IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

It was mentioned way back in Thread #1 that Tony Gatto writes a blog, which means he is free to say just about anything. He's not required to check his facts. His information might be true, or it might be a heaping pile of manure. So here's the problem. WS does not allow us to post rumors we hear on the street. By the same token, we should not quote rumors this blogger hears on the street.

I asked my own nearly 20 yr. old university student what he would do in the company of someone in a stupor. After claiming he'd dial 911, he curiously said he'd call me. This isn't a lad who consults me often. I wonder if any parrents, the ones retaining high powered attys. have any information?

BohémskýCharakter;6704873 said:
I think taking xanax and cocaine would be an example of speed balling which is a pretty dangerous thing to do not to mention adding drinking on top of that. I know a guy who when he was in high school regularly used cocaine and had a heart attack when he was only 17. He had no heart problems before that contributed but cocaine can do bad things to your heart. I also had a friend who used to drink and pop pills and sometimes other things on top of that and would get really sick, have seizures, black completely out for hours and think it had only been a few minutes when she came to. Taking xanax, cocaine, and alcohol could be pretty dangerous for anyone but even more so for someone who takes medication daily for a heart problem. I still don't see why anyone would cover up an OD though. I would think there would have to be some other circumstances on top of an OD to cause anyone to panic. I am wondering if she was just not as cautious as she normally would be and accepted a ride from a stranger. I've had guys try to chat me up from their vehicles pretty late at night when I was walking to or from bars on a really popular hangout road in my city. A lot of people like to cruise the roads and act stupid(yell, whistle, rev their engines at girls) around the nightlife areas. Of course 4am would be pretty late to cruise around anywhere. I also can remember one night when I was out with my fiance and his friends I got really upset went off and drank at other bars by myself then wandered around the alleys and side streets off this main popular road pissed off and not really caring about how dangerous that is to do at 3am or so. I wonder if this whole night had anything to do with being upset maybe she was trying to get her mind off of issues and hung out with people she normally didn't and maybe did things she normally wouldn't?

Your point is well taken. However, where it seems to veer from the facts is that there has been NO indication that she was in a fight with JW at all, not one shread of proof of that. Next, everyone mentioned seemed to be friends in this tight knit community. She started off with DR, winds up with CR, then JR, all people she was friends with. No one has indicated how receptive she was regarding strangers or people outside of her group. From the discussions of who she is and the friends last to see her, i got the feeling that she stuck to her close community of friends.

Has anyone heard of these stupid "drugs" being sold under the name bath salts? There have been a lot of reported deaths from this stuff and it's legally available in many places.. Just search the words: bath salts and read about it. I believe it's made in China and is said to have effects similar to meth and or ecstasy. no one even knows what's in it.

IMO, Someone with a heart condition would not handle this stuff so well. I also did some searching and found it is sold in Bloomington.

Had someone overdosed, I find it less likely to be from cocaine, xanax or whatever (though mixing anything is bad). This "Bath Salts" stuff seems more likely, especially since it's so readily available. Young people use whatever is easiest to get these days..

With a prolonged QT interval..........she was rolling the dice using coke (if true).

It would be very easy to go into an arrythmia........code and die.

This is probably way off base, but what if the guy that says he found the keys was involved? Could he be the mysterious dark-skinned stranger that the bartender saw? I only say this because Amin is a South Asian name, and obviously most south Asians are dark-skinned (not being racist as I am one). Maybe AA met up w/ LS at the time, did something to her and ended up w/ her keys, and as he was walking back, they fell out of his pocket when his friend found them later in the gravel lot and placed them on the railing. If he's lying, it's a great way to explain why his prints are on the keys. Though it doesn't match up w/ the timeline and JR's involvement.

What doesn't jive here is that MB confirms that LS brought CR home and they tucked him in and then LS went to JR's - ALL VERBAL after she was last seen very close to her keys. So... yes this is where a big conspiracy theory comes in...
1) Last place she is seen is on cam at end of the Alley.
2) There is "Activity taking place" at the end of that Alley.
3) The purse/keys are found just feet from this location.
4) Amin claims to find the purse/keys just a few minutes after "activity" on cam.

It's really hard to believe that this were all a set up to abduct and sell Lauren into white slavery or some other similar thing. But from the LE wording of "Activity" and the purse/keys being found quite a bit to the left of where the Alley was it seems things could have gone differently than stated by CR/MB/JR. It could have been possible for example that after exiting the Alley someone knocks her on the head and threatens CR. Someone throws her over their shoulder and her purse/keys fall out but they don't realize it.

It is my opinion that by Monday, if nothing new has broken, LE would be well-advised to fill in some blanks, make her timeline as clear as possible, show any other videos they have. Too many missing people stay missing, and LE has to make some tough decisions as to what to share and what to hold back, but if they are not making progress, throw caution to the wind, so to speak, and get the public involved. Secrey by LE is not working in other cases...Holly Bobo for one, who has practically been forgotten by the media. There is no way to know how much help the public can be until you give them the facts, or at the very least, dispel some of the rumors.

As an ex bar waitress, honestly people leave all kinds of stuff at bars. they are socializing, wandering around, thing get misplaced. They come back the next day pick up their stuff, no big deal.

People get drunk, they drop stuff they are not thinking logicly, feeling no pain, barefoot on a warm evening, I don't see the big deal.
These are students study hard, party hard. Most of these people will go on to have successful lives, these times will be blurry memories of the glory days. It is sad that for some this will not be.

I question this "license to party" concept.

They work hard, maybe. Some do, some don't. The degrees they get do not guarantee them a job.

Most college students will soon return home to their parents house, and end up over-qualified in some boring, going-nowhere service economy position with huge debts to repay.

The college "friendships to last a lifetime" quickly fade; after all, what are they based on?

Colleges literally see themselves as corporations: they are merely selling a product (in this case, the college experience) for money.

Are students drinking to celebrate their "glory days," or because they are so depressed that they are basically just wasting time & money that could be better invested starting a life?

Because the students don't have much in common, drinking becomes esp. dangerous. After all, the other students are not true devoted friends, or future spouses.

These crimes occur because people tend to see college as what they think that it is supposed to be, rather than looking at the situation in a more detached and unsentimental way.

I really feel something is off in the comments from her roommate. Hadar(sp?) is on my list of suspects now due to her conflicting statements and the tone of the statements. She is not out there (that we have seen) pleaing for her friend/roommates return which is also suspicious to me.

IMO opinion the top suspects should be
1. JW (due to statistics, fight at Smallwood, and the behaviour of LS that night)
2. JR (due to this is last person to see LS, does not appear forthcoming, and some conflicting info out about their time together)
3. Roomate (due to suspicious statements IMO to the media and lack of real concern also IMO)
4. Stranger (because always a possibility especially since LS seemed to be putting herself in several dangerous situations that night)

They work hard, maybe. Some do, some don't. The degrees they get do not guarantee them a job.

Most college students will soon return home to their parents house, and end up over-qualified in some boring, going-nowhere service economy position with huge debts to repay.

The college "friendships to last a lifetime" quickly fade; after all, what are they based on?

Colleges literally see themselves as corporations: they are merely selling a product (in this case, the college experience) for money.

Are students drinking to celebrate their "glory days," or because they are so depressed that they are basically just wasting time & money that could be better invested starting a life?

Because the students don't have much in common, drinking becomes esp. dangerous. After all, the other students are not true devoted friends, or future spouses.

These crimes occur because people tend to see college as what they think that it is supposed to be, rather than looking at the situation in a more detached and unsentimental way.

Insightful and it may explain a great deal of callous and cowardly behavior.

MISSINGPOSTER-1-3.jpg

Help Find Lauren

“We all know that this Sunday is Father’s Day,” he said. His wife, Charlene, held his arm and kissed his shoulder. “I would ask any of the children out there to let your parents know...”

Robert continued.

“Let your parents know how much you love them,” he said. “Parents, let your children know how much you love them.”
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81953

Someone upthread mentioned Holly Bobo... Strange coincidence that HB and LS are both blonde co-eds related to famous people. HB is related to some country singer. I won't link b/c I'm not sure if it's allowed, but search Tamara Braun's tweets. Many of you Americans on the board may know her as Carly Corninthos 2 on General Hospital/Reese from All My Children/Ava from Days of Our Lives. She's a distant cousin through marriage to LS. I doubt there's a real connection other than those coincidences, but it's interesting to think about.

Here you go, Ingra. :ignore:

Yes, what is up with this guy? Posting scurrilous tales about Lauren from anonymous sources amounts to gossip and victim bashing. So what's his agenda?

I personally wrote him off as a legitimate source of info when he wrote:

"The witness describes the mystery man as dark-skinned, about 5 feet, nine inches, 160 pounds, defined facial bone-structure and pointed, thin, rounded sideburns."

I'm still trying to picture how someone can have both "pointed" ,"long", AND "rounded" sideburns?

My mother used to say that youth is wasted on the young. There's time enough to grow old and cynical, so why not enjoy today?
I still have my college friends and it's been going on 30+ years since I graduated. So do my closest "home" friends. I only hope and pray that Lauren will too down the road.
Where are you Lauren?

Let's try a thought experiment: You're a college guy late on a night of partying and the girl you're with suddenly dies (let's ignore cause of death for now). One or two of your friends (at most) are with you and know what happened. Somehow you decide/agree to ditch the body and never tell anyone anything. What do you do next? Here are some factors to get the experiment going ...

- One of you may be sober and able to think clearly. That guy would be able to prevent any drunk/high mistakes from the others.
- You and friends are not hardened criminals, not even close. You don't know the details of crime scene cleanup. But you do know they could take your computer so Google is a limited option.
- You're freaking out hardcore. She's DEAD man! (Which can actually make you more sober than you otherwise would be - flight or fight kicks in).
- Calling someone else for help expands the number of people who "know" and greatly increases the risk of getting caught.
- You may be involved with the drugs she was doing. You may fear getting caught with a stash.

What do you do?

The people who responded to this earlier seemed to think that you call 911, and this makes sense. Even if these guys had 5 kilos and an AK-47 in the closet, it's much easier to hide that stuff than it is a human body. What scenario would make them freak out enough to decide to dump Lauren?

Also, once they decided to, how to do it? These are East Coasters, not Indiana boys. It's not like they know the countryside and the perfect "back 80" to get rid of something. They wouldn't have had shovels, tarps, rope, or anything like that. Put yourself in their skin, what do you do with the body?

The people who responded to this earlier seemed to think that you call 911, and this makes sense. Even if these guys had 5 kilos and an AK-47 in the closet, it's much easier to hide that stuff than it is a human body. What scenario would make them freak out enough to decide to dump Lauren?

Also, once they decided to, how to do it? These are East Coasters, not Indiana boys. It's not like they know the countryside and the perfect "back 80" to get rid of something. They wouldn't have had shovels, tarps, rope, or anything like that. Put yourself in their skin, what do you do with the body?

I think they would freak out if they supplied her the drugs. That can get you charged with a felony in many instances. Thinking about going through that and having it on your record could be a very, very scary thing for a college kid.

As for the body...I went to two different colleges far from home and I know experience with the surrounding area is not uncommon. The area's recreation spots, lakes and quarries are the obvious choices in Indiana. Obviously we've seen lake searches for Lauren already. They also know how to get out of town and there is the possibility they just put her in a wooded area not far off the road. That has happened in other cases.

... The person you may know that does Coke is maybe just 1 or 2 degrees of separation away from organized crime of some sort.

So while it doesn't seem likely, such a conspiracy and efficiency is possible. So far the peculiar circumstances, evidence and odd behaviors do not rule it out... right?

To sort of riff off of this statement... I thought of this while reading the above post and it's just a theory. Something to consider -There is definitely an illegal drug scene in most college towns. Where there is a drug scene there is a LOT of money out there involved in it. Some of it is local, some of it has connections to syndicates in larger nearby cities. Add to that, this could involve East Coasters with a lot of money to blow and connections from New York.

IF it's a part of what happened to LS what are the odds money has been spread around to distract and/or confuse things?

Who believes she most likely abducted? Who that she OD'd or had heart failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!