IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't show up at friend's place at 2:51 am. She exited the valley at 2:51 am. I watched the press-conference.

I agree with Mrsu's post above. Appears to be as close to confirmed now (Updated:5:08 p.m.):

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110616,0,1518395.story

2:51 a.m. - Witness says Lauren shows up at a friend's place on 11th Street

"We know there was a visit to this apartment complex of 11th and Morton," said Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters.

Another couple of things I'm wondering.

It wasn't reported that Jesse went to try to get into LS's apartment prior to asking HT for the key, right?

From the reports, it seems as if he went to get the key to get in the apartment rather than knock or buzz first, right?

A few possibilities:

1. Already discussed that he thought she'd be sleeping and wanted to go and check on her.

2. Already discussed that he was trying to cover his tracks, but knew she wouldn't be there.

3. Just crossed my mind that he went there to either "spy" on her, like look through her computer or belongings for evidence of cheating. The perfect opportunity would be if HT was in class and LS was missing, he could be in the apartment alone to snoop...or get rid of anything prior to the PD coming to her apartment?

Just another far stretch of the imagination.

What came to my mind is that IF he was sure she wasn't there, and he believed she was missing and might be in danger, he might've gone to her apartment looking for clues to where she might've gone or who she might be with. He would've looked for notes with names and phone numbers, calendar notes, anything that would point to her whereabouts. Not because he wanted to spy on her, but because he was worried. That's pretty normal when a loved one disappears.

I agree with Mrsu's post above. Appears to be as close to confirmed now (Updated:5:08 p.m.):

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110616,0,1518395.story

2:51 a.m. - Witness says Lauren shows up at a friend's place on 11th Street

"We know there was a visit to this apartment complex of 11th and Morton," said Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters.

No, she entered the alley at 2:48, and exited the valley at 2:51. They have videos at both entrance and exit of the valley, and that's how they know the exact time. You can watch the actual press-conference if you are still not convinced.

"Here’s the timeline:
1:46 a.m. — Enters Kilroy’s Sports Bar.
2:27 a.m. — Exits Kilroy’s
2:48 a.m. — Enters a North/South alley between 10th and College Apartments and 10th and College Village.
2:51 a.m. — Exits the alley, heading toward an empty lot north of 10th & College Village Apartments.
4:30 a.m. — Last seen at 11th and College Ave."
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ren-Spierer-s-last-movements?odyssey=nav|head

Nope, no couches.

The lobby on each floor, (above the 1st floor), is only twice the size of the elevators.
It has to be, because it is a double elevator shaft. 2 elevators run side by side.

There is no furniture, other than a small trash can.

The exception is the elevator on the west. Its lobby is barely bigger than the elevator. Its a single elevator shaft. There is no furniture there either.

There is no furniture in the main lobby of the main floor either.

Thanks BTown. For some reason... the word lobby reminds me of a comfortable bigger place... like a hotel lobby or something. What you describe seams more like a hallway. But lobby = entranceway so yeah it is a lobby.

Yes, but we dont know who actually picked them up from the bar.

If anyone besides the PD picked them up, they could have been tampered with. Phone numbers, photos, texts, or voicemails could have been deleted before turning them over to police.

LE will find out what was deleted or tampered with.

Not MSM

www.tonygatto.com reports a new witness saw LS "completely out of it" at 3:38 at the corner of 10th and College with a man that she says isn't one of the POIs.

That really doesn't make much sense. The timing would be all wrong. And what did this witness do when this witness supposedly saw all this? Nothing?

I'm not from the area sleuthinginca, but here's my experience with cameras/lobbbies/elevators when I lived in a luxury apartment during university (as well as visited people in other nice accommodations). The area where you wait for the elevator can be called a lobby; my apartment had two sides: the elevators on the "side" entrance had no cushy lounge area, but could still be called a lobby. On the other side of the street, where you had to pass the security to get in (the "main" entrance where the leasing office was), each floor had actual lounges in which to study or sit. Neither type of lobby had security cams on them (though the side entrance had 'em in the hallway leading to the elevators), but all the elevators themselves had cameras in them, and this setup is common to almost all luxury student apartments where I'm from (east coaster).

If Smallwood has a similar setup of cameras, then it might be that the fighting was caught in the elevator itself. Not a lot of space for LS, CR, and an estimated 3-5 buddies of JW to throw punches w/o getting caught in the crossfire themselves. My guess is that the boys didn't plan to ambush CR but met the pair on their way to another party. They saw CR getting handsy w/ LS and then punched him spur of the moment. They might have decided to nix going to LS's apartment so that they'd avoid confrontation, but it doesn't make sense why she didn't at least text HT to give her a pair of flip-flops using CR's phone. Unless she forgot HT's # since people rarely memorize phone nos anymore, or she was worried about HT sleeping bc she had class the next day.

But it's all speculation on my part. Anyone actually been in Smallwood who can tell us what the actual layout of the lobbies, elevators, and cameras are like?

What I don't get is how people are reading that JW and JW's dad fought CR after LS was missing. I thought JW came to confront CR, and LS's dad was there to witness it. Why was JW's dad in Bloomwood if the family home is in NY?

Not MSM

www.tonygatto.com

TonyGatto.com has spoken to the witness who says she saw an extremely inebriated Lauren Spierer with the man at 3:38 a.m on Friday, June 3 at the corner of 10th St. and College Ave. in downtown Bloomington. At one point the man slung Lauren over his shoulder.

Police have not acknowledged the incident.

According to the witness, who works as a manager at a local bar, Lauren Speirer was incoherent, her eyes nearly closed and at one point she fell and banged her head.

The witness describes the mystery man as dark-skinned, about 5 feet, nine inches, 160 pounds, defined facial bone-structure and pointed, thin, rounded sideburns. She says he was wearing a polo-style shirt.

WOW! If this is true! Holy cow!!

That really doesn't make much sense. The timing would be all wrong. And what did this witness do when this witness supposedly saw all this? Nothing?

Worth looking into, but I have to agree, why would CR / MB / JR say she was there if she wasn't?
They have absolutely nothing to gain by saying she was with them if she wasn't.

My question would be how does this witness know it was LS? Could have been any random drunk blonde girl?

Wow. Certainly new and interesting details, but have yet to be confirmed.

IF this witnesses story is true, then why did JR say he saw her at 4:30 at the corner of 11th and College?
Exactly! Very odd.

Worth looking into, but I have to agree, why would CR / MB / JR say she was there if she wasn't?
They have absolutely nothing to gain by saying she was with them if she wasn't.

My question would be how does this witness know it was LS? Could have been any random drunk blonde girl?

And also it wouldn't make much sense for JR to claim she left at 4:30 am if she left an hour earlier. The later she left, the more time she supposedly spend JR's apartment, so he has nothing to gain by claiming she left at 4:30 am if she left an hour before.

<snipped by me>

What I don't get is how people are reading that JW and JW's dad fought CR after LS was missing. I thought JW came to confront CR, and LS's dad was there to witness it. Why was JW's dad in Bloomwood if the family home is in NY?

If you're referring my posts and to the video I was trying to find, I never said that JW and JW's dad fought CR.

I was purely alluding to a video that I watched in which I thought I recalled them saying that, however I never claimed it to be true and also stated that I was trying to locate the video in which I thought I heard that reported. I chalked it up to shotty reporting because I spent over an hour viewing my internet history and couldn't find it so either it was deleted or I completely misunderstood something else that was reported.

Re: posted upthread that Jesse's dad never left NY..

Jesse's frat brother that was interviewed about Jesse's roomates not even having been interviewed by LE and says that Jesse went to bed at 2:30am the morning of Laurens disappearance.. In tge same article he stated that Jesse's father flew in and arrived in Bloomington Saturday, June 4.

Jesse's father was in Bloomington immediately following tg disappearance.. Hang on and ill post the link

ETA: here's quote and link:
friend told Fox59 News that the Bloomington police searched Wolf's apartment but not all of his roommates had been interviewed. The friend did not express surprise when he was told that detectives are considering whether recreational drug use may play a role in their investigation of Spierer's disappearance.The friend said Wolff's father arrived in Bloomington from Port Washington, New York, that weekend.http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...dents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story*

How would this witness know who all of the 10 POI's are?

If you read the article it says she didn't identify him as being in any of the 6 or 7 photos that were shown her. Seems suspicious, but she came forward for some reason.

No, she entered the alley at 2:48, and exited the valley at 2:51. They have videos at both entrance and exit of the valley, and that's how they know the exact time. You can watch the actual press-conference if you are still not convinced.

"Here’s the timeline:
1:46 a.m. — Enters Kilroy’s Sports Bar.
2:27 a.m. — Exits Kilroy’s
2:48 a.m. — Enters a North/South alley between 10th and College Apartments and 10th and College Village.
2:51 a.m. — Exits the alley, heading toward an empty lot north of 10th & College Village Apartments.
4:30 a.m. — Last seen at 11th and College Ave."
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ren-Spierer-s-last-movements?odyssey=nav|head

I agree with this. I saw the presser too and Qualter's said 2:51am is when she is last seen on video in the alley at the gravel lot heading toward the boys' apts. He never says it was confirmed she was there. Everything that happened after that video has been given to LE from the POI's, not video. He did make it a point to make that distinction.

I'm wondering if JR could have been out of it and meant she left at 3:30am vs. 4:30am?

But that wouldn't fit with HT's claim that JR said Lauren called DR at 4:15am from his phone.

I do agree though, what does this person (and apparently a female) have to gain from lying about all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18