IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna have time to work on the map tonight.

Perhaps tomorrow.

Better yet, maybe they'll have found her alive tomorrow, and there will be no need to work on it!

I wonder if they were shoe-shoes or flip flops. I could see her forgetting or not caring about a pair of flip flops. But my daughter loves her boots and fave shoes and would never leave them behind. So I am curious. Also the cell. My 19 yr old would never leave her cell. It is attached to her like glue. So I think this poor girl was really pretty drunk, imo.

Why has no one expressed any surprise that she would walk alone at 4am, if there are dubious areas nearby? Is it just the invincibility of youth? I haven't even heard her parents wonder about this.

The more recent news reports where LS supposedly called DR about her missing phone (which seems even more fishy to me) also seem to imply that she was still very intoxicated by at the very least alcohol. That alone is enough to impair someone's judgement. The question is, why would JR let her go home alone - that is what is not kosher.

And these new details surfacing apparently from JR (but without any official acknowledgement of he or his lawyer right?) raise yet another inconsistency in my mind about this situation. If she were that concerned about her missing phone (which she should have been, and should have realized much earlier) she should have equally been thinking about her keys and purse. As such, if it was on her mind, seems to me a strong possibility she would go back and retrace her steps which would take her back through the Alley (which seems to be a common corridor for many). But she clearly did not go that way, or she would have been on camera, right? Or, what if she did go that way, and JR didn't even bother to watch... Perhaps his statement about seeing her go to 11th and N. College is a lie, and he just let her walk out the door, if she walked out at all. You see, JR did not know how LS came to the apt. and may have made the assumption that she used N. College and would logically return that way. But, people are creatures of habit... if she came from the Alley, I think she would go back that way. Perhaps those familiar with walking patterns late at night in the area can confirm that this is what they do? There probably are others out there that frequent CR/MB/JR's building but live in Smallwood or vice versa.
I think it's also very likely that IF she really was starting to think; phone, keys, purse, she would have gone back that direction too. Just my gut here, but I feel the 11th and N. College statement is bogus. So, giving JR the benefit of the doubt... she just leaves headed back towards the Alley...
she could have run into someone else living in that building and this all could have taken a totally different turn. She might have tripped, fallen down stairs, or some other fatal intoxicated accident... but then someone would have reported it right? They might not want to report it, or in fact even cover it up if the intoxication somehow would incriminate them.
And then yes it's possible that someone else was down there in that parking lot before she gets to the Alley. From earlier discussions, I don't think much of that gravel parking lot behind CR/MB/JR's building is under camera surveillance. A similar scenario could apply if JR was totally truthful and she went down N. College but turned to cut through back to the Alley in one of the thoroughfares that lead back to the gravel parking lot. I think one of those pathways depending how far south may have been, were in the range of one of those cameras further away.

Perhaps someone can help me out with this... where does DR live?

Since she supposedly called him at 4:15 about her phone, if he lived in the same building she may have gone there... And then turning it around... if it wasn't her that called DR from JR's, then why would JR be calling DR at that time?

What I am "getting at" is:

Did someone take LS's purse / key(s) sometime during the evenings 'festivities' and place it in an alley, with intent to 'lure' LS into searching for those items?

She wasn't lured anywhere. She was in her apartment buliding which she left and went to CR's apartment. On her way there, she apparently had lost her keys and purse.

DR lives in the same building she lives, right? And she never made it back to her building because she is not on camera. Also, if she was in the alley looking for her keys after she left JR's apartment, then she should have been on camera as well. And she is not.

No, please feel free. As I'm sure you've figured out, I'm not really good at that.

Youre maps have been good and are very useful, as your photos and insights into the realities of the area and community. You are much appreciated.

I'm copying Btown's photos into a thread in the Media Links sub-forum so they'll all be in one place. I'll post the link when I'm done.

I can't grasp the fact everyone was ready to go to bed and she was still wandering around drunk or worse at 4:00 in the morning.The question still to be answered is it a proven fact she left CR's or JR's.Word of mouth from friends I will not accept at this point.

Can you elaborate a little more on where "the Hill" is? And is it a building? A corner? A park? etc.

ETA: nevermind. ;) Didn't see the posts above. Thank you.

Where would a homeless Hill Dweller take her and then what would they do with the body? Wouldn't it be somewhere right there in that vicinity? All of the high profile searches assume a vehicle is involved and she was spirited away. A homeless person could only drag or carry her so far, though they might know every nook and cranny around! How extensive is the searching in the areas within say a 2 mile radius of 11th and N. College? has it been searched at all? Very early on we discussed the apts that are under construction and such as possible places to hide a body. I'm starting to wonder if anyone did a serious search around there. There must be a lot of sewers down there. Has anyone gone through all of the sewers in the that area?

