IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When JMW's house was raided, several news outlets reported that he was awaiting a court appearance on Feb 18 in Johnson County for a felony charge of public indecency with a prior conviction.

Has anyone heard/read anything about whether that appearance did take place, and if so, what happened?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ome-searched-connection-missing-woman-n506521

Yes, that appearance took place. The court ordered a pre sentence investigation. There is to be a pre-trial hearing on March 24 and a jury trial in April. See database entry at mycase.in.gov

I think that in any high profile case, there are going to be a few crazy people who try to make themselves part of the story, whether that's by inserting themselves into storylines about POI, etc., as we saw early on in this case, or to a more extreme degree, people who claim to have direct knowledge or involvement in Lauren's disappearance.

The thing is, if someone actually has direct knowledge, photos, etc., obviously the case could be solved quickly. So far, at least, it doesn't appear that the tips from 'the snitch' linking DM to Lauren or the tip leading to JMW have turned into anything. If Lauren was the victim of a random abduction, the chances that more than one person was involved is very unlikely, let alone that it would be the two men who came to public attention by way of two unrelated tips, both of which have been questioned in terms of reliability. Then tying in the random youtube post and/ or guy guy? It's possible to connect any two dots with a line if you use your imagination, and since Bloomington isn't very big, I think it's easy to see possible links. Still, trying to fit every strange piece of this puzzle into a single coherent picture is unrealistic, IMO. Some of the leads we have learned about have been officially ruled out (white truck, gun guy, for ex.). Others appear to have been discredited. If the JMW search turns out to be nothing, that suggests to me that LE doesn't actually have a strong theory, let alone evidence, pointing in any direction. Sadly.

Still. I haven't given up on this case. I believe that Lauren will be found, and that will lead LE to an arrest, whether that is a day or years from now. It may turn out to be one of the stories that we have put together, or it may be something none of us expected. But there is a story, and it will come to light. How could it not?

Though we don't share the same opinions, I think we all share that hope here, and when I feel discouraged about Lauren's case (which, let's face it, is inevitable after all this time), the fact that I can always find my dedicated little group (and even a few newbies!) here looking for answers, following up on leads (anything!), and still able to fire up a good debate over what we know and don't know -- Well, it renews my hope a little. I am especially touched by the locals here who, years after searches came to and end, are up for trekking through woods and abandoned places hoping to find Lauren. You are good people with big hearts. :heartbeat:

Still. I haven't given up on this case. I believe that Lauren will be found, and that will lead LE to an arrest, whether that is a day or years from now. It may turn out to be one of the stories that we have put together, or it may be something none of us expected. But there is a story, and it will come to light. How could it not?

Though we don't share the same opinions, I think we all share that hope here, and when I feel discouraged about Lauren's case (which, let's face it, is inevitable after all this time), the fact that I can always find my dedicated little group (and even a few newbies!) here looking for answers, following up on leads (anything!), and still able to fire up a good debate over what we know and don't know -- Well, it renews my hope a little. I am especially touched by the locals here who, years after searches came to and end, are up for trekking through woods and abandoned places hoping to find Lauren. You are good people with big hearts. :heartbeat:

ah Abs that is so sweet.

But it's not like trying to fit every weird occurrence into one coherent theory.

More like, a big puzzle. You pick up a piece and see if it fits. It doesn't, not yet. Put a few more pieces together, and then maybe it will.

Also, what makes you think the raid was useless at JMW's?

One thing I believe we can all agree with is that LE has Not Been Forthcoming!

It's almost a given that DM has told them a thing or two. And you have no idea what info the gun guy gave LE.

But we have no idea what. Yeah, I'm still speculating.
And it wouldn't be a surprise to me if there is a conspiracy (to commit murder/dispose of body/etc)
involved in these affairs after all.

I'm not sure, but it seems like the story about the rape accusation has evolved over the years? First it was that a U of M football player who lived in a building owned in part by DB's dad was accused of rape (I remember because I didn't think it really had anything to do with DB or his family at all). Then the football player was one of DB's 'friends', and now his brother was involved? I don't know what the real story is, but that's a pretty serious allegation. Are you sure about this or is it possible that details have gotten confused over time? If not, where did the information come from?

ETA: yes, the fantasy football and music, I remember! You know, that reminded me, I think at some point someone, maybe Ros? found an email address attached to Jortiz' fantasy football pool and matched the name up with someone on DB's FB friend list - The info didn't totally match up, but IIRC there was some interesting info that came out of that little sleuthing marathon :)

Also, what makes you think the raid was useless at JMW's?

I don't know whether it was or not, but I'm not overly hopeful, because articles about the search suggested nothing was found (IIRC?), that the search was possibly the result of a questionable tip from an ex, and if there was any evidence, it hasn't led to any obvious breakthrough in this case, to Lauren or to an arrest.

I'm not sure, but it seems like the story about the rape accusation has evolved over the years? First it was that a U of M football player who lived in a building owned in part by DB's dad was accused of rape (I remember because I didn't think it really had anything to do with DB or his family at all). Then the football player was one of DB's 'friends', and now his brother was involved? I don't know what the real story is, but that's a pretty serious allegation. Are you sure about this or is it possible that details have gotten confused over time? If not, where did the information come from?

ETA: yes, the fantasy football and music, I remember! You know, that reminded me, I think at some point someone, maybe Ros? found an email address attached to Jortiz' fantasy football pool and matched the name up with someone on DB's FB friend list - The info didn't totally match up, but IIRC there was some interesting info that came out of that little sleuthing marathon :)

I don't think that was me. Sounds more like the things Dorothea/Sweet_Blush would find.

Doreatha was sort of a zen Chick Justin, if that can be imagined.

The latter called everyone A$$Hats and the former told someone off, then ended with Namaste.

They were both sort of OC about this case, and very good at finding obscure details in cyberspace.

Hi Ixchel! I also believe there is a strong possibility of a DM-JMW-DH connection. I remembered the guy that was arrested at the parking garage, and looked back at who he was and what happened there. The cops found "RR" at the 7th & Walnut parking garage directly across from Kilroy's with a "laser range finder trained on Kilyroy's...two loaded handguns in his pockets....and a loaded shotgun in the trunk of his car." The police then obtained a warrant to search RR's Indianapolis home, and confiscated 48 additional weapons. Police say he was mentally ill and obsessed with this case, had claimed to have met LS before, and essentially he was able to see her physical/spirit body... (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...with-missing-coed-wont-get-guns-back/2626859/). He also apparently had been thrown out of Kilroy's multiple times prior to this. RR sued for the return of his guns after his release from a mental facility, and lost that suit in Monroe County. He appealed, and lost on appeal as well (https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...UTTVORGt4TmpFM01qSXdPamswT0RRM09UQXlORGs9In19). The appeals court opinion, which includes a summary of the events leading up to his arrest: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/08061302ebb.pdf. So he never got his guns back, but it's another weird thing to happen in this mystery....
BBM and enlarged BM

I find this veeery interesting because in the australian song video, honestly the view of Kilroys that opens the video and stays there for quite awhile is coming from the exact spot of the sniper!

And, he was kicked out multiple times by I'm guessing the BOUNCER, who, if ya really look at the picture hard, seems to be the focus.

But that's JMO, because I saw the video after RR had been arrested...so it could have just seemed that way.

While listening to the song, you're looking way down from across the street, at Kilroys front door on a busy night.

You wonder, what is significant here? Eventually, you realize the bouncer in the doorway could be the focus.

Wonder if the crazy gun guy got kicked out because he was accusing people in reference
to Lauren?

Also, was he aiming at that bouncer like the videographer was?

found this post from #30, 7-19-13:
Ixchel13
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_c-935Sal4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube[/ame]

here's the pic I was referring to. This looks like it's taken on top of the parking garage. The UTube video is private, but is dedicated to Lauren Spierer. Why would a video dedicated to Lauren start out looking at Kilroy's from above like that? Wonder who made this video?

Also very creepy because someone could sit up there and see someone leaving from Kilroy's and walking back to SW or 10th and College, and then radio/text someone parked along the street to snatch someone as a team. Maybe that's what we're supposed to get from this?

OMG just enlarged the photo, and it shows people waiting to get in, and the last in line is a small blond . It couldn't be Lauren. But in the photo, there are people at the door. Is the bouncer hugging the girl?

Sorry to keep editing, but let's see...Jupiter812 posted the video on thread #27, post #27. Jupiter, do you know where this video came from?

ok the video comes from Jacobite, who does seem to have ties with the LE/attorneys somehow, or at least says they meet with them sometimes. The video seems to be linked with a song by an Australian singer playing and the words were written by Catherine Rothchilde, friend of Lauren and scion of the aforementioned Rothchilde banking family. Can't get it to play, also the picture just doesn't match. Catherine
was in a big war of words with GR, and it's interesting to go back to the beginning and see how this started. In the words to the song, Catherine doesn't necessarily blame the 5N POIs. I just want to know who in the world was on top of the parking garage and why they think this view is important.
07-19-2013, 06:14 PMIxchel13

But the real question is, why is this on a video about Lauren?

If the sniper (and that's just what he was) was up there, how many other ne'er-do-wells were using that parking garage as a watchtower?

They were both sort of OC about this case, and very good at finding obscure details in cyberspace.

Just have to say that I really love this. And cyberspace is where a lot of stuff is at, so being OC about it might be a good thing.

You are correct. When I realized that the dots did not quite connect, I put it out of my mind. Now I wonder if anyone named Jensen was listed in the lawsuit.

You are correct. When I realized that the dots did not quite connect, I put it out of my mind. Now I wonder if anyone named Jensen was listed in the lawsuit.

I went back and looked at the Preliminary Witness list for CR and JR and there is no one on either list by the name of Jensen.
Don't know if any names were added later.

More recently he/she seems to be concerned with how to cheat on the LSAT, which drugs will enable you to get a high score, ...:facepalm:

wow that does sound like jortiz who apparently coudn't function w/o adderall....

More recently he/she seems to be concerned with how to cheat on the LSAT, which drugs will enable you to get a high score, ...:facepalm:
The poster or FB guy? That was definitely an interest of the poster, but I don't think the dream of cheating his way into law school panned out (big surprise) - iirc from reddit, he seems to have been unemployed for a while and then got a job working as a 911 dispatcher or something like that...

(I have no time for FB snooping these days, but that might be an easy thing to check for a match)

I am thinking it might have been because LE determined that this particular truck/ owner/driver was able to prove they were there for the reasons they said they were. Is that reasonable? Barring any other evidence, yes. Does that mean the white truck was not involved? No..

I am thinking it might have been because LE determined that this particular truck/ owner/driver was able to prove they were there for the reasons they said they were. Is that reasonable? Barring any other evidence, yes. Does that mean the white truck was not involved? No..

glad you brought this up. ZO's roommate(?) worked in construction. Could be, they were seen leaving or being picked up from 10th and College at the time Lauren supposedly walked by.

So, the driver of the white truck may have picked them up for work--but they were still POIs so
now they had to prove that yes, they were going to work.

Something else I posted about this a couple of years ago is that if the construction company issues vehicles, and iirc this company did, between the time LE posted the pics of the DWT, the guy could have switched trucks with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member