IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btown...just to clarify. Was the sidewalk along College closed at any time? Could she have stayed on the same side of the street and gotten thru or would have she needed to cross the street or go around barricades?

The sidewalk on the side of 11th street she would have been on, where 5 North
Apartments are, was never closed.

She could get right thru to College Ave.

The sidewalks on College were also open.

Surly Sasha or BTown, do you know if there are cameras going west on 11th st. towards the Hill? It's near N. Monroe St. TIA

I would think definitely not. I'll drive through there tomorrow and look but I really don't think so. There's a hardware store that might have a camera set up on that route (of the street/sidewalk, though?) and there's a local beer brewery place that might have cameras (again, not sure if they would be positioned where it would matter). Otherwise, no.

Hey rather than reype all of it, can you refer back to my original post...I edited it b/c I thought it came across rude, and I didn't mean it to be.

Also, can you explain what you mean above...as far as the timing?

From what was reported, somebody first found her purse around 3 am, which would have been after she left her apartment building but before she got to CR's apartment building.

Smallwood Plaza surveillance video does not show LS returning to the building after leaving friend(s) apartments so it is possible LS was so out of sorts that she never realized she was without key until she was on her way 'home' ...

... but the question remains:

Did LS have her purse / key(s) when she arrived to / left the following locations:
  • Her apartment.
  • Kilroy's.
  • Friend's apartments.

I see what your getting at and if she didn't have her key or purse who did? I thought someone said her purse had a key chain thing on it
so it would all be attached

See my answers in BOLD.

I sense a problem regarding LS allegedly having left her shoes and her cell phone at Kilroy's and her small purse and her apartment key in the alley.

Shoes:
  • Kilroy's sports a huge dance floor.
  • Dancing is the most-likely explanation why LS removed her shoes. There was said to be a beach themed party that night with sand. That is likely why her shoes were removed.
  • There is no known explanation why LS did not replace her shoes to her feet upon leaving Kilroy's. IIRC another girl who spoke in the media said this wasn't uncommon. I think there was mention of possibly an outdoor volleyball court there too??
  • If you are not wearing shoes, you know you are not wearing shoes. It is not like leaving behind a small cheap brooch. I agree, but perhaps they were only going to go to LS's for a minute and then come back, and things got complicated by the fight and she needed to get CR home? I agree, it's odd to leave without shoes.
  • Was that common behavior exhibited by LS / at Kilroy's / anywhere?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her shoes when she left Kilroy's? Again, only thing I can think of is they intended to come back and she needed the keys to get in her apt. But I think the bar was closing when they left so who knows, maybe she was just that drunk??
Cell Phone:
  • How did LS carry her cell phone that evening? Not sure. She was wearing black leggings, no pockets though. Maybe that's why it was set down and forgot about?
  • It is possible but not likely LS was carrying the cell phone freely, in-hand.
  • Was is it in the small purse, in a pocket, someone else carried it for her? It wasn't really a purse, it's more like a wallet, to hold your college ID and had a key ring and keys attached to it. When I was in college, we would stick the wallet part in our back pocket and let the key dangle out. But we know she didn't have pockets. Maybe CR had it in his pocket?
  • Why was it not in the purse / on LS' person when she left Kilroy's? I doubt a phone would fit in it.
  • Did the cell phone location ping to cell tower(s) before and during while LS was at Kilroy's?
  • Did LS or anyone else use LS' phone that evening / while at Kilroy's / after LS left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping change after LS left Kilroy's?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her cell phone when she left Kilroy's? All I can think of is that it was in CR's pocket.
  • Why was LS allegedly unaware of the location of her cell phone after she arrived to the apartment(s) after having left Kilroy's? drunk?
Purse / Key(s)
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she arrived to Kilroy's? Maybe CR was.
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she left Kilroy's?
  • Was someone carrying LS purse for her when she left Kilroy's?
  • When LS left the last friend's apartment to return to her own apartment did she have her purse / key(s)? No, somehow they had been dropped in the alley way on the way from LS's to CR's after the altercation in LS's lobby. LS was helping CR home. If he was carrying, I'm thinking maybe he was staggering, pants were falling down, or he fell down and the "purse" fell out of his pocket.
  • When did LS lose track of her purse / key(s)? See above. Another passerby reports seeing them around 3am, but left them there thinking whomever lost them would come back looking for them. His roommate saw them still there a few hours later, and hung them over the railing.

FYI- The little girl was found safe, the one they believed to be kidnapped in Indiana tonight. No details as yet.

There was said to be a beach themed party that night with sand. That is likely why her shoes were removed.
There is no known explanation why LS did

Yeah the bar has an outdoor beach theme with sand and little kiddie pools.

Surly Sasha or BTown, do you know if there are cameras going west on 11th st. towards the Hill? It's near N. Monroe St. TIA

There are only 2 businesses between 5 North Apartments and "The Hill" that face the road, and may have video.
The closest is Upland Brewing Company, (its a restaurant). The next is Bender Lumber.

I don't know if they have cameras, but I can check. I'll eat lunch at Upland tomorrow. Yum!
Plus I need some outlet covers for the house. Bender should have those.

Is it common for people to hang out on these porches that we've seen in Btowns pics?

Just so we're clear. I believe it was reported it by the person who first saw it at 3am, the "purse" was not really a purse. It was more like an ID holder with a key ring attached. These are very common for college students. They are not much bigger than your drivers license and you could slip them in your back pocket if need be. Just enough space for id, maybe a couple credit cards, and some cash, not much else.

Here's a pic. Not the exact one, but something similar. http://iun.bncollege.com/wcsstore/E...907_90721_1_33210/images/FULLIMAGE_365290.jpg

Just so we're clear. I believe it was reported it by the person who first saw it at 3am, the "purse" was not really a purse. It was more like an ID holder with a key ring attached. These are very common for college students. They are not much bigger than your drivers license and you could slip them in your back pocket if need be. Just enough space for id, maybe a couple credit cards, and some cash, not much else.

Here's a pic. Not the exact one, but something similar. http://iun.bncollege.com/wcsstore/E...907_90721_1_33210/images/FULLIMAGE_365290.jpg

It's amazing she remembered to bring that with her and not her cell phone?

Can't entirely rule out her returning alive yet but:

I wonder if this might not have been a foul play, as we know it, and maybe not an overdose either.
This is just me thinking out loud but that heart condition has me
wondering if the heart failed due to the possible drinking and late time of
night night and the stress of the confrontation with the boyfriend's
friends.

But if one or more of the people involved had been arguing with her or had pushed
her or had held her at the time her heart failed they may have thought
they had accidently killed her.

Still even this theory is perhaps a bit premature.

That sounds like a bad area to be in if they were finding evidence
belonging to another unrelated murder in the same area.

Is it common for people to hang out on these porches that we've seen in Btowns pics?

Yup, its common, especially in good weather.
More especially if they have some cold beer on a hot day, or weed.

Yup, its common, especially in good weather.
More especially if they have some cold beer on a hot day, or weed.

Sounds like she was still looking to party...maybe not...maybe she stopped somewhere to go to the bathroom? Grasping, I know

I see what your getting at and if she didn't have her key or purse who did? I thought someone said her purse had a key chain thing on it
so it would all be attached

What I am "getting at" is:

Did someone take LS's purse / key(s) sometime during the evenings 'festivities' and place it in an alley, with intent to 'lure' LS into searching for those items?

Also, if you're so drunk you're not aware you are no longer wearing shoes .. then I say you're too drunk to even walk.

Can you say, "Date-Rape Drugged" ?

Also, if you're so drunk you're not aware you are no longer wearing shoes .. then I say you're too drunk to even walk.

Can you say, "Date-Rape Drugged" ?

Not necessarily to the first part. I have done some crazy, weird stuff while drunk and still been able to walk. I had a friend who broke her ankle and was so drunk she didn't realize it. She walked a mile to her apartment with us, we crashed on some couches, and when we woke up she couldn't even put pressure on it.

Now, date-rape is definitely an option though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay