about which they sought knowledge from the public. There is no reason (nor motivation, apparently) for them to publicly correct information we're not privy to.

But, just like it was with the truck... they have made us privy to the timeline and the recorded times.

So, why would they correct themselves on the truck information and not on the timeline itself?

I share much of your skepticism by the way... it just seems (to me) that the authorities (which includes the FBI) would not let errors in the publicly released timeline go uncorrected for very long.

Especially if something like that could be used later against the prosecution's case in court.

On the maps by Btown and Chuz it shows the path taken by CR/LS as leaving SM and traveling up 9th to the ally and down the ally to 10th. It shows leaving SM at 2:42 and arriving at the ally at 2:48. Couldn’t they have walked up College to 10th and College, knocked on ZC’s door, sat down a few minutes and then continued down 10th to the ally? All of this in 6 minutes.

Right, based on BPD timeline and approx speed Chuz came up with based on the public distances involved, even if CR picked Lauren up (at SW and tried to run to 10th & College, they would scarcely have more than 3 minutes.

So I'm trying to understand: Are ZC and the Bar Manager liars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antony