IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you wondering if she left her keys too, and they ended up in the alley by someone else and not her? Could that be why she left her apartment building, b/c she realized she couldn't get in b/c she didn't have her keys??

No, the keys and the purse were left on her way to CR's apartment.

If LE gets every bit of footage from all of these cameras and Lauren never appears-does that mean she was never there? That is what I can't figure out. What is the longest distance between cameras, do we know, more or less? Long enough for a struggle and an abduction? Seems so unlikely and frankly, extemely lucky for the perp.

Locals...are there traffic cameras at the intersections of 11th, 10th, 9th and College?

I know for sure there were none at 11th and College but I can't say for certain about the other intersections.

Btown, how long did it take you to walk the route from the boys apts to smallwood?

After seeing those College St. pics I can say I think it would most definitely be creepy to walk at night. Perhaps not though, if you lived there? I noticed plenty of nooks and crannies where one could hide-out if they were looking to snatch her. Whether it be a stranger or not. Eek!

If LE gets every bit of footage from all of these cameras and Lauren never appears-does that mean she was never there? That is what I can't figure out. What is the longest distance between cameras, do we know, more or less? Long enough for a struggle and an abduction? Seems so unlikely and frankly, extemely lucky for the perp.

Well if there are cameras, the cameras were working that night, and she doesn't appear, would obviously mean she didn't make it to the area where the camera was.

I wonder where those railroad tracks are in reference to this,the ones below the Hill area

They are maybe a couple of blocks away (it's not really broken up into blocks at that point). They are close enough that I (out of shape, early thirties, don't like walking or outdoors) walked the tracks to that area in around 10 minutes.

No, the keys and the purse were left on her way to CR's apartment.

Left by who, when, where...do we really know for sure? I'm wondering if she even remembers...she didn't remember leaving her phone and shoes at the bar? Reading the long post with the bullets makes me wonder more about the purse being left where it was?

The poster (can't remember the name) made some good points.

The more I think about it, did we ever hear if the last person to see her saw keys on her or not? If she did lose them on the way to CR's how do we know she's the one that lost them?

I know for sure there were none at 11th and College but I can't say for certain about the other intersections.

Surly Sasha or BTown, do you know if there are cameras going west on 11th st. towards the Hill? It's near N. Monroe St. TIA

I think someone just said about 3 blocks

Left by who, when, where...do we really know for sure? Do you think she remembers...she didn't remember leaving her phone and shoes at the bar? Reading the long post with the bullets makes me wonder more about the purse being left where it was?

The poster (can't remember the name) made some good points.

From the timing of it being first found, it certainly indicates it was left by her on her way to CR's apartment.

Off to bed.

Thank you all for all your hard work.

Will "see" you tomorrow. :seeya:

Btown...just to clarify. Was the sidewalk along College closed at any time? Could she have stayed on the same side of the street and gotten thru or would have she needed to cross the street or go around barricades?

No, the sidewalks on College are/were all open.

Are you wondering if she left her keys too, and they ended up in the alley by someone else and not her? Could that be why she left her apartment building, b/c she realized she couldn't get in b/c she didn't have her keys with her either??

Smallwood Plaza surveillance video does not show LS returning to the building after leaving friend(s) apartments so it is possible LS was so out of sorts that she never realized she was without key until she was on her way 'home' ...

... but the question remains:

Did LS have her purse / key(s) when she arrived to / left the following locations:
  • Her apartment.
  • Kilroy's.
  • Friend's apartments.

Wow not only would it be scary walking those areas at night with all that construction but hard on your feet if you are barefooted.

From the timing of it being first found, it certainly indicates it was left by her on her way to CR's apartment.

Hey rather than reype all of it, can you refer back to my original post...I edited it b/c I thought it came across rude, and I didn't mean it to be.

Also, can you explain what you mean above...as far as the timing?

Wow not only would it be scary walking those areas at night with all that construction but
hard on your feet if you are barefooted.

She had to be pretty out of it, considering she walked from the bar to her apartment building, then to CR's apartment building, then presumably attempted to come back, without shoes, and losing her keys and purse along the way.

I'm sorry, I am having to use an old desktop tonight and it won't let me open links or pictures...from CR's building, what is the farthest she would have had to walk alone without passing a camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay