IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not putting facts into the case. LE made a statement in June that there was no known link between DM and the Spierer case. The former FBI agent/ ABC guy said the same thing.

Obviously there hasn't been a break there, since there has been no more news. That doesn't prohibit there being something in the future, but he has not been named a person of interest in this case.

"No known link" is not the same as no possible link.

"No known link" is not the same as no possible link.

Agreed! That's why I said there is a possibility something could come out of this in the future. But as of now, there is nothing. LE doesn't need to clear anyone who has not been named a person of interest. All they have said is that there is so far NO connection to Lauren's case. It doesn't make sense to update that unless something changes.

The ABC (I believe he was working for ABC network. Certainly for a potential TV news show/series) investigator said something to the effect he doubted DM's involvement, but he would've had absolutely nothing on DM at that point because DM would've never been on his radar. He had been developing other leads and had his piece ready for air, or just aired, ...

I don't recall this show airing... Did I miss it, or is it still in production?

I'm thinking DM took LS. He's in his forties right? Hannah was most likely NOT his first victim. Wish we had some history on him. Do we? I suppose it's in Hannah's thread. I'll read up on it.

I don't recall this show airing... Did I miss it, or is it still in production?

I think it is/was supposed to be investigative segments that would air on news (not a standalone show AFAIK). Maybe syndicated to local stations? Maybe just updates when he had updates?

He certainly practiced, by that I mean he told people about picking up a drunk girl after a big game and driving her home. I think he was probably pretending to be a taxi then. Seeing how it would work, etc.

NOT DEFENDING HIM but it seems like he did what he did to Hannah in a drunken rage, or for whatever reason he did not clean up his car. This does not sound like someone plotting a murder.

The idea that the stepdad knows alot more than he
has said to the press makes sense to me. I mean, he
told LE his son talked about Hannah.

Also, JW lived right around the corner from Yogis.
It is very possible that DM saw Lauren there.

Even if DM did it, the 5N POIs should have seen her home. And really, that's what the Spierers are saying with their civil suit, at the end of the day. IMO.

Even if that's what ends up being their legacy, it fits.
Something they will never forget, because someone died.

He certainly practiced, by that I mean he told people about picking up a drunk girl after a big game and driving her home. I think he was probably pretending to be a taxi then. Seeing how it would work, etc.

NOT DEFENDING HIM but it seems like he did what he did to Hannah in a drunken rage, or for whatever reason he did not clean up his car. This does not sound like someone plotting a murder.

The idea that the stepdad knows alot more than he
has said to the press makes sense to me. I mean, he
told LE his son talked about Hannah.

Also, JW lived right around the corner from Yogis.
It is very possible that DM saw Lauren there.

Even if DM did it, the 5N POIs should have seen her home. And really, that's what the Spierers are saying with their civil suit, at the end of the day. IMO.

Even if that's what ends up being their legacy, it fits.
Something they will never forget, because someone died.

DM was not the Uber driver who took Hannah home. The real Uber driver said he took her home and saw her go in the door. Don't know why she went out again.

Regarding Hannah Wilson, I think its been speculated one possibility is she did not go out again but that her attacker was waiting for at home (outside her home) already. This isn't the exact article I read at the time but it mentions the timeline being unclear and not knowing "where or when" Hannah encountered her attacker. It also mentions DMs profile on Sugar Daddy which exposes his interest in meeting IU coeds.

I couldn't find a further update on Hannah Wilson's timeline but if it were ever confirmed DM was stalking her/waiting around the block for her retun it would be a creepy parallel to LS' case (inebriated, spent time at Kilroys, heading home alone after being out with a large group of friends).

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-in...nah-wilson-likely-made-it-home-before-murder/

With the hundreds of hours of video surveillance collected in this case, you'd think they would be able to identify DM if he was lurking/ driving around that night.

I am interested to hear more about HW's case and whether he targeted her specifically (it sounds like he did).

I still can't believe that a supposed friend let her leave the apartment not just intoxicated, but injured and wearing no shoes. Can you imagine letting a friend walk off alone barefooted in the dark? Barefooted? After a supposed sobriety test to demonstrate she could walk? It just seems completely bizarre to me that things really happened that way.

Nope, I can't imagine it. I also can't imagine that Lauren was in any condition to be able to walk anywhere.

The Spierers have also expressed their doubts that the story ever happened that way:

Fox News interviewed the Spierers last month in an exclusive on-camera interview during which they expressed doubts the men were telling the truth about their daughter's last hours.Robert Spierer said he is not convinced Lauren ever left the men's apartment building, which was her last known stop that night.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/2...-lauren-spierer-sue-3-men-last-seen-with-her/

Had she headed south on College and made it just half a block, there is a camera in the alley that would have caught her.
However, if she crossed College before that point going towards Walnut Street. She might have run into someone such as DM undetected.

Inmate Claims Messel Trolled IU Campus Looking For Women
Updated November 6, 2015 7:31 AM | Filed under: Crime
Print Archive RSS
(NASHVILLE) - An inmate who knows Daniel Messel claims Messel trolled the Indiana University campus looking for intoxicated women to sexually assault. He also claims he knows facts about another woman who was killed.

<modsnip>

Hayden claims that Messel disposed of a decomposing woman's body on a Memorial Day camping trip to Brown County in 2012 to "protect a friend who accidentally struck her with a vehicle."
He said there were two discolored pieces of identification with the body, one with the name "Rebecca" on it and the other an IU campus debit card. Spierer's older sister's name is Rebecca.

<modsnip>

Hayden says he helped Messel recover the woman's remains along Ind. 46 between Bloomington and Ellettsville and gave a detailed description of the area where the body was hidden. He also claims he took pictures of body, clothing and the woman's identification and has those photos stored in a safe place.
Bloomington Police Department Capt. Joe Qualters says they can not discuss details in either investigation.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...essel-trolled-iu-campus-looking-for-women.php

(NASHVILLE) - Brown Circuit Judge Judith Stewart ruled that Daniel Messel, who is accused of killing Indiana University student 22-year-old Hannah Wilson, can seek more public funds for experts and investigators during hearings that will be closed to the prosecution and the public.
Defense attorney Dorie Maryan argued Thursday that 49-year-old Daniel Messel's right to a fair trial and to remain silent would be compromised if he is forced to publicly reveal details justifying his need to hire experts and what those experts find.
But Brown County Prosecutor Ted Adams says that information is relevant and should be part of discovery - the legal exchange of evidence expected to be presented at trial which includes the identity and qualifications of all experts.

<modsnip>

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...hile-public-funds-and-expert-witnesses-di.php

Defense attorney Dorie Maryan has asked that the trial be moved from Brown County because of allegations that Messel might be involved in the June 2011 disappearance of IU student Lauren Spierer.
Hayden claims that Messel disposed of a decomposing woman's body on a Memorial Day camping trip to Brown County in 2012 to "protect a friend who accidentally struck her with a vehicle."

<modsnip>

Hayden says he helped Messel recover the woman's remains along Ind. 46 between Bloomington and Ellettsville and gave a detailed description of the area where the body was hidden. He also claims he took pictures of body, clothing and the woman's identification and has those photos stored in a safe place.
Bloomington Police Department Capt. Joe Qualters says they can not discuss details in either investigation.

This pretty clearly sounds like a promising lead, though credibility is quite sketchy. The specificity into the pieces of identification should hopefully trigger LE a bit, since they should have a good idea of what has actually been accounted for and what may be missing. There have long been rumors about a fake id recovery that to my knowledge have never been confirmed.

Either way, it's hard to see any downside to hearing out Hayden's details into both locations.

I guess that would make sense, Brown County's pretty sparsely populated except around Nashville. Most of the other towns there are nothing but wide places in the road. Brown County's hilly and heavily wooded. I was thinking before this that some of the most likely places would be one of the dozens of abandoned limestone quarries around.

I hope Lauren's parents didn't learn of this information from reading it in the news, but something tells me that's exactly what happened.

Will keep :crossfingers: that this pans out. I'm barely at the point of "cautiously optimistic". If true, it's a major lead for some family, if not Lauren's.

If Messell is the bad guy in the Spierer case, I'd suspect somewhere near Yellow Wood State Forest.

I checked Indiana Offender database and Hayden seems to be connected to Hendricks and Fountain Counties. He has spent much time in state prisons.
Where would he have met Messell? I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay