IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry, I shouldn't have been such a grump!)

I think LS wanted to be in her apartment with CR...and that when things were so weird in her building, she wanted to get out of there more than she wanted to deal with the whole thing going on in the hallway outside of her apartment. She also may have realized that word might get back to JW sooner rather than later and just didn't want to deal with the drama of him showing up in the midst of everything. I know that if I were cheating on my boyfriend (or even if we were on a "break") and I arrived home with another guy only to find a bunch of friends or acquaintances of my boyfriend standing in the hallway near my apartment, I'd have hightailed it out of there super-STAT to avoid an ugly scene involving my boyfriend. Going into my apartment would have been the last thing I'd have done because I would have had visions of being trapped in there with an angry boyfriend on the other side of the door. And if there was a fight before my boyfriend even got there, I would be even more eager to leave.

Your post makes me think I've missed or forgotten part of the story, though. Who is Zoe? Was that someone who lived in LS' building?

I couldn't agree with this logic more - its exactly how I'd feel too and have witnessed other friends react similarly.

I'm watching my dvr'd copy of 20/20 right now. Holy moly, there is a wealth of information that I've never heard before and I'm only half-way through it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

So who do they think is the guilty party? Lots of leads so far, but....do they narrow it down?

They don't say. Somebody that Corey allegedly knows.

So in the very last minute of the show they seemed to kind of hint at a possible lead. They point to the two white apt. buildings in the block where she was last seen on camera. And say that they were 'party' houses and they think she may have gone into one of those apartments that night and partied too hard, and they had to hide her body? I think it is quite possible. IDK

I think I read a rumor about the Ohio River before, can't recall where. But I discounted it because of the distance from Bloomington. I think it was also considered when Clyde Gibson was under investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did 10th and College Apts have video surveillance at the time? The possibility that she entered that building on her way home was discussed on PT or one of the blogs. As I recall, ZO and some of his friends allegedly lived there.

So was the former FBI's agent implication he believes the stories from 5N and she did indeed leave there on her own, but stopped at these 'party' apartments where she ultimately met her demise, or that she didn't end up at 5N in the first place?

And once again the question is raised, why doesn't Bloomington LE do an information dump (release videos, update timeline, stamp out some rumors, etc) and see if it breaks anything loose? Not only don't they do that, they avoid even talking to a legitimate, highly credentialed news service/reporter...

Meanwhile, I think the show wasted some broadcast time showing the polygraph, Indy, and biker connections. Especially with the dramatic buildup they gave them and then left them as most likely meaningless. They could've just skimmed over them. And on that note, when they had the biker guy he didn't say he wouldn't talk, but he said "no cameras". Why didn't 20-20 shut off the cameras? They ultimately lost some interview time with him by continuing to roll the cameras. They could've turned them off, got in some questions, and ultimately tried to get him to give them permission to film from a less confrontational POV.

They don't say. Somebody that Corey allegedly knows.

If Corey H really knows something, he probably would like to leverage that into a reduced sentence, if that is legally possible. He's a sad example of the way that drugs and guns don't mix. He was a popular kid, football player etc. in high school, went off to college, used the wrong stuff, took off his clothes except for hat and boots, went outside with a pistol and started shooting , yelling, and attracting attention. BPD shot him, he went to trial, and now he's serving a 28 year sentence.

I think I read a rumor about the Ohio River before, can't recall where. But I discounted it because of the distance from Bloomington. I think it was also considered when Clyde Gibson was under investigation.

This story was floating around in June 2011. The rumor goes that her boyfriend supplied the coke that she OD'd from, so he and his frat brothers of buddies drove her 90 miles to the Ohio river and threw her off a bridge.
That's the rest of that story and not saying it's true. But, I don't know.

I know there are some real bad and mean guys associated with selling drugs. But i really doubt that Lauren would know the bad guy. If she had drugs? The most likely source would be the boyfriend. And, he would get it from another upper middle class college kid. I'd say they would be at least a couple links in the chain removed from the bad guy.
And, how do I know the coke found in her bedroom was really hers? After all, her women friends all said she wasn't into coke.
And, didn't someone get into her bedroom before the police and possibly disturb the scene? Maybe the coke OD story was fabricated to cover up a much more serious crime? Maybe someone waited for her to leave for home? Someone who was very angry.

Is there a link to full hour ABC 20 20 episode? I clicked on story..read. ..watched all.8 min utube clips. Just wondering if any of you WSers know of a link to hour episode? Thank you.

Did 10th and College Apts have video surveillance at the time? The possibility that she entered that building on her way home was discussed on PT or one of the blogs. As I recall, ZO and some of his friends allegedly lived there.

Yes, 10th and College Apts had functioning video surveillance cameras at all entrances at the time LS disappeared, (including the garage). The video monitor was in view inside the office. My old pics and maps show the cameras all around the building, including the alley camera that she was seen on.

Is there a link to full hour ABC 20 20 episode? I clicked on story..read. ..watched all.8 min utube clips. Just wondering if any of you WSers know of a link to hour episode? Thank you.

I clicked on the embedded video at this link:

If you allow the video window to remain open, the rest of the segments should follow on auto-play (at least it did for me). I was able to view the entire 20/20 episode this way last night. I hope this helps (HTH)...

#JusticeForLauren...

:candle:

I know there are some real bad and mean guys associated with selling drugs. But i really doubt that Lauren would know the bad guy. If she had drugs? The most likely source would be the boyfriend. And, he would get it from another upper middle class college kid. I'd say they would be at least a couple links in the chain removed from the bad guy.
And, how do I know the coke found in her bedroom was really hers? After all, her women friends all said she wasn't into coke.
And, didn't someone get into her bedroom before the police and possibly disturb the scene? Maybe the coke OD story was fabricated to cover up a much more serious crime? Maybe someone waited for her to leave for home? Someone who was very angry.

Coke is very addicting. Many (not all) coke users cannot have coke available to them and not use it all up, which makes me wonder if the coke was placed there by a non-user, e.g. LS as a non-user keeping it for a friend or selling it, if LS was a user, someone (non-user) planted it there. Of course it could also be that LS was a user who could restrain her desire for the drug.

Ok so hang with me on this one guys and gals. I ride dual sport motorcycles (street legal dirt bikes) frequently in these previously mentioned areas of Indiana (Morgan Monroe Forest, Yellowood, all of Brown County really). I live in Southern Indiana just outside of Louisville, Ky but ride up north frequently. To say we venture out on the nastiest, loneliest of roads that area has to offer is an understatement. So about a couple months ago, we were traveling down the old Browning Bridge rd just outside of Maumee. The roads starts as gravel and quickly turns into a muddy track through the woods and dead ends at a runoff of the reservoir. We reached a certain location in the trek and for no reason, the image and name of LS popped in my head. It was odd and very out of place but felt intentional. I hadnt thought about LS since the story broke many years ago but I shrugged it off. So fast forward to last Saturday. We're riding the same road, get to the same spot, and bam! there she is in my head again. I get home and start researching the case which is how I found this forum. I decide to conduct a test, asking for some devine intervention to help us out. I open Google maps and zoom in to an area including all of Bloomington, up to Martinsville, and all of the possible dump locations in one shot. I closed my eyes, wished upon a star, and blindly picked a spot on the map to place a marker. Here's where it gets weird.....I zoom into the marker location and guess what!? It's on Browning Bridge rd EXACTLY in the spot where i get her name popping in my head! This now has to be more than a coincidence right? I have no connection to LS or anyone involved but have spent a fair amount of time on paranormal research and "ghost hunting" so maybe theres some connection there. I kind of want to investigate the area on foot but am a little nervous. Thoughts!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

hi, welcome to WS. Can you post that map and does the bridge cross any tributaries of the Ohio?

Yes, 10th and College Apts had functioning video surveillance cameras at all entrances at the time LS disappeared, (including the garage). The video monitor was in view inside the office. My old pics and maps show the cameras all around the building, including the alley camera that she was seen on.

Hi Btown! remember a long time ago we decided that one of the cameras attached to 10th and C in that alley bordering the gravel was not pointing east.

Ma Houston posted several pics of the rail Lauren's keys were found on. Behind that rail is an entrance. I remember checking it, and seeing that the cameras didn't really cover the door, iirc it pointed elsewhere.

Lauren could have emerged from the alley with CR and they could have somehow
turned left and entered 10th and V through that door that has that railing.it would be 10th and V not C for it to be this door, so maybe the camera wasn't pointing west; BTown, do you remember this camera glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay