IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet if JR is truthful, he watched that first block. And isn't the entrance to Smallwood on the middle of that block? Wouldn't it then really be more like 1.5 blocks?

If JR's statement is accurate.

Yes, you could add a 1/2 block.

Someone asked earlier how long it took me, but I wandered a bit, and didn't time it. Guess I'll have to redo that one.

I sense a problem regarding LS allegedly having left her shoes and her cell phone at Kilroy's and her small purse and her apartment key in the alley.

Shoes:
  • Kilroy's sports a huge dance floor.
  • Dancing is the most-likely explanation why LS removed her shoes.
  • There is no known explanation why LS did not replace her shoes to her feet upon leaving Kilroy's.
  • If you are not wearing shoes, you know you are not wearing shoes. It is not like leaving behind a small cheap brooch.
  • Was that common behavior exhibited by LS / at Kilroy's / anywhere?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her shoes when she left Kilroy's?
Cell Phone:
  • How did LS carry her cell phone that evening?
  • It is possible but not likely LS was carrying the cell phone freely, in-hand.
  • Was is it in the small purse, in a pocket, someone else carried it for her?
  • Why was it not in the purse / on LS' person when she left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping to cell tower(s) before and during while LS was at Kilroy's?
  • Did LS or anyone else use LS' phone that evening / while at Kilroy's / after LS left Kilroy's?
  • Did the cell phone location ping change after LS left Kilroy's?
  • LS remembered to take her purse but not her cell phone when she left Kilroy's?
  • Why was LS allegedly unaware of the location of her cell phone after she arrived to the apartment(s) after having left Kilroy's?
Purse / Key(s)
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she arrived to Kilroy's?
  • Was LS carrying her purse / key(s) when she left Kilroy's?
  • Was someone carrying LS purse for her when she left Kilroy's?
  • When LS left the last friend's apartment to return to her own apartment did she have her purse / key(s)?
  • When did LS lose track of her purse / key(s)?

Let's hope that LE is asking them too and has the answers!

Have her shoes ever been found? I find it very out of character for her to be running all over town with no shoes on. From her pictures she looks like the type of girl that would have cute manicured feet. We have all been focusing on the idea that she was wasted and that is how she ended up with not shoes on, but I'm not buying it. Even wasted she would have worn a boy's pair of socks at the least. Drunk college kids can be surprisingly resourceful. Basically, what I am asking is did they find her shoes at the bar like the story goes? If they haven't it really gets me thinking...

One doesn't necessarily have to drive or have a car to dispose of the body. Body can be put into a dumpster. Then once it gets to land-field, it would be hard to find.

So she had no cellphone and no keys or ID on her,but proceeded to walk home.How was she to get into her apartment,wake her room mate up to let her in.
They had a buzzer where she could have buzzed her roomie. But even if that is a technical possibility I am starting to think whatever happened happened before she ever got the chance to try to go home.

I really, really wish whomever had called left a voicemail on Rohn's phone. That would confirm if she was still living or not at that point.

No, if you're thinking that way, it'd be more like 2.5 blocks. Smallwood is on the corner of 9th & College, but the entrance is down a bit, so more like 8.5 & College. ;)

Correct.

Have her shoes ever been found? I find it very out of character for her to be running all over town with no shoes on. From her pictures she looks like the type of girl that would have cute manicured feet. We have all been focusing on the idea that she was wasted and that is how she ended up with not shoes on, but I'm not buying it. Even wasted she would have worn a boy's pair of socks at the least. Drunk college kids can be surprisingly resourceful. Basically, what I am asking is did they find her shoes at the bar like the story goes? If they haven't it really gets me thinking...

Yes, her shoes and phone were found at the bar.

Police confirmed her shoes and cell phone were left in the bar. There seem to be no doubt about it whatsoever that she was walking around without shoes. Even her "missing" description put out from the beginning states she was not wearing shoes when she went missing. Which suggests she must have been pretty out of it to walk to all these places without shoes.

Yes and she was going to school for fashion and her classmates in school voted her the best dressed,but yet she was walking on gravel and whatever barefooted

Okay, I've copied Btown's posts with photos here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]Missing Timeline and Media Links Forum - IN Lauren Spierer...PHOTOS[/ame]

There's no discussion in that forum, just links to media articles, timelines, and photos. Any future photos can be posted there, as well. If I've missed any photos that y'all would like copied over there, Btown's or any others, just let me know.

Yes and she was going to school for fashion and her classmates in school voted
her the best dressed,but yet she was walking on gravel and whatever barefooted

Police have found her shoes at the bar, so yes, she was walking around without shoes.

The sidewalk on the side of 11th street she would have been on, where 5 North
Apartments are, was never closed.

She could get right thru to College Ave.

The sidewalks on College were also open.

@btown

Do you know if the Waffle House was open that night? I'm curious because your last version of your excellent map showed the road was tore up on the East side of N. College (which begins about half way between 11th and Smallwood and extends south) directly in front of the Waffle House.

Also how did they have the lanes routed during that time? Was there parking still allowed on the West side of N. College even though the East side of N. College was tore up? Or was there enough room for a lane of parked cars, and still 2 lanes of bi-directional traffic?

They had a buzzer where she could have buzzed her roomie. But even if that is a technical possibility I am starting to think whatever happened happened before she ever got the chance to try to go home.

I really, really wish whomever had called left a voicemail on Rohn's phone. That would confirm if she was still living or not at that point.

What time was this call placed?

One doesn't necessarily have to drive or have a car to dispose of the body. Body can be put into a dumpster. Then once it gets to land-field, it would be hard to find.

If that happened, there are only 2 places it would go.

1. Waste Disposal at Dillman Road. They have cameras, and the plow manually pushes everything into a trough, to be pushed onto a tractor trailer. It would have to be wrapped well in a carpet or something to escape notice.

2. Monroe County Landfill They also monitor everything coming and going, and use plows to push the rubbish into the location they want.

Those are the only ones I remember at 2am.

The dumpsters I saw were Sears & Sons, not that I saw them all.

What I am "getting at" is:

Did someone take LS's purse / key(s) sometime during the evenings 'festivities' and place it in an alley, with intent to 'lure' LS into searching for those items?

Also, if you're so drunk you're not aware you are no longer wearing shoes .. then I say you're too drunk to even walk.

Can you say, "Date-Rape Drugged" ?

Intentional or unintentional drugging or even a mixture of the 2 along with alcohol are all possibilities... in any event a serious health risk and impaired judgement are a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18