IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they would freak out if they supplied her the drugs. That can get you charged with a felony in many instances. Thinking about going through that and having it on your record could be a very, very scary thing for a college kid.

As for the body...I went to two different colleges far from home and I know experience with the surrounding area is not uncommon. The area's recreation spots, lakes and quarries are the obvious choices in Indiana. Obviously we've seen lake searches for Lauren already. They also know how to get out of town and there is the possibility they just put her in a wooded area not far off the road. That has happened in other cases.

I have a vague inkling that what they'd do is hide the body indoors and transport it somewhere slightly more familiar at a later date. Which is what makes JR and JW's skipping out of town more troubling.

For me, if I was involved in drugs, I'd get rid of my stash, drag the body to the bathroom, and call the cops. Then I'd act really surprised that she'd done drugs in my apartment when all I'd given her is alcohol, and just take the underage/supplying a minor charge that I'd already had. Or just drive her to the emergency room and beat it.

I've convinced myself that LS died in the company of at least one POI, word spread along with depravity, and they disposed of the body. I'm guessing she was dead by 3:00/3:30.
Conveniently, both CR and JW claim to be sound asleep by then. JR uses 4:15 because that is when the body was taken or there about. I guess he might possibly be honest in saying "I watched her turn the corner (in the bed of a pick up truck).

****Above BBM respectfully****

I had the same thought, Blythe.

wm

I have a vague inkling that what they'd do is hide the body indoors and transport it somewhere slightly more familiar at a later date. Which is what makes JR and JW's skipping out of town more troubling.

For me, if I was involved in drugs, I'd get rid of my stash, drag the body to the bathroom, and call the cops. Then I'd act really surprised that she'd done drugs in my apartment when all I'd given her is alcohol, and just take the underage/supplying a minor charge that I'd already had. Or just drive her to the emergency room and beat it.

Either that or dispose of it as quickly and as far away as possible. These "scholars" have grown up on crime shows, not to mention "Dexter", which is JW's fav if you believe his FB.

That makes sense but at the same time it might be a different matter when a young person is panicking, knowing that he was the one who gave her the drugs and knowing that the police will figure out he was one of the last people with Lauren. It's probably easy to think about going to prison, and having a promising future flushed down the toilet in that situation and not every young person is going to do the right thing. I think of somebody like 22 year old Bradyn Fuksa, who abandoned his life and disappeared after he was caught stealing money from his employer. It would have resulted in a relatively minor charge for Bradyn but it seems like he freaked out, overreacted and disappeared.

Anyway, I don't know what the probability of an accidental overdose and coverup would be but I do think it is possible.

I didn't get too caught up in this case at first. I felt the truth would come from within the circle of friends she had. After 2 weeks and them posting the truck picture my interest grew. So much info has been posted on this case, it is difficult catching up. I read one or two complete threads and went back and listened to some of the broadcasts.
The last two days I have been studying the truck. I am almost an expert in white trucks now. :) There are plenty of them. Yesterday I saw 8 'could be's" just between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 pm. On a route the POI could have taken. I saw too many just white trucks to count.

One thing... I have looked at the truck pictures over and over, but the first few times it seems the object that some may see as a left elbow on the 'person in the bed' is definitely a roll of sliver wire or cable. IMO. I saw it plain as day. The shadow stuff seems it could be bubble wrap.

How do they know this is the same truck? The first one doesn't look like it has anything in it? If not the same truck that would maybe indicate it is a company from around there and there are tons of trucks parked doing road construction.

Hi,
Just joined this website after reading the forums for a while. Felt compelled to post something I've been able to get in working with the truck surveillance images in Photoshop.

I did not at first think there was any possibility of a body in the bed of the truck, but after some Photoshop enhancements I think there might be something there.

Take a look and see what you think.

More on the truck. I think they are correct when it they say it is a Silverado, the Dodge? that someone has mentioned, the front is more rounded. I first look at the windows, then make sure it is a four door, then the handles. In the pic the handles look black but I think they are silver. The Silverado the handles are horizontal. Then I look for the black around the edge of the bed and the lifted / rounded wheels. After your eye gets use to it, this truck is very distinquishable from what I call "old man" truck. I had the picture open on one side of my computer and then watched youtube video's of trucks. The truck is worrisome because I would have thought someone would have came forward and said 'hey that was me.' If they work all day and don't watch televison they might not know. If it hasn't been done, the truck picture should be put on posts and convenient stores around the area.

Hi,
Just joined this website after reading the forums for a while. Felt compelled to post something I've been able to get in working with the truck surveillance images in Photoshop.

I did not at first think there was any possibility of a body in the bed of the truck, but after some Photoshop enhancements I think there might be something there.

Take a look and see what you think.

Hi! I just joined as well. Your pictures are very clear. It is earie the shadowing, but the 'left elbow', I saw it as clearly a round cable of wire. The first pic of the truck the bed looked empty? If this is the same truck, it seems he could have picked up something, and put the cover over the bottom half, then would have had to push what was there forward to make room? As some have pointed out it could be just white in the first picture but the form of the tailgate is clearly seen, so I sort of ruled that out?

someone asked this long ago but the question is still a good one.

if a man is going to abduct a woman from the street, why place her in the back of the truck for any passing cop, motorist or pedestrian to see when it looks like this truck had a back interior seating area where she could have been placed out of view?

I've never owned a pick up truck, but I would think it is far more work to put someone in the back of the truck than to put her in the back seat.

I need to catch up on this thread but wanted to throw out there that I took my husband to work this morning and saw a truck matching the phone in the photo (in body, I didn't see the tire rims). It has Kenny Bland Auctions on the front doors and their logo on the back doors. Both are a blue color.

I know it's a long shot but I emailed the police tipline just in case. I know that about ten years ago one of Bland's sons (Kenny Jr, I think) and his buddies robbed a friend of mine at Griffy Lake. They beat him up so badly he had a stroke.

The photo from 4:14am:

0615-truck2.jpg

The photo from 4:24am:
alg_spierer_truck.jpg

It seems to me that the truck bed is empty in photo 1, and obviously not in photo 2.

I think if this truck is something completely unrelated we will find out within the next 72 hours, because it's too identifiable of a truck with the writing and the unique rims to not have someone come forward. If we don't hear anything I'd be pretty suspicious.

I never said they did. I was eluding to the fact that someone posted here about the coke and xanax and now it's all of a sudden posted by Mr. Gatto. Hmmmmm....or perhaps Bloomington is Mr. Gatto?

I'm not Tony Gatto, promise. I also thought it was strange that he posted that entry just after I posted that I heard from a worker at Sports that she was verbally admitting that she was on Xanax and Coke. I know it has been reported to police though, so it's very possible that he did hear this from a witness.

Yes, u would think that they would put her in the back seat. I guess they could be thinking they could use the 'what?! I didn't know anyone was back there.' excuse, but she would have to be passed out.

I thought he could have been stealing equipment, but he would have to have it in his truck all day while working. As someone pointed out it doesn't really look like a macho work truck though.

On one of my 'paint' pictures, the drivers door seemed to show a shadow of a square, and the letters seemed like numbers. Also is that a design by the rear passenger door or the letter E?

I also thought I saw one of those square 'yellow' lights they have on company trucks on top of the truck.

Afterawhile it is like seeing designs in smoke or clouds.

I really feel something is off in the comments from her roommate. Hadar(sp?) is on my list of suspects now due to her conflicting statements and the tone of the statements. She is not out there (that we have seen) pleaing for her friend/roommates return which is also suspicious to me.

IMO opinion the top suspects should be
1. JW (due to statistics, fight at Smallwood, and the behaviour of LS that night)
2. JR (due to this is last person to see LS, does not appear forthcoming, and some conflicting info out about their time together)
3. Roomate (due to suspicious statements IMO to the media and lack of real concern also IMO)
4. Stranger (because always a possibility especially since LS seemed to be putting herself in several dangerous situations that night)

I think you are spot on with the HT and JR. I think HT is covering for JR for some strange reason. I wonder if there are any calls from JR to HT after her last video sighting heading to JR's apartment. She has way too many things to say about all of the people involved yet SHE herself was hardly a witness AT ALL. Unless she is grandstanding and loving the attention that she is getting from all of this (which she could be IMO), I think she was spoken to by the suspect or suspects and perhaps told a story to follow, that they would all follow and for reasons unknown - is on the other side right now.

There has to be a connection between HT and JR. Both persons phone records would tell the story. I'm sure LE has figured her deal out.

My bet is on JR, with a little help from an unknown suspect in a white truck.

0615-truck2.jpg

alg_spierer_truck.jpg

It seems to me that the truck bed is empty in photo 1, and obviously not in photo 2.

I think if this truck is something completely unrelated we will find out within the next 72 hours, because it's too identifiable of a truck with the writing and the unique rims to not have someone come forward. If we don't hear anything I'd be pretty suspicious.

I've not followed all the discussions about the truck but it looks to me that in the first pic here (which is VERY clear) that there is something circular or semi-circular in the right rear of the truck. the left rear is not visible in this pic. [look at the mirror reflection in the building glass, you can see what I'm talking about]

in the second pic, we see the left rear which shows something on that side of the truck's bed. the right side (that had the circular or semi-circular object 10 minutes earlier) is not shown.

again forgive me if this has been asked but what exactly is the white cover on the back made of? is it tarp-like material or is there more substance to it?

in the second pic it looks like the cover is bent near the object on the left rear of the truck.

FYI:

If you'd like to catch up on your reading this weekend, or want to go back and review an item you read previously, Imamaze, one our WS moderators, maintains a log of the daily news articles about Lauren. Her format is nicely organized and easy to scan, like a newsfeed. You can search by topic using the "Search this Thread" feature at the top of the thread.

The thread is in the Missing! Timeline Forum and Media Links

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6703994#post6703994"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 * Media Links* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You can view Btown's photos and others in this thread under the same sub-forum.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

These links are also in the first post of each of Lauren's threads.

0615-truck2.jpg

alg_spierer_truck.jpg

I think based on the angle of the truck this is impossible to tell. In the first image you see the bed of the truck from the frontmost corner to about the middle of the back gate. That means 3/4 of the truck bed is obscured and 100% of the section near the back windows is obscured. In the second photo you see whatever is in the truck is mostly near that back window ... so it could be there or could not be in the first photo.

There is something in the first photo based on that rounded shape that some people have said is a mower and others a hose or vacuum.

FYI:

If you'd like to catch up on your reading this weekend, or want to go back and review an item you read previously, Imamaze, one our WS moderators, maintains a log of the daily news articles about Lauren. Her format is nicely organized and easy to scan, like a newsfeed. You can search by topic using the "Search this Thread" feature at the top of the thread.

The thread is in the Missing! Timeline Forum and Media Links

IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 * Media Links* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You can view Btown's photos and others in this thread under the same sub-forum.

IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

These links are also in the first post of each of Lauren's threads.

Wow fantastic!!

An abbreviation post would be helpful, with all the initials being thrown around

Great posts

that's a good point, unless maybe they were doing something else illegal.

It's a pretty decent jog to get to highway 37 from right downtown. It's not somewhere you would stumble upon if you were just passing through.

Edited: I clipped the wrong part of the quote. Whatever was asking how far this area is from a major highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member