IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to those of you who kept track of the news conference, I was in a meeting and couldn't watch it. Great recap.

Too bad there is no more information - but ruling the truck out is big. Much of the attention here was going to that.

I am still heartbroken for the parents. What an awful ordeal this is - and they seem to be doing everything as perfectly as they can. Keeping attention on their daughter, humanizing her, and appealing to the better nature of those who may have information while promising they can be anonymous. A+ in my book. I wish every missing person had parents like this.

I am starting to wonder just how 'unrelated' that other murder really is.
The perp in that murder might well have been in the area since his victim's
purse was found '. . .between Spierer’s apartment building and
another building she visited that night. . .'

Since the last aricle I read on the subject has the supposed perp in the
'unrelated' murder still on the loose and yet his victim who was found in
her home, stabbed, has her purse found where stated above I have to ask
myself if the perp of that 'unrelated' murder was still in the general area
when Lauren disappeared.

The purse being found in the general area argues that he was there at
some point in time. I know in that case it was alleged to be a
boyfriend/girlfriend dispute gone wrong but we don't know what state of
mind that guy was in.
Links provided in post 156.

However to be so certain the two events are 'unrelated' I would wonder
if LE has reason to believe it very likely they have a handle on what
happened in Lauren's case.

Not saying those she knew are not also good prospects but this other crime
seems too very coincidental to be casually dismissed.

Are you talking about Bruce Foster, who stabbed Angela Holder? Foster was in jail (he was arrested in April) at the time Lauren went missing. He was released on Monday the 6th, by which time we were already out searching for Lauren. Honestly, he's really the only one with an airtight alibi.

So the story opens with DB and then closes with DB, it would seem....any thoughts - anyone - on what this could mean, if anything?

Re: CR's memory loss - whether it is due to alcohol/drugs or the "beating"...these things don't mix well. I have never had a problem with his claim.

So the story opens with DB and then closes with DB, it would seem....any thoughts - anyone - on what this could mean, if anything?

Hi Blythe! do you mean DR? Keeping up with all these initials is :crazy:

Are you talking about Bruce Foster, who stabbed
Angela Holder? Foster was in jail (he was arrested in April) at the time Lauren went missing.
He was released on Monday the 6th, by which time we were already out searching for Lauren.
Honestly, he's really the only one with an airtight alibi.
'. . . Foster is a black male in his fifties and could be driving Holder’s dark
blue Chrysler Concord.

Police cautioned that Foster could be armed, as they did not find the
murder weapon at the scene of the crime.

Parker asked members of the public who might have seen Foster to alert
Blomington Policeat 812-339-4477. . . .'
http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81868

Note:Article dated Jun 8th.
So it sounded to me as if he is still on the loose and was available
to have been involved in Lauren's disappearance and so I posted as I did.

ETA:
A link at news site shows another article
dated JUN 10 which says the man turned hiself in
on FRI but does not give the date of the FRI
the man turned himself in and so without knowing the
exact date the crime was comiited the whole thing sounds
as if every thing is current.
Probably just another example of poor reporting.
http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81885

Could someone familiar with all of this add the names to these initials and - in one sentance - who they are? Im always lost :p

Maybe we can have a sticky w/this (like a list of characters from a play would be cool) and the annotated maps?

blue Chrysler Concord.

I completely understand the confusion (sometimes my mind skips to him and I have to remind myself that he is one who was definitely not involved). Foster was out of jail a whopping 24 hours before he killed Holder. It has been a very stressful couple weeks in Bloomington. And yes, he turned himself in to Indianapolis police on Friday, June 10. So he was released from jail on June 6 and remained that way until June 10. Before that, he was incarcerated and not involved in Lauren's disappearance. Hope that clarifies.

blue Chrysler Concord.

No. If I understand it correctly, he was in jail for something else, then released the Monday after Lauren went missing and promptly killed his girlfriend that night.

http://www.drugs.indiana.edu/news-inthenews_detail.aspx?seq=442

Yes HT says it was Lauren using JR's phone cause her's was missing. HT had to have gotten that info from JR. So either you believe that Lauren was able to dial or at least hold a conversation or it was actually JR using HIS OWN phone. You make the call!

And that may be the only reason why JR needs to place LT where he does at 4:30 AM. I say, she wasn't walking where he says she was at that time. IMO, nonsense.

Blythe, I do find it curious that Lauren's night began and allegedly ended with alleged phone call to DR. JR stated that Lauren used his phone to call DR before leaving to ask if he had seen her phone according to Lauren's roommate, HT.

I can't remember who placed her with DR earlier in the evening. Was that HT also?

wm

DB, DR??

Recap:

CR - Hanging out w/ LS most of the night, got punched at Smallwood, gave DNA, stayed in town

JR - Published reports say he is the witness who claims LS walked up the block and around the corner 1t 4:30am , lives up on 11th in same building as CR, has hired high-priced Indy attorney, James Voyles. A phone call was reportedly made from his phone to DR at 4:15am.

MB - CR's roomate..was up at the 11th st building that night.

DR - Lives at Smallwood, received phone call at 4:15am from JR's phone, but was sleeping and missed call

JW - LS's boyfriend, helped in search first couple days, then went home to NY

HT - One of LS's roommates, spoke extensively to LoHud.

And that may be the only reason why JR needs to place LT where he does at 4:30 AM. I say, she wasn't walking where he says she was at that time. IMO, nonsense.

Agree that she wasn't walking home at 4:30. BUT one unanswered phone call shouldn't be enough to force JR to say that Lauren was with him until 4:30, should it? Wouldn't the story be easier to say that she left the other guys' place at 3:30 for home (or that the guys parted company with her before she went to 11th and college)?

And that he butt-dialed his friend or wanted to ask about something stupid?

I agree. And why call rather than text? My 20 year olds would only call if they had a very long tale to tell or needed me to do something immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay