IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Vidocq! What made you change your mind?

Mostly, I suppose, I just came around to thinking that it's simpler if Lauren was taken out of the area from 5N, rather than her walking back down to T&C, where there are cameras. But I could be wrong. The bar-manager witness certainly seemed sincere and perceptive. In any case, I'm looking at different leads now.

also maybe someone can help me remember this case:

A woman iirc had the typical disagreement with her boyfriend, started walking home, he followed her
because he was worried, kept trying to get her in the car, iirc, but she wouldn't (hey I've done this lol). Finally they get right across from her yard, she tells him to eff off and he goes. She finds out she's locked out, goes to the side of her house and tries to break in a window and gets raped and murdered.

Can't remember how they finally found out boyfriend was not the killer. it was on WS. Terrible when the mind goes...can't remember.

But, boyfriend fights with her. Boyfriend follows her.
someone else was right there, right there.

vaguely like Lauren's case, vaguely like Hannahs, these cases follow a pattern but the common denominator is lost confused lamb gets separated from flock and stalking jackal pounces.

Are you talking about the case of a girl that didnt get much attention in the news?
I'm wanting to say that some family members spoke up at the time Lauren dissapeared and made a big fuss about how their daughters murder wasnt getting as much coverage as Laurens.
I remember the case and I may even have lived in btown at the time.
I'll see if I can dig something up. On my phone atm and its acting all goofy.

also maybe someone can help me remember this case:

A woman iirc had the typical disagreement with her boyfriend, started walking home, he followed her
because he was worried, kept trying to get her in the car, iirc, but she wouldn't (hey I've done this lol). Finally they get right across from her yard, she tells him to eff off and he goes. She finds out she's locked out, goes to the side of her house and tries to break in a window and gets raped and murdered.

Can't remember how they finally found out boyfriend was not the killer. it was on WS. Terrible when the mind goes...can't remember.

But, boyfriend fights with her. Boyfriend follows her.
someone else was right there, right there.

vaguely like Lauren's case, vaguely like Hannahs, these cases follow a pattern but the common denominator is lost confused lamb gets separated from flock and stalking jackal pounces.

I believe this is what your looking for?
Crystal Grubb.
http://fox59.com/2014/09/20/bloomin...inue-to-come-in-after-daughters-2010-killing/

I wonder if JMW.drove the white truck we all thoroughly looked at way back in the case.I still to this day say I saw a image of a person in the back of that truck.Maybe it was cleared but did they really investigate this truck for evidence.

I think the drug rumors threw this case way off. I don't believe she would have been caught on any cameras for at least two blocks on her way home.
I suspect she met the same creep who Hannah Wilson met. Lauren like Hannah may have been acquainted with him. Even though law enforcement told us Bloomington was safe and we were led to blame her friends, I feel there was a dangerous serial sexual predator in the area. Many think the Lauren was somehow to blame for her own demise. But, she was not to blame at all. This could have happened to any college girl who was in that area at that time, drunk or sober.

If LE suspected there was likely a serial rapist/killer involved they apparently wanted to downplay that angle and were more than happy to allow 5N people to flop in the wind even as it caused the family to suspect and go after them as well as the media following the bread crumbs laid out.
Of course that could still be what actually happened, but DM has certainly changed the dynamic surrounding the case. It turns out there was someone fitting that profile operating in Bloomington at that time.
Of course one has to ask why the police would downplay that angle and among those reasons would be because evidence pointed elsewhere (of course, what evidence?) or IU/Bloomington didn't want to take the PR hit from admitting there was actually a serial rapist/killer in Bloomington (and losing tourists, downtown nightlife business, and of course enrollment numbers at IU).
And what better way to accomplish that than to go tight-lipped on the case, go into a media blackout, and allow the parents to point the finger at 5N with the media taking the cue and doing the same while totally ignoring any other possibilities. The media, and for a large part the public, quit looking any other directions. And now the case is freezing cold.

Wonder if there could be any connection between DM and Crystal Grubb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if there could be any connection between DM and Crystal Grubb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there ever any resolution to the girl in Bloomfield that went missing?
Of course some people still think the wrong person was arrested and sentenced in the Jill Behrmen case.

