IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be traveling from SC to northern indiana for the usual thxgiving break with the family. I was hoping for a short stop in btown to explore some in my off road truck, but it looks like i'll be making the trip in a newly purchased vehicle. I'll still get out to explore some backroads but not like I would be able to in the truck. Ofcourse......that strictly depends on the weather.

Part of me wants to believe DM, RR, J?and his cohorts are responsible but I am still, in the back of my head thinking CR and the rest of the original bunch back at the apt and a possible medical mishap with her heart. That weekend alot of people left for break and alot of people could have toted her out of that apt in a suitcase and no one would have batted an eye.

No one would ever be able to find that suitcase buried on one of them kids parents estates in ny, nj, or nh.
Just my opinion.

I agree Matic that IF the "friends" are responsible, we may never know what happened to her, because there are too many directions to follow. But IF they were not responsible, then hopefully LS is still somewhere in Indiana waiting to be found, and in that case,
no search is in vain....

While statistically a random abduction is down the list of possibilities typically, DM certainly ups the ante here in this case somewhat.

Either he needs an airtight alibi or else there will need to be direct evidence tying someone else to the crime if it should ever go to trial. Circumstantial evidence will never be enough alone IMO now that DM is shown to be involved in 2 cases of this type (one he's already convicted of and another that doesn't look good for him). He now is 'reasonable doubt' for a case against any existing or future PsOI. I can't imagine a defense attorney not using him as a reason to look away from their client.

While statistically a random abduction is down the list of possibilities typically, DM certainly ups the ante here in this case somewhat.

Either he needs an airtight alibi or else there will need to be direct evidence tying someone else to the crime if it should ever go to trial. Circumstantial evidence will never be enough alone IMO now that DM is shown to be involved in 2 cases of this type (one he's already convicted of and another that doesn't look good for him). He now is 'reasonable doubt' for a case against any existing or future PsOI. I can't imagine a defense attorney not using him as a reason to look away from their client.

Unless a prosecutor had circumstantial evidence to tie a PsOI to DM....

Very true AKH!

DM the devil himself just needs to FESS UP and be a man for a change. He was and is a coward hiding in the dark of night.

What if DM is protecting someone else...someone he actually cares about....??

Interesting....who do you think DM cares about? His stepfather seems to me to be the only consistent person in his life, and that guy never struck me as particularly shady.

I don't think there is any way DM was flying solo the night he killed HW, with all of the "unknown male" DNA in his car and at the site where her body was left. And though I don't think it was discussed in any detail here, it has always nagged at me that he never made a single statement throughout his trial until he expressed at the very end that he didn't kill her. It didn't seem like he said that to avoid conviction or minimize his sentence since it was pretty much irrelevant by the time he said it....and, although I don't believe for a second that he didn't kill her, it seemed to me like he did actually believe that when he said it (maybe his internal narrative was like, "I know I was there, and I messed her up a little bit, but ____ delivered that last blow so it's not like I killed her.")

But anyway, the entire time I kept thinking there HAD to be someone else and the other shoe was about to drop, or DM was about to throw the other guy under the bus...but it never happened. And with the sentence he's facing I can't imagine any other reason a guy like that would have to protect someone unless, like you said, IMH, it is someone he actually cares about.

Hmmm......

Interesting....who do you think DM cares about? His stepfather seems to me to be the only consistent person in his life, and that guy never struck me as particularly shady.

I don't think there is any way DM was flying solo the night he killed HW, with all of the "unknown male" DNA in his car and at the site where her body was left. And though I don't think it was discussed in any detail here, it has always nagged at me that he never made a single statement throughout his trial until he expressed at the very end that he didn't kill her. It didn't seem like he said that to avoid conviction or minimize his sentence since it was pretty much irrelevant by the time he said it....and, although I don't believe for a second that he didn't kill her, it seemed to me like he did actually believe that when he said it (maybe his internal narrative was like, "I know I was there, and I messed her up a little bit, but ____ delivered that last blow so it's not like I killed her.")

But anyway, the entire time I kept thinking there HAD to be someone else and the other shoe was about to drop, or DM was about to throw the other guy under the bus...but it never happened. And with the sentence he's facing I can't imagine any other reason a guy like that would have to protect someone unless, like you said, IMH, it is someone he actually cares about.

Hmmm......

I agree Yeahbabs, and while I don't necessarily think stepfather is explicitly involved or shady, the possibility exists that he may possess more information than even he realizes. So who else could DM be protecting? I haven't researched his family tree in a while, but if I have enough time I might. I also found it interesting that the latest victim to come forward mentions being left in a gravel parking lot near Griffy Lake (off Headley Road) which could have been the exact route he took when traveling to the location where HW was found. I also remember volunteers and LS's parents extensively searching and calling out for LS at the Griffy Lake area (totally heartbreaking if she is there). IU maintains several research/hiking trails around the lake, and I used to live in this area and am very familiar with the hiking trails and those gravel parking lots. Together with DH's letters/accusations about moving LS to a location near a Bloomington "lake", this new information makes me very interested in scouting these areas again.

I agree Yeahbabs, and while I don't necessarily think stepfather is explicitly involved or shady, the possibility exists that he may possess more information than even he realizes. So who else could DM be protecting? I haven't researched his family tree in a while, but if I have enough time I might. I also found it interesting that the latest victim to come forward mentions being left in a gravel parking lot near Griffy Lake (off Headley Road) which could have been the exact route he took when traveling to the location where HW was found. I also remember volunteers and LS's parents extensively searching and calling out for LS at the Griffy Lake area (totally heartbreaking if she is there). IU maintains several research/hiking trails around the lake, and I used to live in this area and am very familiar with the hiking trails and those gravel parking lots. Together with DH's letters/accusations about moving LS to a location near a Bloomington "lake", this new information makes me very interested in scouting these areas again.

Griffy was totally drained and refilled since LS disappeared.

Griffy was totally drained and refilled since LS disappeared.

Yes, but I wasn't thinking about the lake itself (109 acres). There are an additional 1200 acres of nature preserve owned by the City of Bloomington and/or Indiana University. Lots of hiking trails, and very remote areas that are difficult to access without intimate knowledge of the area.

whenever you post and start out by saying you did a little research, It's never disappointing! Some of our loose theories are starting to gel together here.

It's time to get our map out again, I think we had a final one that had interlinked Hannah and Lauren with Yogi's, terre Haute, Lemon Lake, SW. 5N, Kilroy's. This map has the timeline, pinpoints, characters, and may be our most brilliant map of the situations. And unknowingly, this map now interlinks with new victims of our suspects!

The map had all the lakes, and you could follow anyone's supposed paths from a reasonable 360 degree radius . You can zero in on the neighborhoods around the action spots where the victims were culled from and see the pattern. DM with binoculars. RR with a scope.
IDK it's like a hunting ground, IRONICALLY all these suspects are also hunters, fishers, gleaners.

dang it if there isn't a pattern here and we've already talked about it upthread.

YeahBabs, I know I always ask this, but will you post the final map again so we can interact with it? You Rock in advance!:cupcake:

Monroe County Prosecutor describes DM as POI:
http://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/11/...e-are-indiana-university-co-ed-cases-related/

More details on what DH said about LS clothing when he helped move her body.
"Hayden writes Spierer's body was 'dressed in black stretch yoga pants, white shirt and dark thong, no bra and several rings with one hand.' "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting but confusing as well. Is this prosecutor actually involved with the investigation or is he just curious like the rest of us and thinks if DM can't be excluded then he has to be included as a POI simply because of the pattern? And does he know anything more about the investigation than what he said? Did the writer make more of this than the prosecutor intended? Is the prosecutor casting a little doubt the police dept's way for their investigation and possibly not pursuing DM more?
And was he directly interviewed by the site or did they pick something up from another site... and why is the prosecutor talking in the first place after the silence that has surrounded the case?

EDIT: He's a Brown County Prosecutor, not Monroe County as written by the OP. That probably answers all my questions right there.

My apologies. Adams is the Brown County prosecutor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so we've two counties involved, so far. That's Brown and Monroe. Talking about DM.

IMO, they are taking snitch DM seriously. iirc, he initially wrote the letter AFTER telling officials at the jail stories DM had recounted, one of them being that DM had picked up a drunk girl, raped her and threw her in a yard.

Now it seems this additional charge of rape might be that person.

Around the time of Lauren's disappearance, and regularly afterwards, thee were reports of
druggings and rapes/attempted rapes. I will have to look up some of my posts to repost here, one of the things I was ranting about is that the articles ALWAYS kept the name of the bar out of the article. My guess is that these bars have threatened to sue because it might not be able to be proven the victims were drugged there.

But for potential victims this was devastating, had they known it really wasn't safe in certain situations in these places they might not have gone on to be raped.

In this circle of criminals we are dealing wit JMW, DM, DH, RR, 2 of them had scopes.
DM had binoculars, and RR had a very nice scope. Although RR was armed with two guns and had a loaded shotgun in vehicle next to him, he insisted that he was using the scope
only to study people. (whatever, right?)

But maybe he is telling the truth. IMH proved some have been in jail together, and our map shows they have crossed paths in a very small area--do they know each other?

I guess if you are serious about stalking women, you would need binoculars. Lauren had a pattern, she walked to her friends, back and forth, these 2 and a half blocks--either down the alleys between the buildings or down the same one way street, College Ave.

Hannah was a senior, and lived right around the corner from Yogis. So she had time to develop a pattern. She was there on a Thursday night, Trivia Night for DM but the students call Thursdays Thirsty Thursdays.

JW, Lauren's BF, lived right around the corner from Yogis and Hannah's.

No doubt JW and friends, thus Lauren and friends, also went to Yogis. Also the weirdness about the bartender witness working at Yogis.

It would make sense to work as a team, one person way up on the parking garage--this enables the perps to keep an eye on the Sheriff's Dept. one block from SW and gives a perfect view of women going home late.

just musing about the un-safety-ness after 10 in this town. I do not think for one second that there's no one else like this out there!

I once really loved Bloomington. Had a lot of fun there. I think many of us did not want to beleive that a stalker killer like the creep Hannah Wilson met could possibly be there. But, now we know that one did. Reality sets in and we realize this may indeed be the same fate for Lauren Spierer. A creeper stalker killer. Perhaps Brown County is where she will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay