IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is also quite illuminating to me that there was a big push to keep the white truck as the most important thing discussed in recent days...THEN the big search on Hwy 37 yesterday....ALL of which could be ploys to deflect what REALLY could be going on behind the scenes in this investigation. ANY mention of the POIs has been nil. I think we will find later that this is a well planned approach to make the people who have the information SQUIRM. Haven't heard anything in the press from or about any of them in days. Hmmmmmmmmm

I suspect that the surveillance cameras aren't very good (even worse than we originally thought).

Correct me if my thinking is off, but LE seemed to originally believe that the truck circled twice. If that had happened, wouldn't each camera have captured the truck twice? Seems logical to me, but I don't know how surveillance cameras work very well.

Instead, it seems that each camera caught the truck once, but at "10 minute increments apart" according to the timestamp, which is why the police thought it circled twice.

If the cameras clearly only showed the vehicle once, I would think LE would have realized the timestamp error right away. So, I wonder if the cameras just take pictures every couple of seconds or so? So LE may have thought that the one camera just didn't catch the vehicle the second time and vice versa.

They are making LS's peers and secondary-tier associates and acquaintances writhe. No problem here with that.

Also, I wonder if the person driving that truck witnessed anything. While not involved with the case, whether they saw something or not would be very helpful to the investigation.

VERY helpful - except from the information given today, it doesn't appear he went around the block, but rather, drove one time through that area. So he wouldn't have been on the road they thought he was, where Lauren was supposed to be walking. She would have been eye-catching - shoeless, carrying nothing, staggering, at 4:30 a.m. Memorable. But it doesn't seem the truck actually took the loop they thought.

How the hell was she removed from the area? I would think a vehicle. Perhaps, not. She wasn't beamed up.

A WS'er provided what I thought was a credible business name on a truck he/she saw personally and sent it in...wonder if they were right?

I suspect that the surveillance cameras aren't very good (even worse than we originally thought).

Correct me if my thinking is off, but if the truck had circled the block twice, wouldn't each camera have seen the truck twice? Instead, it seems that each camera caught the truck once, but at "10 minute increments apart" according to the timestamp, which led the police to think it circled twice.

I wonder if the cameras just take pictures every couple of seconds or so? So police may have thought that the one camera just didn't catch the vehicle the second time and vice versa.

Sorry if I'm confusing. I'm trying to organize my thoughts!

Yes, I have heard that some cameras only take a limited amount of frame shots, so possible for a car to be missed completely at a high rate of speed for instance - so this may explain it.

How the hell was she removed from the area? I would think a vehicle. Perhaps, not. She wasn't beamed up.

Does Smallwood have a loading dock area or a place where furniture is moved in and out, I wonder, out of camera range?

They are making LS's peers and secondary-tier associates and acquaintances writhe. No problem here with that.

EXACTLY!!!! And since these are young adults, there is 100% chance that one of them is not going to be able to take that pressure any more and talk.......

A WS'er provided what I thought was a credible business name on a truck he/she saw personally and sent it in...wonder if they were right?

among the things said was that they got a picture of the actual truck submitted with numerous other tips about the same business logo and truck
he gave credit to the new tip system that allows this type of tip - I guess email with attached photos? - the technology came from the FBI

EXACTLY!!!! And since these are young adults, there is 100% chance that one of them is not going to be able to take that pressure any more and talk.......

My personal experience with this age-group (young adults) is, yes, one will---in a round-about, backwards sort of way.

Believe will not talk until they have to>when and if a body is found. Looks like LE is concentrating on the search effort.

Time to start looking very very close again. Whether JR did or did not actually see her walking home, it still indicates she may be found on the journey home.

I would sure like to know if the initial reports that there were others at JR's apartment late in the evening (when he states she left to walk home) are true.

I would sure like to know if the initial reports that there were others at JR's apartment late in the evening (when he states she left to walk home) are true.

Yes, and didn't someone text or FB JW to come get his "wasted gf" ? That is the culture I"ve witnessed.

LE did stress that they don't necessarily believe that Lauren left on foot at 4:30, just that they can't prove she did not at this point...

I am beginning to wonder if the alleged siting (by the bar server walking home) of Lauren and the dark man has credence. Does anyone know if this alleged siting was also where Lauren's keys/purse were found? My curiosity is growing about the young man (AA) who saw lauren's keys and whose friend allegedly found them and put them on the rail a few hrs later. We haven't heard another word about it.

As far as the potential for the friends involvement in disposing of Lauren after an OD, there was only one that has stated publicly that he wasn't partying that night due to writing 2 papers. Wonder what kind of car he drives?

I am glad the truck was ruled out so that our fellow sleuths in Bloomington aren't worried and suspicious about every white truck in town. I am now convinced that Lauren knew whoever is responsible for her disappearance.

Where's Lauren?

MOO

wm

Does Smallwood have a loading dock area or a place where furniture is moved in and out, I wonder, out of camera range?

Waiting on ID'ing those who gained entrance to Smallwood. Who entered and exited, and what did they exit with? Someone could have been given another's card to enter Smallwood.

Interesting that the individual who was driving the truck didn't come forward himself.

Anyway, that's real progress in the investigation to be able to dismiss the white truck.

Perhaps since it was a company truck he felt like it needed to be the company to say something?

I wonder if some people are really bummed that LE found the truck and ruled it out...it seemed such a perfect scapegoat...

Reno also said Smallwood has complied with everything police have asked of them, including handing over information of about 4,000 key strikes in a 48-hour period before and after Lauren went missing.

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81966

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member