IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they had her on video surveillance leaving her apartment complex at 12:30 a.m.

I thought they had her on video surveillance leaving her apartment complex at 12:30 a.m.

I am sure they also have her on video entering the bar at 1:46 am, since that's on the official police timeline.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...-was-thrown-out-of-bar-alone-not-with-friend/

A person close to the case says Spierer was in a “stupor” as early as midnight and that she “was pouring her heart out” about being drunk and high on Cocaine and Xanax. This same person says Spierer was at Kilroy’s Sports for at least 45 minutes alone, not with her friend Corey Rossman. News reports to this point had placed Rossman with Spierer at the bar, but sources who were at Kilroy’s Sports at that time say they never saw Rossman.

Bloomington police confirm that Spierer and Rossman entered her apartment complex, Smallwood Plaza, at about 12:30 a.m.

Spierer’s apartment is just about a block from Kilroy’s Sports. This raises the possibility that Spierer met-up with Rossman on the street, between the bar and her apartment complex.

I also thought HT said that she was with Lauren at Smallwood until 12:30 am. This Tony Gatto guy is confusing me and this article makes me trust him less.

I am sure they also have her on video entering the bar at 1:46 am, since that's on the official police timeline.

Yes, and if she had been kicked out, it doesn't seem like they'd let her back in 2 hours later.

She has to be on video entering the bar at 1:46 am and exiting it at 2:27 am, since that is the official timeline just released by police. No doubt police looked at the video to confirm these times. I presume CR would have been with her during this time. Nobody was claiming he was there before midnight, as far as I can tell.

The reporting on this case is beginning to sound, ominously, like that in Holly Bobo's case, and LE has not so far cleared things up in either one. Nor have they found either young woman. Where is all the secrecy getting them?

Yes, and if she had been kicked out, it doesn't seem like they'd let her back in 2 hours later.

Even assuming she was kicked out and then came back, would be the significance of CR not being there before midnight? Nobody was saying he was there before midnight.

I cannot help but think about Wade Steffey the Purdue student who went missing after attending a frat party and was found 2 months later in an electrical room, he apparently was trying to gain entrance to his dorm because he forgot/lost his key.

I cannot help but think about Wade Steffey the Purdue student who went missing after attending a frat party and was found 2 months later in an electrical room, he apparently was trying to gain entrance to his dorm because he forgot/lost his key.

Yes, but I presume with all the searches it's unlikely similar thing happened to Lauren, or they would have found the body already.

Yes, but I presume with all the searches it's unlikely similar thing happened to Lauren, or they would have found the body already.

You'd like to think so, anyway...
But would there be closets, etc. unlocked in her buidling, I wonder, if she could not get into her apartment?
Although in two weeks, sadly enough there would be a strong odor...

I would hope so I just cannot get it off my mind, they searched "around" his Dorm, Owens Hall several times and this room was normally always locked and was reported that when the area was searched it was locked and not opened and searched due to the fact that it was always locked

If Lauren was as "wasted" as we are hearing...why was SHE walking CR home? I am not believing the "he was injured by the punch" thing anyway. Did they both just stagger off together to get away from the melee in the lobby? I am also still wondering if maybe he carried her, if her feet hurt, and that could be the activity LE sees on the tape. Of course, CR can't remember anything, so he doesn't have to worry about his stories matching any others...

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...-was-thrown-out-of-bar-alone-not-with-friend/

A person close to the case says Spierer was in a “stupor” as early as midnight and that she “was pouring her heart out” about being drunk and high on Cocaine and Xanax. This same person says Spierer was at Kilroy’s Sports for at least 45 minutes alone, not with her friend Corey Rossman. News reports to this point had placed Rossman with Spierer at the bar, but sources who were at Kilroy’s Sports at that time say they never saw Rossman.

Bloomington police confirm that Spierer and Rossman entered her apartment complex, Smallwood Plaza, at about 12:30 a.m.

Spierer’s apartment is just about a block from Kilroy’s Sports. This raises the possibility that Spierer met-up with Rossman on the street, between the bar and her apartment complex.

I think taking xanax and cocaine would be an example of speed balling which is a pretty dangerous thing to do not to mention adding drinking on top of that. I know a guy who when he was in high school regularly used cocaine and had a heart attack when he was only 17. He had no heart problems before that contributed but cocaine can do bad things to your heart. I also had a friend who used to drink and pop pills and sometimes other things on top of that and would get really sick, have seizures, black completely out for hours and think it had only been a few minutes when she came to. Taking xanax, cocaine, and alcohol could be pretty dangerous for anyone but even more so for someone who takes medication daily for a heart problem. I still don't see why anyone would cover up an OD though. I would think there would have to be some other circumstances on top of an OD to cause anyone to panic. I am wondering if she was just not as cautious as she normally would be and accepted a ride from a stranger. I've had guys try to chat me up from their vehicles pretty late at night when I was walking to or from bars on a really popular hangout road in my city. A lot of people like to cruise the roads and act stupid(yell, whistle, rev their engines at girls) around the nightlife areas. Of course 4am would be pretty late to cruise around anywhere. I also can remember one night when I was out with my fiance and his friends I got really upset went off and drank at other bars by myself then wandered around the alleys and side streets off this main popular road pissed off and not really caring about how dangerous that is to do at 3am or so. I wonder if this whole night had anything to do with being upset maybe she was trying to get her mind off of issues and hung out with people she normally didn't and maybe did things she normally wouldn't?

Thanks Ingra!

Indiana University student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

Now who is this friend? I can't put my finger on it but something about the keys bothers me.

http://www.lohud.com/article/2011061...n-his-roommate

This is probably way off base, but what if the guy that says he found the keys was involved? Could he be the mysterious dark-skinned stranger that the bartender saw? I only say this because Amin is a South Asian name, and obviously most south Asians are dark-skinned (not being racist as I am one). Maybe AA met up w/ LS at the time, did something to her and ended up w/ her keys, and as he was walking back, they fell out of his pocket when his friend found them later in the gravel lot and placed them on the railing. If he's lying, it's a great way to explain why his prints are on the keys. Though it doesn't match up w/ the timeline and JR's involvement.

I also wanted to add that a lot of people in my age group go to Bloomington to party with friends attending IU. They don't always stay the night or weekend either and just drive back home. It is pretty common for people to go up there from my county right outside of Louisville, KY and come back in the early morning. Maybe this truck was someone who was in Bloomington to hang out with friends who go to school there.

BohémskýCharakter;6704873 said:
I wonder if this whole night had anything to do with being upset maybe she was trying to get her mind off of issues and hung out with people she normally didn't and maybe did things she normally wouldn't?

snipped by me

I think that is certainly possible. I have read rumors in comments threads that Lauren and JW were in an argument, although there aren't any media accounts about it. For me, that might explain why JW didn't come over to look for her earlier.
jmo

If Lauren was as "wasted" as we are hearing...why was SHE walking CR home? I am not believing the "he was injured by the punch" thing anyway. Did they both just stagger off together to get away from the melee in the lobby? I am also still wondering if maybe he carried her, if her feet hurt, and that could be the activity LE sees on the tape. Of course, CR can't remember anything, so he doesn't have to worry about his stories matching any others...

When I am drunk, I am excessively polite. I'd do it anyway, but I'm even MORE careful then about seeing my (equally if not moreso) drunk friends safely back to their apartments. Luckily nothing's ever happened to me on the way back (alone, gulp!). LS may have done stuff like this before and thought she'd be fine. Plus, drugs and alcohol impair judgment; people often think they can drive home after drinking, but that doesn't mean they're actually able to. I agree w/ the feet hurting thing. My guy friends often do that (or offer to) for girls who've made poor choices in footwear. It doesn't seem like it'd be easy to walk home barefoot in a place w/ all that construction, but alcohol also impairs sensation, so who knows.

Seems to me Mr. Gatto is getting his sources from some of what is posted here. (*waves :seeya: to Mr. Gatto*)

:waitasec:

This is probably way off base, but what if the guy that says he found the keys was involved? Could he be the mysterious dark-skinned stranger that the bartender saw? I only say this because Amin is a South Asian name, and obviously most south Asians are dark-skinned (not being racist as I am one). Maybe AA met up w/ LS at the time, did something to her and ended up w/ her keys, and as he was walking back, they fell out of his pocket when his friend found them later in the gravel lot and placed them on the railing. If he's lying, it's a great way to explain why his prints are on the keys. Though it doesn't match up w/ the timeline and JR's involvement.

I guess we don't even know if his friend existed, so he could have just placed them on the railing himself. Though they may have verified his story with video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3