IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not originally post this, but unless JR was standing out on the sidewalk, he could not have seen the SW corner of 11th and College. There is an incline of 11th St. towards that intersection, plus there is a large tree and shrubbery/random foliage obscuring the view of the sidewalk from the building where JR et al. live. The windows of these apartments face north towards 11th St., not east towards College. He could not have seen that corner from his apartment window.

I'm going to have to disagree with part of your post.

Yes he would have to be on the sidewalk.
Yes there is an incline.

No there is not a large tree and shrubbery/random foliage obscuring the view of the sidewalk.

Yes. He would have to be outside on the sidewalk, looking up the hill, around that tree, where he watched, and allowed, a friend, who was nearly incapacitated, simply walk away, and there is no video evidence to support the claim, according to police.

I don't see a tree he would have to look around.

zsp9ub.jpg

htgrj6.jpg

ea4kg8.jpg

In the last pic look at the one way sign. Look at the white car in the distance just to the left and under the one way sign. See the little white sign just above the white car?

Now look at the second pic. See that little white sign, and the white car?

The first pic is included so the incline can be seen.

So I think during daylight he could have seen her.
Now, the question is, could he have seen her that far at night? I don't see any street lights.

All the Images used are from the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]Photo Thread[/ame].

I was a pretty wild thing in college, so from experience I can say that it seems like more than a few people are unfamiliar with the effects of the drugs that are being mentioned. Xanax is a fairly mild anti-anxiety drug, like valium. It does however greatly enhance drunkeness. Cocaine, OTOH, does the opposite. It clears your head very quickly and makes your tolerance for alcohol and any other "downer" much higher. It has never made sense to me that she was going on about how wasted she was while overheard at Kilroy's "on Xanax and Coke." In my experience, you never feel "wasted" doing Coke, and doing Coke would remove most of the "wasted" feeling from being on Xanax.
Just thought I'd mention this... (oh and I'm 50 now and haven't "partied" since those days back in college)

Umm... so the guy we are talking about was on probation for:

35-42-2-1(a)(3)/FC: Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury

I suddenly do NOT doubt Rossman was seriously injured after the fight...

Wait, to clarify though - no one has said that guy was the guy who punched CR. Also, I wasn't sure if we should directly post that since we can't name names and the person has not been named by LE or even the media. I do think the probation aspect could very well be a factor here though with these guys.

No, but if you are mixing coke, alcohol, xanax and the fact that you weigh 90 pounds together you would get someone completely hammered.

Wait, to clarify though - no one has said that guy was the guy who punched CR.

True. HOWEVER, he did state his friends were involved in the fight. Guys normally hangout with guys with similar habits... guys who fight normally hangout with guys who fight.

True. HOWEVER, he did state his friends were involved in the fight. Guys normally hangout with guys with similar habits... guys who fight normally hangout with guys who fight.

No, I know - and on FB he alluded to the fact that he was there himself. I just wanted to clarify to others that that charge was not the peron whose name has already been discussed here and in several media articles as being the one who punched CR.

No, I know - and on FB he alluded to the fact that he was there himself. I just wanted to clarify to others that that charge was not the peron whose name has already been discussed here and in several media articles as being the one who punched CR.

Got it. And that charge was in 2009 and seemed A LOT more serious than a punch...

Who was the guy who punched CR? I didn't read it on the media...

Are you guys Abbey/Curiosgirl saying you cannot disclose the name of this individual on here?

Thanks

wisco - this guy was talking about the fight on Lauren's missing page before the fight was known/confirmed. He said he was there and knew what happened and was very aggressive. He is friends with Jesse.

However, he has not been named in MSM so we cannot disclose it.

Thought this might be useful to keep in the links. It's a timeline of events since LS was reported to be seen last.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81967
June 4 — day 2
The Bloomington Police Department releases initial information about Lauren and searches for her throughout the city using K9 units.

June 8 — day 6
11:30 a.m. — Parker says no one who works for Smallwood is a person of interest and that there is nothing new in the footage.

Parker also says the entire city has now been searched

Evening — Police search Lake Monroe after receiving an anonymous tip. They do not find anything of interest.

More at link.

Umm... so the guy we are talking about was on probation for:

35-42-2-1(a)(3)/FC: Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury

I suddenly do NOT doubt Rossman was seriously injured after the fight...

I still do. Seriously injured and simply alcohol (He's not living on campus>infractions, warnings, etc.), you go to an ER or private doctor. IMO, he didn't go to either because both would have asked about his recreational substance use. Would have still been in his system. The ERs will run the tests. Don't believe his memory loss is due to the assault. In the very least, alcohol abuse. Personally, I don't think he had anything to do with her disappearance. IMO, had he not been recreational using that morning, we'd know more.

A person was named in a "comments" section of an article as being the one who threw the punch but he is not any of the names we know from official sources, so we can't name him or even know if it is true.

I'm going to have to disagree with part of your post.

Yes he would have to be on the sidewalk.
Yes there is an incline.

No there is not a large tree and shrubbery/random foliage obscuring the view of the sidewalk.

I don't see a tree he would have to look around.

zsp9ub.jpg

htgrj6.jpg

ea4kg8.jpg

In the last pic look at the one way sign. Look at the white car in the distance just to the left and under the one way sign. See the little white sign just above the white car?

Now look at the second pic. See that little white sign, and the white car?

The first pic is included so the incline can be seen.

So I think during daylight he could have seen her.
Now, could he have seen her that far at night? I don't see any street lights.
I see your point. Two weeks ago when we were searching up there, there was an awful lot of tree/shrub detritus spilling on to the sidewalk just east of the new construction on the south side of the street. That's what I'm basing my statement about trees/ shrubbery/ etc. on. It could have been placed there by people cleaning up after Friday the 3rd (the new construction people clearing part of that lot, maybe). I believe we were there on the 8th of June. No matter in the long run, though-- that corner can't be seen from the apartment window. And you are correct--it is fairly dark there. The main illumination at night would have come from the stoplight. I'll have to go look this evening.
ETA: Streetlight on NW corner. Will have to see how it illuminates the other side of the street.

Who was the guy who punched CR? I didn't read it on the media...

Sorry, I was wrong. He was mentioned, but not in MSM, which is why his name was deleted here at WS (although that's where I learned it). I think Tony Gatto's site mentions his name somewhere and his name has come up in comments under various articles at Lohud and the Indiana Student Daily.

So what does anyone make of the female bartender witnessing LS being carried by a male at 3:38 am?

Regarding LS drinking/drug/mental state, I think it is so hard to say without having known her or having been there what state she was is at the time of her disapearance, even taking into account possible witnesses. Mixing coke/xanax/alcohol is kind of odd, as it's a lot of different highs at one time and I don't know I believe that she walked around telling people "Oh, hey, I just did coke, xanax, and drank". Sounds like rumors spreading to me. Also, I am the kind of person who can be wasted and 10 seconds away from doing something incredibly stupid and still able to carry on a coversation with someone who would probably not even know I had had a drink, while I know some girls who have a sip of wine and start dancing on tables and kicking off their shoes. Plus, we don't know how long after she stopped imbibing she went missing, so to me it seems like a huge, and kind of unfair, stretch to say she was just some wasted chick and things got out of control. I don't know, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18