IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at the white 'cover' that partially covers the truck bed, the more I think it is an optical illusion and just a glare or reflection from the inside of the truck bed. (which would be white)

MOO

wm

Btown your pics are great. I just looked at the catch up thread. I did see some plastic used at the construction site.

Respectfully snipped for clarity.

I also saw them. It is not unusual to see them there. They roost nearby at a department of transportation facility between hwy 37 and BHSN, and "hang out" at that quarry.

I see them almost every day. It was unusual to see so many in the air at once though.

Ok, thanks! It was creepy. I have never seen so many at one time. They seemed to be directly over a wooded lot right before you get to the Quarry between two houses. But if they hang out at the quarry anyway...

The unlined truck bed gets me. What construction worker (or anyone who actually uses their truck for, well, truck-like purposes) would have an unlined bed? And if they have fancy rims it's not like they couldn't afford a liner.

I think the 'writing' is some kind of decal and that truck isn't used for work.

Several posts back someone posted that they their fiddling with photoshop, etc. made them think the image could be a helmet on a person and they had a drawing. That type of helmet depicted is used in BMX and Motocross racing. Which got me thinking, maybe it wasn't equipment in the back of the truck but...here comes a big hypothesis: what if the driver of the truck (if it is the same truck) circled the block because he was waiting for someone to come out (limited parking others say), they loaded the bike and were driving to a competition somewhere....with a BMX bike, the racer might have wanted to stay in the back of the truck to "baby" the wheels..these bikes are very lightweight and get out of alignment easily..wearing the helmet because they are heading off to a competition somewhere...with sports like BMX, the racers accumulate points in various races for standings so early morning drives to some farflung place just wouldn't be at all unusual...actually it's not unusual with any sport where one plays fairly competitively......to me, it makes more sense for a short bed truck. Having been around construction for years, short bed is just not they way they go. It also more explains the fancier rims....otherwise the logical is "early morning" pilfering...also common on construction sites. BMX bikes can be very expensive. My grandson kept his in the living room. One would not chain it in a parking garage.

The unlined truck bed gets me. What construction worker (or anyone who actually uses their truck for, well, truck-like purposes) would have an unlined bed? And if they have fancy rims it's not like they couldn't afford a liner.

I think the 'writing' is some kind of decal and that truck isn't used for work.

But work doesn't necessarily mean construction.

In my experince, guys who use their trucks for any sort of hauling, pretty quickly put in a bed liner if the truck doesn't come with one...that's why I got to thinking about the BMX idea...or something similar...the driver doing someone a favor possibly.....wearing the helmet, if that's what it was, because of heading to the interstate etc.

Does anyone know who / what company does the road construction? It seems they could drive their own truck to the job site. If they do that sort of work, it is likely they would have 'stuff' in the back of the truck unlike someone that just worked at a bank etc.

I saw a 'could be' truck yesterday leaving town heading west on 46 towards the 37 intersection. It had a compact flattened utility trailer behind it, with a yellow tie around it. Sort of like, they were done with their work for the week.

Also to the person who posted the craigs list truck for sale. Is it normal for people to want cash only for a large purchase (15,500$) the person didn't photograph the passenger side of the truck. He posted it in Bloomington and Illinois but maybe he meant it to be Bloomington Illinois?

The black rim around the top of the truck bed, does that indicate a liner or is that just part of the truck?

Btown your pics are great. I just looked at the catch up thread. I did see some plastic used at the construction site.

Can you post what picture has the plastic, so I can see what you are asking about?

The black rim around the top of the truck bed, does that indicate a liner or is that just part of the truck?

I think they come stock like that to prevent dings and scuffs around the top edge of the bed, not an indicator of a bed liner.

The more I look at the white 'cover' that partially covers the truck bed, the more I think it is an optical illusion and just a glare or reflection from the inside of the truck bed. (which would be white)

MOO

wm

It makes u crazy! I have seen so many things with these shadows etc. But would not the black be noticeable anyway that was near or on the tailgate?

I definitely see a round spool of silver/gray cable where the 'left elbow' of the person shadow is. Do u see it? It has a black center. Between the white "cover" close to the passengers side and the beginning of the elevation of the shadow.

Could be a body of an animal they are circling.

I will see if the wife will let me go look around there today, if the rain holds off, but that is not how I want to find Lauren.
I wish her to be found alive and well.

img00183201106141729.jpg

Ah, yes. I see the plastic in the pic, but I don't know anything about it except that its basically right across the street from 5 North apartments where the boys lived on 11th Street.

I will see if the wife will let me go look around there today, if the rain holds off, but that is not how I want to find Lauren.
I wish her to be found alive and well.

I wish I could think of a scenario where this would be the case, but I can't. Even supposing she was kidnapped and is somehow still alive...I can't imagine she would be well. And with the chances of her being able to ID the person or persons, her outlook probably dims.

%$%^& find the truck :(
This needs to be ruled in or out.
Can't believe it has not been found.

driver1f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for my sloppy pictures. I need some practice. :) I just have to post this, the arrow points to the forehead. The line points to the shoulder. It looks to me like his hand is on the steering wheel, he is looking down, (avoiding camera?) I see the forehead, hairline, ear, his elbow on the door.

Ok, promise I won't post anymore shadows! It just creeped me out because I instantly saw the image of a man in this pic. I tried to put little black dots on the outline.

[/B]

I wish I could think of a scenario where this would be the case, but I can't. Even supposing she was kidnapped and is somehow still alive...I can't imagine she would be well. And with the chances of her being able to ID the person or persons, her outlook probably dims.

%$%^& find the truck :(
This needs to be ruled in or out.
Can't believe it has not been found.

Think of Elizabeth Smart!

Think of Elizabeth Smart!

Always a chance...but so many more that have ended the other way. If this was an abduction by chance, it may lessen her chances of being kept alive. I think Elizabeth was chosen specifically. But again, there is always a chance. I just hope she is found, either way. I can't imagine not knowing.

Not to compare at all, but my cat fell through the screen yesterday and I spent an hour looking for him, finally did find him in the shrubs, dirty and scared, and during that time, I was having a sort of panic attack. What must the Spierers and other families with missing loved ones endure, I cannot imagine.

Ok, let me think out loud. If I was driving that truck what would I be thinking? Obviously I'm making assumptions, but I'm either trying to dispose of a body (either from an accident or a murder) or I've just kidnapped a girl. I may or may not have her (and/or an accomplice of mine) in the bed of the truck. I may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No matter what, I'm nervous and, obviously, don't want to be pulled over by police or seen by very many people. I have at least a decent knowledge of Bloomington geography and habits. I want to get LS out of my truck as quickly as possible.

Where would I go?

We know from LE that this truck turned north on Morton on its last go-round, correct?

I would not want to go back around the block and head down Walnut. It's a main road and even though there's not a ton of traffic out I know that if I encounter a cop he may follow me simply because of the hour/boredom. Further, I wouldn't want to go towards campus. Too many people, plus IUPD as well as BPD.

I would know that by 4:30 am the west side of Bloomington would be starting to wake up as people head to work at Cook/Baxter/etc.

I wouldn't take her out to the bypass because of the ridiculous mess they've made of it.

So where would *I* take her? I'd head south on Rogers. Even if I don't get onto 37 south towards Bedford (I really don't want to drive 60 down the highway with my buddy holding a girl down in the back, if that's what was happening) there are plenty of wooded areas south of Bloomington where I could do what I wanted and then get rid of her.

After all, there was that girl who was raped on Rails to Trails there by Rogers/Country Club in the middle of the afternoon a few years ago.

I live on the south side of Bloomington and since Legends/Roosters/whatever its name was closed there is not a lot of traffic late at night. During the school year my husband goes to work at that time and he often doesn't see a passing car until he hits campus (and then it's an IUPD patrol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member