IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...the white truck is ruled out. I get that.

But let me get this straight. Camera times were off. Truck only went around block once. Then HOW can they have someone turning right from 11th onto Morton blowing through the stop sign and then circling the block and going straight thru the stop sign on 11th and Morton the second time????

I'm not saying the white truck is involved, but how can the police put this statement out there if it simply wasn't the case????????????

I know right? If they only went through once, they either turned or went straight! Can't be both.

Ven, it sounds like you are making a lot of assumptions about these kids being spoiled, their personalities and their families. I personally do not get the same impression that you do about this group as a whole, but I'm not sure why it's relevant anyway.

By the way, I'll share a personal anecdote that not only conveys how I feel about people like this, but shows that they are not dependable as "friends".
<snip>

Really, IMO it's just a bunch of narcissists who all use each other for a good time.

or maybe just a bunch of really wasted and immature people that would be much more responsible and caring were they not so impaired themselves?

Really, IMO it's just a bunch of narcissists who all use each other for a good time.

I don't agree. I mean, I think we are being too harsh on these kids. I have been guilty of leaving my friend intoxicated at a club... it happens. At the end of the day, people need to be responsible for their own actions... I'm not blaming Lauren. But I just think that at 18, 19, 20... people need to start taking care of themselves.

I don't think and never will do drugs. I really don't want to blame anyone if something ever happens to me. I take care of myself.

When LS and CR went back to her place, maybe she went there to grab a pair of shoes to wear. I recall a pic of her holding a jacket, wearing what looked like white ballet flats later on. After CR got punched, he might have guilted her into walking him home, hoping to hook up at his place or to set things in motion for the future. She might have had some interest too. He was a known bad boy, banned from the dorm, and that is a draw for some.

I just want to cover this "no trespass list" one more time. This does not make this kid a "bad boy". Google "smallwood no trespass list' and several results will come up that show this list is absolute nonsense. There was a "no trespass list" at the apartments I lived in while in college too (college housing) and the list was full of people who either a. got a little rowdy, b. someone didn't like or c. came and went rather late at night. These lists are not full of hardened criminal masterminds. It is a list full of drunk kids. The list doesn't mean anything. CR was on it for intoxication and acting "suspiciously" (could be drugs, could be running away from a security guard, could be placing his hands in his pockets, who knows). The second incident he got caught urinating in the parking garage. Pretty normal college student stuff.

Jesse's favorite quote: "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'"

Nothing about Lauren though... Is this from Dexter? I do not watch that show.

I have never seen Dexter, but that quote is from one of my favorite movies, Shawshank Redemption. I can hear Morgan Freeman saying it.

Ven, it sounds like you are making a lot of assumptions about these kids being spoiled, their personalities and their families. I personally do not get the same impression that you do, but I'm not sure why it's relevant anyway.

I just read the articles, a blind person can see how these kids act.

As far as relevancy, it is very relevant --- one of the important things that should come out of cases like this is,
"what did we learn?"

Prevention? How do we make sure things like this don't happen again?

I'm commenting on how it doesn't look like any of the surrounding people learned anything at all.

Not that any of them were actually there for their "friend".

or maybe just a bunch of really wasted and immature people that would be much more responsible and caring were they not so impaired themselves?

I don't think it has anything to do with maturity. There are people in their 20's, 30's, 40's who behave like this too.

It's a lifestyle choice.

As far as relevancy, it is very relevant --- one of the important things that should come out of cases like this is,
"what did we learn?"

I'm commenting on how it doesn't look like any of the surrounding people learned anything at all.

What sort of indication are we going to see that they lave "learned anything"? We aren't hearing from these people at all. For all we know, they have been instructed not to change their profile pics (in response to your earlier comment).. Again, lots of speculation in your words.

Also, there were no other females with her that we know of. We know what to teach our daughters to try to keep them safe, but if they mess up, it does not change the fact that our sons need to step up, keep their hands-off, do the right thing, off-limits, etc., etc. etc.

Schizophrenic parenting. To daughters: do A, B, C and D to stay safe. To sons: keep your hands off NO MATTER WHAT-DON'T CARE. Step up. If they don't have a sister, they surely have had a mother.

I, personally, think it's ridiculous to blame the friends UNLESS we know they are hiding evidence or did anything to purposedly hurt Lauren.

"what did we learn?"

Not yet, give it time. The parents are going through the worst nightmare which many of us have sleepless nights about. We can not control our children's behavior and can only hope that they grow up fast and heed our words and follow our example. Some kids only get the message that they need to be on the academic honor roll. But character counts and we love seeing it in our children.

Gotcha. Your post about shrubs, etc. makes sense now.
Did JR's statement say he saw her from the window?
Yup, I see the streetlight on the construction side of the street now. Thanks!

This evening would be a good night to check it out. We have a waxing moon. Similar illumination to the new moon on June 3.
I was just hashing this over. I know I have read the account about him watching from the window in the MSM (but where in this media mess did I see that?!?), but I also recall having read that he just "watched her walk away." So I have read that he watched her walk away, and that (in different reports) he watched her from his window. What I have not read is that he stepped outside on the sidewalk and watched her, which, IMO, is the only way he could have seen her reach the corner. It could be sloppy reporting, it could be a guy not being as specific as we want him to be, it could be someone who isn't telling the truth.

What sort of indication are we going to see that they lave "learned anything"? We aren't hearing from these people at all. For all we know, they have been instructed not to change their profile pics (in response to your earlier comment).. Again, lots of speculation in your words.

They've all changed their profile pics (and names in some cases).

Many of them are drinking, or look completely trashed (or worse).
I guess it's important they show everyone how cool they are.
(because really, that's what all this narcissism is about)

Didn't learn a dang thing at all -- and I'm sticking with that.

What are the chances that a defense attorney or his/her team would post in a forum such as this to either sway opinion or encourage confusion?

Also, to the veterans of this site, does LE ever monitor websleuths for information? Can a mod answer this one?

Not a mod here, but, I can answer that question.

Yes, LE has read here in the past and yes, members of defense teams have as well.

Most recently regarding the Caylee Anthony trial.

That's typical in a brain injury. You lose the last little bit before the injury. In more serious head injuries, the memory is gone for an even greater span of time prior to the head injury. The last memories are wiped out.

As a real brain injury sufferer....You really are not able to remember stuff. Twenty years later I am still a little on the "goofy" side.
I am not convinced either way but as someone who had enough to drink to the point of blackout and also someone who lost about a month of my life to brain injury....not totally out of the realm

Blythe, I do find it curious that Lauren's night began and allegedly ended with alleged phone call to DR. JR stated that Lauren used his phone to call DR before leaving to ask if he had seen her phone according to Lauren's roommate, HT.

I can't remember who placed her with DR earlier in the evening. Was that HT also?

wm

If LS suddenly realized at 4:15 am that she was missing her phone, wouldn't you think that she also realized that she was missing her keys? It makes more sense that if she were going to call anyone, it would be her roommate to make sure she could let her into her apartment. She could deal with her cellphone after she sobered up, IMO. Something about JR's claim about the call is setting off my hinky meter.

Having just recently watched the video with DR recounting the evening, I can say that not only am I convinced he has NO role in this whatsoever, but that it seems highly improbable that anyone would choose to call him in some sort of nefarious crisis. but it's jmho.

“He got punched in the face. He has no memory of that, or of the 15 minutes leading to that moment. The first memory he has is the next morning when he wakes up in his bed, and that’s collaborated by several people.”

I wanted to share the above quote from CR's attorney Salzmann. Its old (june 8th) but something I missed. He says he has no memory of the 15 minutes prior to the fight. I hadn't seen that before and found it interesting.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...l-play-very-great-police-say?odyssey=obinsite

:waitasec: I hadn't noticed that either. Why would you specify "15 minutes prior to the fight"?

That makes me curious to know 'what happened 15 minutes before the fight'

Having just recently watched the video with DR recounting the evening, I can say that not only am I convinced he has NO role in this whatsoever, but that it seems highly improbable that anyone would choose to call him in some sort of nefarious crisis. but it's jmho.

Can you link to DR in video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member