IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there must be cameras on the roads that lead away from downtown-have we heard LE request those? To see which way the truck headed and try to get a plate? I would think if they were making such requests, they would have to do it publicly as how would they know who might have cameras? Or are they doing all of this in secret?

I thought this truck would be easy to identify, but I change my mind.

Yesterday I was at the gas station getting gas, and I looked in front of me and there was a chevy silverado and a dodge dakota. BOTH look so much like the truck we have been seeing in pictures. It seems everywhere I look now, I see Chevy Silverados that look similar to this truck. If it's not a Chevy, it's the dodge dakota, even the new F150 looks somewhat like it.

Bottom line is these trucks are a dime a dozen. Also, this grainy surv. tape makes it looks like it would be a construction truck, but out of the dozens I've seen, they all just look like nice little trucks to be bop around in, even the one with some jacked up rims. I did see one with a business on the side, but it was a computer type business.

I think in people's mind they are looking for a construction type truck, probably a little bent up from tools etc. and I'm not so sure this is the case with this truck.

It could possibly be owned by a young kid, a grandpa, or even just a "regular" father.

Who knows..maybe it's not even a logo on the side, but a huge scatch or dirt.

I hope the BPD is doing things in secret and they aren't just in way over their heads. This truck could be clear across the country by now. It seems like they waited too long to release the video, especially if they had any reason to believe there was a person in the back of the truck.

I would also be interested to know if this was the ONLY vehicle caught on tape at this time or was there others, even if it was just one.

Yes the trucks are a dime a dozen, but if the people inside the truck are not involved, why are they not coming forward? Surely someone who knows them has told them about the search for the truck, even if they did not see the news themselves...it has been well over 48 hours. And most people who are passing through an area are not downtown at 4:30AM, unless they were maybe looking for food or gas. Although most travelers use the interstate and places near the exits.

How far is this downtown area from an interstate?

I hope the BPD are doing things in secret and they aren't just in way over their heads. This truck could be clear across the country by now. It seems like they waited too long to release the video, especially if they had any reason to believe there was a person in the back of the truck.

I think there looks like a person in the back cab of the truck, more than the bed of the truck.

Yes the trucks are a dime a dozen, but if the people inside the truck are not involved, why are they not coming forward? Surely someone who knows them has told them about the search for the truck, even if they did not see the news themselves...it has been well over 48 hours. And most people who are passing through an area are not downtown at 4:30AM, unless they were maybe looking for food or gas. Although most travelers use the interstate and places near the exits.

that's a good point, unless maybe they were doing something else illegal.

Could have been someone out for the night......just like she was.

I've tried to catch up on my posts but you all are so quick!
Today I was looking at the truck. I just thought i recognized as some different model, and then suddenly, before I heard any mention of the back of the truck, my heart dropped. I don't know which website I saw it on but it was clearer than previous photos posted. I know someone was working on enhancing but it really looks like it could be LS. I know it's not likely that someone would put her in the back, but possibly, maybe, she was sick from drinking and the driver said he would take her home and he just didn't. Does anyone else think that this could be a possibility? I can't stop looking at the photo.

Maybe she was actually walking home and somebody offered her a ride.

Many people just don't want to get involved. Somebody could also be concerned about becoming a suspect, even if that somebody had nothing to do with it.

I just read the 2nd article that lists her movements as going strait from her apartment to kilroys with no mention of her trip to JR"s were she was suppose to have met CR and then gone to kilroys.Thinking back the only info I remember of this first trip to JR's came fromm HT.So is she wrong or just a bad article.If the article is right were was she from 12:30 when HT said she left to 1:45 when she got to kilroys?
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...student?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I think the perp is a stranger who happened to see in Lauren an easy prey. That stranger probably drives a white truck.

However, I do feel that LE and Lauren's parents feel like Lauren's friends are hiding details of that night from them. Details that could be crucial to finding out what happened to this girl.

I not not think the POI's or friends are involved in murdering her or getting rid of her body. However, I do think they are putting their personal protection in regards to illegal activities in front of a friend who is probably gone.

They, even the boyfriend and the roomate, seem more worried about protecting their reputation than being completely honest and exposed in order to solve this case.

I also think these kids' parents want to protect their kids and are probably telling them NOT to open up to LE.

I understand Lauren's parents frustration.

Except that they were probably on drugs themselves, perhaps pretty heavily, and are not going to be thinking straight.

That does not excuse any potential behavior, of course, but not many people seemed to be thinking straight that evening.
respectfully snipped for clarity

You've got a point. Alcohol and/or drugs would contribute to distorted judgment and irrational behavior. But then would they have been able to dispose of evidence and concoct a solid plan to avoid detection so quickly and efficiently? With all of those cameras everywhere? Anything's possible, but Lauren was reported missing the next afternoon. The POI's came under scrutiny almost immediately. If there are conspirators in this case, they had very little time to pull it together. Are they capable of doing that? It's hard to say because we know so little about them.

Then there's the argument that if JR is involved, why would he make himself the last person to see Lauren, when as far as we know, no one has mentioned seeing him with Lauren after she left CR's, or seeing Lauren go into his apartment. It just doesn't add up to a conspiracy for me. But if it is, then I wish to heavens one of them would be decent enough to take mercy on her parents and reveal her whereabouts. One solid tip submitted anonymously is all it takes.

And why would police be looking into serveillance video of who left the bag if the clothing found inside were not significant....perhaps the person wants to be caught but doesn't have the guts to come forward yet.

Either way...not looking good fro LS. :(

That might also be what was weighing so heavily on Lauren's dad at the press conference.

I wonder if the female clothes resembled what Lauren was wearing that night :(

I agree that it would be hard for several drunk/high people to formulate a plan, but if there was just JR and he called a friend outside of this usual circle I think it is possible. Also, come to think of it, we don't have any information about JR being wasted. They had 12 hours before police were notified. Even JW and HT did not presumably know about her disappearance until 2:00. The truck could have left the state and kept on driving and had another week and a half before the truck pictures were released. I live in Oregon and there is nothing on the news about this case, let alone the truck.

I'm still leaning slightly more to stranger abduction, though.

I just read the 2nd article that lists her movements as going strait from her apartment to kilroys with no mention of her trip to JR"s were she was suppose to have met CR and then gone to kilroys.Thinking back the only info I remember of this first trip to JR's came fromm HT.So is she wrong or just a bad article.If the article is right were was she from 12:30 when HT said she left to 1:45 when she got to kilroys?
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...student?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I don't think the timeline means she didn't go to JR's after leaving Smallwood but before Kilroy's. This may explain why she looks fine on the Smallwood video but Kilroy's said she was very intoxicated. HT is the only person I've heard say anything about this, also. But it doesn't go against the known timeline.

It seems like Lauren's roommate has had a lot to say, considering she says she was not with Lauren for most of the night. Hard to tell if she is just trying to help or muddy the waters...am hoping for the first option. But clearly Lauren's parents are feeling some resistance or lack of cooperation from someplace.

I'm suspicious of lauren's roommate as well.

I think it could be a stranger abduction, although I will be surprised, only because of all of the action and drama on this night...

I wish LE could arrest one of the students on something, to see if they would start talking...but since at least some of them have lawyers, they might not talk anyway. I wonder if Lauren's parents are referring to someone who has obtained a lawyer and is no longer cooperating...would be interesting to know who that might be.

New paragraph posted in article at tonygatto.com about Lauren being thrown out of Kilroy's just after midnight.

This doesn't fit in with what we know at all, does it?

New article about Lauren being thrown out of bar just after midnight at
tonygatto.com.

This doesn't fit in with what we know at all, does it?

That doesn't fit a timeline just released by police at all. Since there are exact times, I presume that timeline has been verified by the video.
"1:46 a.m. — Enters Kilroy’s Sports Bar.
2:27 a.m. — Exits Kilroy’s"
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ren-Spierer-s-last-movements?odyssey=nav|head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3