OK, VeryVeritas talked me into messing around with "the map" a little more.
Its no work of art, and needs more work, but its a start.
Please feel free to make any corrections, additions, etc.

aahggg1.jpg

I'll try later to one up Bessie and see about connecting the pics to a map location, but time is my enemy.

Actually, if she left 5 North Apartments, and walked to College, then South on College all the way back to Smallwood, the first camera that would catch her is Smallwood.

Thats
1 block to College.
1 block to 10th & College.
1 block to 9th & College.

3 blocks.

Yet if JR is truthful, he watched that first block. And isn't the entrance to Smallwood on the middle of that block? Wouldn't it then really be more like 1.5 blocks?

OK, VeryVeritas talked me into messing around with "the map" a little more.
Its no work of art, and needs more work, but its a start.
Please feel free to make any corrections, additions, etc.

I'll try later to one up Bessie and see about connecting the pics to a map location, but time is my enemy.

So wait....is there a camera that catches the sidewalk on 10th & College or is that the one that is under the covered area???

Where would a homeless Hill Dweller take her and then what would they do with the body? Wouldn't it be somewhere right there in that vicinity? All of the high profile searches assume a vehicle is involved and she was spirited away. A homeless person could only drag or carry her so far, though they might know every nook and cranny around! How extensive is the searching in the areas within say a 2 mile radius of 11th and N. College? has it been searched at all? Very early on we discussed the apts that are under construction and such as possible places to hide a body. I'm starting to wonder if anyone did a serious search around there. There must be a lot of sewers down there. Has anyone gone through all of the sewers in the that area?

I read today on a post here that searchers were starting over, basically, and would do 1/4 mile increments, and that searchers were actually on their hands and knees. If the search the entire downtown area this way, it would seem to rule out a pedestrian taking her, I think. Not to mention they both should have been on a camera, somewhere.

Just to clarify, I wasn't thinking it was a homeless person who was involved. Someone had mentioned that some shady characters hang around the Hill and it's often associated with drug deals, etc. I was just wondering if it was an apartment complex, park, etc.

So wait....is there a camera that catches the sidewalk on 10th & College or is that the one that is under the covered area???

Its under the covered area. Its a smoked dome. You cant tell where its pointing, or if its real.

Yet if JR is truthful, he watched that first block. And isn't the entrance to Smallwood on the middle of that block? Wouldn't it then really be more like 1.5 blocks?

No, if you're thinking that way, it'd be more like 2.5 blocks. Smallwood is on the corner of 9th & College, but the entrance is down a bit, so more like 8.5 & College. ;)

In previous posts, I put pictures of the alley that runs from 9th St. to 11th Street, between Morton St., and College Ave.

A post of pictures of the 10th & College Ave. area.

Pictures of some of the alley cameras

Pictures of the area between 10th and 11th street between Morton St, and College Ave. fucused on looking for a handrail, since thats where her keys were reported to have been found.

An unprofessional, hacked together attempt at a "map", for a visual aid.

Ealier today, pictures of Morton St., and the alley between Morton & College Ave.

And Pictures of 11th Street.

I have a few more pictures now.

Starting to move South on the west side of College Ave. 11th St. is just behind me. So, the corner of 11th & College on the West side of the street.
The pics bounce back and forth between the East side of the street, student rental houses, and the West side of the street.

There is a blue house on the North West corner of 11th & College. Its a student rental apartment. Just next to it, (South), is another student rental house. After that is a Dr. Office.
img00187201106141729.jpg

Standing beside the blue house on the West side of College Ave. Looking directly South toward 10th & College from the corner of 11th & College Ave.
28lwf2p.jpg

I tried to get pics of both sides of College. The East side is mostly houses that students rent. No obvious video cameras.
East side of College, between 11th & 10th.
2z4eruw.jpg

East side of College, further South between 11th & 10th.
119qmnn.jpg

Looking South on College. 10th & College Apartments in view.
img00204201106141735.jpg

This might seem obvious... i saw some excavation in your photos, are there any holes she could have stumbled into?

So she had no cellphone and no keys or ID on her,but proceeded to walk home.How was she to get into her apartment,wake her room mate up to let her in.Just doesn't add up to me.They found her keypurse much earlier on a railing.I am not starting to buy this one at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya