IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@btown

Do you know if the Waffle House was open that night? I'm curious because your last version of your excellent map showed the road was tore up on the East side of N. College (which begins about half way between 11th and Smallwood and extends south) directly in front of the Waffle House.

Waffle House never closes. LOL.

No, I must've done something wrong. The lane is closed on the East side of College just south of Waffle House /10th St., and opens back up at 9th St. The lane was not closed in front of Waffle House.

Also how did they have the lanes routed during that time? Was there parking still allowed on the West side of N. College even though the East side of N. College was tore up? Or was there enough room for a lane of parked cars, and still 2 lanes of bi-directional traffic?

There were just orange barrels blocking the lane. Yes, parking was still allowed on the West side of N. College. There was still room to squeeze 2 lanes of thru traffic.

Can't they find out where this phone call came from ?

If she called DR at 4:15 am, it would have been from JR's apartment using JR's phone, so she couldn't have possibly been screaming on the street at that time.

The phone call was from JR's phone supposedly being Lauren looking for her own phone.

DR lives in the same building she lives, right? And she never made it back to her building because she is not on camera. Also, if she was in the alley looking for her keys after she left JR's apartment, then she should have been on camera as well. And she is not.

AFTER LEAVING JR's 4:15 to 4:30am:

NORTH? I see no reason for her to go that way at all.

WEST? No. It does not make sense that she would go west if JR just watched her walk east to 11th and N. College. And she would have no reason to go that direction at all.

EAST? I really don't see a reason for her to go down 11th either. If she were thinking she would go to Kilroys that late it would make sense to go down N. College first past Smallwood right? Is there any likely reason for her to go this way vs. South? Also JR said she was "rounding the corner" so South seems to be it if JR is truthful.

SOUTH? 2 paths... a) N. College - this is the way that JR says she went...
she could get to Kilroys or her apt. this way. Makes sense. However it is a well lit and very short distance to Smallwood. Some linkage back to the gravel parking lot behind 5 North exists correct? Is there not more than one way to get from N. College back to the gravel parking area?
b) Going back the way she came through the gravel parking lots behind 5 North and then (if she would have made it that far) through the alley.

Her keys and purse were in the area outside of the Alley where the gravel parking lots are located. She obviously didn't get them, nor to the Alley.
Since all directions except South do not make sense, it would seem she did not get more than 1 block away (if she ever left) 5 North. So to me 3 possibilities emerge: A) LS vanished on N. College on the East side of the street B) LS vanished on her way to the Alley perhaps in the gravel parking area or C) LS was taken out of the apts alive or dead in some other manner.

Do you see anything that could rule any of these 3 possibilities out?

I can't grasp the fact everyone was ready to go to bed and she was still wandering around drunk or worse at 4:00 in the morning.The question still to be answered is it a proven fact she left CR's or JR's.Word of mouth from friends I will not accept at this point.

Good for you! It is not a fact, it is their word... and for JR it's very very few words.

So wait....is there a camera that catches the sidewalk on 10th & College or is that the one that is under the covered area???

And it points out at the street right? If she passed this way, she should have been captured. To not be on this cam means that if she came down N. College she never made it this far.

I read today on a post here that searchers were starting over, basically, and would do 1/4 mile increments, and that searchers were actually on their hands and knees. If the search the entire downtown area this way, it would seem to rule out a pedestrian taking her, I think. Not to mention they both should have been on a camera, somewhere.

Sewers included?

And it points out at the street right? If she passed this way, she should have been captured. To not be on this cam means that if she came down N. College she never made it this far.

No. The cam does not point at the street. Its in the covered area. It only gives brief glimpses of the sidewalk, at best. During the daylight.

She could walk from 11th all the way to Smallwood without any camera seeing her.

It's amazing she remembered to bring that with her and not her cell phone?

I think CR probably had the wallet... I normally ask my boyfriend to carry my id holder thing that is very similar to what has been described, especially if I do not have pockets. Since she was wearing leggings, she would probably not have pockets.

Ok so I believe some of these friends are lying to cover up.Now where is Lauren? Come clean someone, and take a plea deal or whatever.Her family wants her back.

Just to clarify, I wasn't thinking it was a homeless person who was involved. Someone had mentioned that some shady characters hang around the Hill and it's often associated with drug deals, etc. I was just wondering if it was an apartment complex, park, etc.

Sure, not just homeless, but someone without a vehicle? What they would do with a body would be quite different than someone with a vehicle.

So to me 3 possibilities emerge: A) LS vanished on N. College on the East side of the street B) LS vanished on her way to the Alley perhaps in the gravel parking area or C) LS was taken out of the apts alive or dead in some other manner.

That about sums it up all right, if JR's statement is accurate.

There are 3 primary ways to get to the alley from her location. She would have to backtrack to get to one of them, if JR's story is accurate.
One way would show up on camera.
alleyz.jpg

Police have found her shoes at the bar, so yes, she was walking around without shoes.

In response to the question of if she found other shoes/put on boys socks...I don't see how that is out of the question. Yes her original shoes were left behind at the bar but has it been confirmed that she didn't accidentally take someone elses shoes from the bar? Or that at some point, maybe at the boys apartments, she didn't put on socks or some other form of footwear?

Same time those homeless people said they heard a scream

Yesterday someone posted that the scream was debunked. Has anyone seen a link for that? The scream was reported by a reporter who said he walked with the homeless man near the railroad tracks where he was when he heard the scream. I'd not seen an LE comment confirming the report of the scream.

Has LE mentioned this 10th & College cam?

Actually I mis-stated that it had a smoked dome. I was thinking of the one at Smallwood. Sorry Guys.

There are 2 cameras at 10th & College Apartments on the West side of College. Neither one points at the sidewalk or the street. You can barely get glimpses of the sidewalk in daylight.

IDK if LE's mentioned it.

If she called DR at 4:15 am, it would have been from JR's apartment using JR's phone, so she couldn't have possibly been screaming on the street at that time.

Apparently (I've not seen any confirmed statements from JR or his lawyer about this) it is coming from LE that a call was made from JR's phone(or one of them) at 4:15 to DR.
The report said that "Someone" made the call, but it must be JR who told LE that it was LS who made the call. Since DR did not talk to her and since there was no voice mail there is ZERO proof that LS made the call.

The reports I read about the scream said it was at around 4:30am. not 4:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member