IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

dang it! I'm trying to put in a request for Eyes for Lies blog to look at this and tell us if she sees any deception with David R. However, requests can only be 90 characters long (including links) and that link is more than 90 characters. So not only can I not post the whole link, I can't even type what my request is.

Grrrrrrr!

ETA: nevermind! I was able to request.

Exactly. There's a HUGE leap between taking the friend home and making sure she's safe AND murdering a friend or concealing her death.

I'm leaning towards a stranger or crime of passion...
I think it's looked at from an adults point of view...and that is why I think we have it alll wrong.

There is simply no reason to hide abuse of alcohol. Zero. Zip. IMO, we would not have 10 POIs, and the sense of information being withheld by peers, associates, etc. I believe that is the reason---there may be more than alcohol abuse.

dang it! I'm trying to put in a request for Eyes for Lies blog to look at this and tell us if she sees any deception with David R. However, requests can only be 90 characters long (including links) and that link is more than 90 characters. So not only can I not post the whole link, I can't even type what my request is.

Grrrrrrr!

Go to http://bitly.com/. It's a website that shortens URLs, usually for use on Twitter.

I think it's looked at from an adults point of view...and that is why I think we have it alll wrong.[/

can I ask curious your age range?
I have teenage kids but also have a doctorate. ................I am not naive as far as education but lif i might be

So why do you say she called DR? And why do you call DR? And why doesn't he answer? .... and I guess there was no voicemail. (I know - voicemail is a tool used by parents not college students..)

I honestly feel "someone" may have needed a vehicle to get rid of LS...not that they would share that detail with DR, just that they knew he was possibly a reliable kind of guy for that sort of thing? MOO. And I don't know who did/didn't have a vehicle there, but maybe the person who placed the call for a possible vehicle borrow knew enough about crime NOT to use their own vehicle. Since DR didn't answer...perhaps that person had to use their own car...then left for home...their car never to return as they hide behind their atty. :innocent:

I think it's looked at from an adults point of view...and that is why I think we have it alll wrong.

Yes, I'm 24 and go clubbing with close friends ALL the time. I mean, I love them and try to care for them, but there's a time where I just want to have fun too. It's normal. My best friend gets REALLY upset when we let her drink too much so with her I'm normally a little more careful. I don't normally leave her because she gets SUPER upset if I do. But most of my friends don't really care. I mean, if my friends are drunk and I'm with a guy and we are hitting it off... I might leave my friends there. Sorry. They do the same.

Then again, my friends only drink alcohol. No drugs involved.

It's just how it goes.

Grrrrrrr!

go to tinyurl.com and enter the link. It will create a new link for you that is "tiny". It will still link to the correct place.

HTH

I've leaned more toward someone she knows, all along, whether from this group, or a POI within the 10 whose name we have yet to hear, or even one of the "second tier" group LE has referred to more than once. My little bit of possible "stranger abduction" percentage is just about gone now, with the white truck being eliminated.

It's hard to learn something if we don't even know what happened in the first place.

It's hard to learn that a girl wandering around at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., essentially incapacitated, incoherent, and by herself, is a bad thing?

lovejac, do you think DR would agree to a television interview if he knew information? That seems to me like it would be an extremely unnecessary risk. He only gets one take. If he were to stumble or mix details, that's there for everyone to see.

sidenote: You guys are all more experienced with this than me. Maybe perps do this? I just find it hard to believe he'd be that carefree.

It's hard to learn that a girl wandering around at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., essentially incapacitated, incoherent, and by herself, is a bad thing?

You know, I'm not sure how old you are, but I can just say, old habits die hard.

Last year 3 guys from my city who everyone kind of knew were killed in car accidents. The 3 guys were driving drunk.

You would think all of their friends would learn a lesson right? Well, maybe for the first week. Everyone is back at driving drunk again.

Is it hard to learn that driving drunk in the AM, by themselves, is a bad thing? Apprently so.

Having just recently watched the video with DR recounting the evening, I can say that not only am I convinced he has NO role in this whatsoever, but that it seems highly improbable that anyone would choose to call him in some sort of nefarious crisis. but it's jmho.

http://www.wsbtradio.com/wsbtradio/...rch-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,3695246.story

Watching the video of DR didn't convince me that he had no role. I thought he was a little shifty and wouldn't look at the reporter.
He also looks really tired, like he had spent a long time searching with little sleep, and that could explain his affect.

I feel defensive about what I said....I have no clue but wish Lauren would show up out of nowhere.

I do think the comments of Lauren "screaming" that she was on coke, xanax and alcohol is a little over the top.

I don't doubt she was intoxicated, but I don't really believe she was talking about the substances she was using.

People are creating rumors, of course.

And I mean, honestly? Was Lauren playing Russian roulette? 90 pounds, a heart condition, xanax, coke and alcohol?? I think there is a little of exageration...

I do not doubt the alcohol, but I'm not 100% sure she was doing coke or xanax as well.

If you've ever been around people abusing substances, including alcohol, they can be one of two types:
1. quiet with sudden bursts of action
2. extremely aggressive, with sudden bursts of quiet

Someone who is aggressive in this state, if you've ever been around these people, brag about what they've drank or done.
They make no secret about it, they are happy to tell anyone, as though they are proud of it.

And re: the russian roulette thing, people have different ways of dealing with things that hold them back.
It's possible that LS's way of dealing with her heart condition was to do something that would put her in danger, maybe that made it even more thrilling for her.

All of that can be classified as speculation!

lovejac, do you think DR would agree to a television interview if he knew information? That seems to me like it would be an extremely unnecessary risk. He only gets one take. If he were to stumble or mix details, that's there for everyone to see.

sidenote: You guys are all more experienced with this than me. Maybe perps do this? I just find it hard to believe he'd be that carefree.

Sorry to say, that yes, I have seen people give interviews that were holding back information. People are ballsy!

I was able to post the link so hopefully she can look at it and give her impression.

Once again, I'm not sure how you know that her friends have or have not learned this lesson as you keep stating that they haven't learned a thing. I'm sure they will learn a lot of lessons the hard way through all of this, unfortunately. Harping on their mistakes or lessons that they should take from this right now seems a little pointless, in my opinion.

I think it's possible that someone with information would do an interview because people expect that they wouldn't say anything if they were involved.
I think he seems guilty or ashamed, but that could easily be because he was the one who took Lauren to JR's in the first place.

Yes, I'm 24 and go clubbing with close friends ALL the time. I mean, I love them and try to care for them, but there's a time where I just want to have fun too. It's normal. My best friend gets REALLY upset when we let her drink too much so with her I'm normally a little more careful. I don't normally leave her because she gets SUPER upset if I do. But most of my friends don't really care. I mean, if my friends are drunk and I'm with a guy and we are hitting it off... I might leave my friends there. Sorry. They do the same.

Then again, my friends only drink alcohol. No drugs involved.

It's just how it goes.

Date and acquaintance rape has increased. Often alcohol plays a major role.

If you've ever been around people abusing substances, including alcohol, they can be one of two types:
1. quiet with sudden bursts of action
2. extremely aggressive, with sudden bursts of quiet

Someone who is aggressive in this state, if you've ever been around these people, brag about what they've drank or done.
They make no secret about it, they are happy to tell anyone, as though they are proud of it.

And re: the russian roulette thing, people have different ways of dealing with things that hold them back.
It's possible that LS's way of dealing with her heart condition was to do something that would put her in danger, maybe that made it even more thrilling for her.

All of that can be classified as speculation!

My mom was a drug addict. Cocaine, to be more specific. I've been around drugged up people. In my own house growing up.

My mom NEVER talked about the substances she used... she actually lied about it.

I remember when I was 10 and I saw a coke plate under her bed. I was 10, it was really horrible for me. My mom came to my bed and told me it was some sort of ear medicine.

I remember this very clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member