One of the problems is going to be DM's already in prison. And there's someone in prison for Jill Behrmen too. In the case of JB it's hard to imagine them wanting to admit they were wrong after all these years, if in fact they were, or even considering it (publicly). And in any of these other cases, without a body, and with DM already in prison, there might not be much impetus to really (officially) close these other cases unless he just admits to them. Even if they are basically certain he is involved. And right now there's no obvious leverage to get him to do that.
It would be unfortunate that any persons of interest can't be officially cleared though if that is the case.

Was there ever any resolution to the girl in Bloomfield that went missing?
Of course some people still think the wrong person was arrested and sentenced in the Jill Behrmen case.

One of the problems is going to be DM's already in prison. And there's someone in prison for Jill Behrmen too. In the case of JB it's hard to imagine them wanting to admit they were wrong after all these years, if in fact they were, or even considering it (publicly). And in any of these other cases, without a body, and with DM already in prison, there might not be much impetus to really (officially) close these other cases unless he just admits to them. Even if they are basically certain he is involved. And right now there's no obvious leverage to get him to do that.
It would be unfortunate that any persons of interest can't be officially cleared though if that is the case.

The disappearance of Marina Boelter is still a mystery. I don't think there was ever an arrest made in the death of Crystal Grubb, either.

with Crystal Grubb, she walked into the woods or field with two guys to smoke "something" and only two guys came back. there were witnesses to that along those lines. In Bloomington, it's common knowledge that half the town of Ellettsville thinks they know who killed her.

With Jill, IMO it's a case where they have ONE of the killers. They had a jailhouse confession and even evidence from that confession, a knife, found in Salt Creek when drained but no body. When she was found, her skull showed evidence of a single gunshot as COD.

If Jill's body was moved from Salt Creek, and COD tampered with (skull shot?); THEN we have a modus operendi similiar to the jailhouse confession of DH saying he helped someone move Lauren's body.aaiie!

Anyway, Last week during Little 500, (Hannah Wilson was killed then) there were two abduction attempts but one of them reminded me of Lauren--a guy jumped out of a vehicle tried to overpower her and drag her to the car but she fought him so hard he knocked her tooth out. She thinks two other men were in the vehicle.
This leads me to wonder...did they get DNA from this heroic fight? They are being very secretive.
One thing is certain, that woman saved her own life. She would have been murdered, IMO.

These "campus killers" don't think like normal people. When most normal people see an alone stranded, lost, crying, etc person, most of us either want to help, or not get involved. These psychos immediately want to hurt this person, and are probably on the look out for just such a person. On top pf that, they already know from experience that the lost lamb's friends will be blamed before anyone else. If DM hadn't left his phone by Hannah, those guys she went out with would have been the 5N guys. It is my definite opinion that these
lowlife people are canny in this way.

it was six years ago tonight, the 3rd of June 2011. Lauren Spierer went out with friends and was never seen again. The case has never been solved and we must wonder which of the theories presented here is the right one, if any?
Unfortunately we now know that the creep who killed Hannah Wilson is not the only creep in Bloomington.

it was six years ago tonight, the 3rd of June 2011. Lauren Spierer went out with friends and was never seen again. The case has never been solved and we must wonder which of the theories presented here is the right one, if any?
Unfortunately we now know that the creep who killed Hannah Wilson is not the only creep in Bloomington.

How far is this from Abby and Libby in Delphi? (Pizza fingers here)

[h=1]Six years later: Family of missing IU student Lauren Spierer still searching for answers[/h]
Bloomington Police say even six years later they are still receiving tips about Spierer's disappearance, although none of those tips have led them to find her.
Former FBI agent Brad Garrett has spent years looking into the case and says that Spierer's parents understand the reality of the situation after this long - but they want closure.

"I've had long conversations with Rob and Charlene Spierer about this," said Garret. "They know the reality that their daughter quite probably is not alive, but they just want to know. Any parent would want to know, even if its the worst piece of information."

Six years later, Spierer's family still updates their Facebook page regularly, even when there isn't any new information to share.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...nt-lauren-spierer-still-searching-for-answers

Think of all you've done, all you've experienced in six years. Then think of the life Lauren would have embraced with all of her spirit and enthusiasm during that time. Gone too soon? You're da*n right.

Justice for Lauren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member