IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering where her shoes/phone were found. Were they outside in the patio? When were they found? That night or the next day? My thought was that if they were found the next day, could someone have taken them back there? I don't know why it makes me wonder so much!

After she lost her shoes but before she went missing she was seen by a bunch of people, who clearly must have noticed she was not wearing shoes.
Even her "missing" flier says she was barefooted when she went missing.

Police have found her shoes at the bar, so yes, she was walking around without shoes.

I think that it is possible that this is an assumption that MAY not be accurate. None of the people have mentioned that she had no shoes that we know of...not those involved in the altercation, or any of the three boys who saw her later. She may have inadvertently put on someone else's shoes since people were known to take them off near the sand area, and that person went home without shoes. She may have borrowed an extra pair of flip flop type shoes that someone else brought to the sand bar or she could have even brought extra ones herself in a small backpack. i haven't seen anything that said exactly where or in what her shoes and phone were found, so maybe they were together in some kind of a bag that was left behind at the bar. The keys and coin/id case were most likely on some kind of wrist strap and something she would keep with her rather than hang on a chair back or place under her table.

jmo

I think that it is possible that this is an assumption that MAY not be accurate. None of the people have mentioned that she had no shoes that we know of...not those involved in the altercation, or any of the three boys who saw her later. She may have inadvertently put on someone else's shoes since people were known to take them off near the sand area, and that person went home without shoes. She may have borrowed an extra pair of flip flop type shoes that someone else brought to the sand bar or she could have even brought extra ones herself in a small backpack. i haven't seen anything that said exactly where or in what her shoes and phone were found, so maybe they were together in some kind of a bag that was left behind at the bar. The keys and coin/id case were most likely on some kind of wrist strap and something she would keep with her rather than hang on a chair back or place under her table.

jmo

I was thinking about that last night. My daughter always carries an extra pair either in her purse or mulitple pairs in her car.

jmo

The people must have noticed she had no shoes on. Her "missing" flier was put out early, and it says she was barefooted when she went missing. And when police just recently released a better description of what she was wearing, it doesn't mention any shoes whatsoever. Co it would clearly appear she in fact had no shoes on.

The people must have noticed she had no shoes on. Her "missing" flier was put out early, and it says she was barefooted when she went missing. And when police just recently released a better description of what she was wearing, it doesn't mention any shoes whatsoever. Co it would clearly appear she in fact had no shoes on.

I agree it is possible and perhaps even likely, BUT the person putting out the description may just be going with the same ASSUMPTION that many here are.....that since there were a pair of her shoes at the bar that she had none with her. Could be the case, but there are numerous possibilities otherwise.

jmo

I was thinking the same thing Clover mentioned - that Lauren might have chose to walk on the street. It didn't appear that all the cameras had the streets in their sight...
Claudia

I agree it is possible and perhaps even likely, BUT the person putting out the description may just be going with the same ASSUMPTION that many here are.....that since there were a pair of her shoes at the bar that she had none with her. Could be the case, but there are numerous possibilities otherwise.

jmo

Wouldn't the police have corrected this since they have footage of her both in Smallwood and in the alley afterward?

From what I've read in the HT and also from a memorial page on Facebook the most likely suspects are her (ex?)boyfriend and his two friends. All three were apparently with her in the woods.

All had a history of drug addiction and, from what I've read, it's thought that they were going into the woods after buying drugs.

I'll look for the link that I read...

Wouldn't the police have corrected this since they have footage of her both in Smallwood and in the alley afterward?

Of course. Police just recently put out a more detailed description of what she was wearing. If she had any shoes on her that would have been included.

There are only 2 businesses between 5 North Apartments and "The Hill" that face the road, and may have video.
The closest is Upland Brewing Company, (its a restaurant). The next is Bender Lumber.

I don't know if they have cameras, but I can check. I'll eat lunch at Upland tomorrow. Yum!
Plus I need some outlet covers for the house. Bender should have those.

Thanks BTown!

I think everyone, be it male, female, or child should get the same amount of attention and effort. It is sad how some don't seem to get the attention that others do.

Usually young, attractive, female missing persons get more attention than others, especially older people.

I think this case is SO similar to the Morgan Harrington one... Pretty, blonde, intoxicated girl...

A lot of people suspected Morgan's friends and thought they were being sketchy. It ended up being a total stranger.

Stranger abduction/murder DOES happen.

Trying to catch up from yesterday, but I had a thought.
When I was at IU, Jill Behrman (sp?) went missing. She was riding her bike and it was thought she was hit by a car.
What if the car circling around hit Lauren? And that's why it doubled back around.
In Northern Indiana, we just had a case like this where a drunk woman ran over a teenager (sadly left him for dead). Could be similar?
I assume that there would be more evidence, like blood. Unless all injuries would be internal.
Any thoughts on this? Do we have timing as to how long it took the car to drive by twice?

BBM. I wondered the same thing, especially when LE said they didn't know if it was 1 vehicle that was responsible for something, so they drove back around the block, or if it was 2 vehicles. This is exactly what I thought.

Also, a few years back in the Dallas area IIRC there was a hit and run, but the person they hit was stuck in the windshield. It was horrifying. The driver returned home and parked in their garage and left the person to die in the windshield. I don't know that there was any evidence left at the scene, except perhaps a little glass? IDK.

Also, a few years back in the Dallas area IIRC there was a hit and run, but the person they hit was stuck in the windshield. It was horrifying. The driver returned home and parked in their garage and left the person to die in the windshield. I don't know that there was any evidence left at the scene, except perhaps a little glass? IDK.

That just happened out side of my work last week.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/11/1887955/wichita-doctor-arrested-in-connection.html

Hit and run drivers don't usually take their victims with them. By the way the car could be a complete red herring. All police say is that the car was driving in the area at the time she supposedly left JR's apartment and headed back to hers. They don't appear to have any evidence that the car is connected to her in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18