IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Date and acquaintance rape has increased. Often alcohol plays a major role.

I know, but we are all adults. You can't really be responsible for other people's actions. I also don't hangout with people that get that messed up...

I think it's possible that someone with information would do an interview because people expect that they wouldn't say anything if they were involved.
I think he seems guilty or ashamed, but that could easily be because he was the one who took Lauren to JR's in the first place.

If DR was a POI, don't believe he would be allowed to search.

My mom was a drug addict. Cocaine, to be more specific. I've been around drugged up people. In my own house growing up.

My mom NEVER talked about the substances she used... she actually lied about it.

I remember when I was 10 and I saw a coke plate under her bed. I was 10, it was really horrible for me. My mom came to my bed and told me it was some sort of ear medicine.

I remember this very clearly.

Curiousgirl, I know what you're talking about, I've experienced the same thing.
People lie to their families, and brag to their friends or fellow participants.

My apologies to DR and no offense meant here at all. I think he looks like an embarrassed camera shy awkward guy just shy of being an adult who is merely a step away from what we used to call a geek. Not the kind of person that has the mojo to commit violence, and too anxious or fearful to act as any sort of accomplice to a coverup of any sort.

It's hard to learn that a girl wandering around at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., essentially incapacitated, incoherent, and by herself, is a bad thing?

Sometimes it takes a long time to learn lessons. We all mature differently, and realizing the stupidity of your own actions can take months or years (I know from experience).
Despite the fact that it's not smart for girls to walk around alone late at night it will continue to happen. Young people see themselves as invincible. For some people, college is just an extension of adolescence. I don't think these kids are any different from college kids all across the country, they just face extraordinary circumstances.

If DR was a POI, don't believe he would be allowed to search.

I was wondering about that. I thought it seemed like this video was taken right away, like maybe the very next day, though (the article below says June 5). Maybe they hadn't determined the 10 POIs yet?

My apologies to DR and no offense meant here at all. I think he looks like an embarrassed camera shy awkward guy just shy of being an adult who is merely a step away from what we used to call a geek. Not the kind of person that has the mojo to commit violence, and too anxious or fearful to act as any sort of accomplice to a coverup of any sort.

He does look awkward, but he also looks kind of high to me. The fact that he refuses to make eye contact makes him look kind of shifty.

You know, I'm not sure how old you are, but I can just say, old habits die hard.

Last year 3 guys from my city who everyone kind of knew were killed in car accidents. The 3 guys were driving drunk.

You would think all of their friends would learn a lesson right? Well, maybe for the first week. Everyone is back at driving drunk again.

Is it hard to learn that driving drunk in the AM, by themselves, is a bad thing? Apprently so.

But this just proves my point. If the 2nd and 3rd guys had learned anything, they wouldn't have been drunk driving and died.

Is it terrible that happened to them? Yes, absolutely, I wouldn't wish it on them or their families at all.

But is it also their own fault? Yes, absolutely.

Yeah, my stance sounds harsh and insensitive, but being an apologist for people doesn't help them either.
In fact, kids who act spoiled like this have probably been treated exactly that way their whole life, someone always apologizing for them, excusing their actions.

That's why they never learn.

Beyond how this case turns out for LS and her family, one can only hope that others learn from these people's mistakes.

^^^By the way I'm not in any way insinuating that what happened to LS was her own fault.
(unless it turns out she OD'd or something)

There is a difference between driving yourself into a tree and getting snatched up off the streets, or attacked by someone you know.

Just trying to get the point across that people should learn from reckless behavior,
not only to not do it themselves, but try to look out for others too.

I would like to know how many RSO's live in the vicinity where Lauren disappeared. We are doing alot of speculating here and there are many good ideas. But there is the possibility that Lauren was abducted on her walkabout and is being held in someone's home nearby for all we know. JMO

wm

I would like to know how many RSO's live in the vicinity where Lauren disappeared. We are doing alot of speculating here and there are many good ideas. But there is the possibility that Lauren was abducted on her walkabout and is being held in someone's home nearby for all we know. JMO

wm

I looked last week I think and there were a lot. Triple digits, if I recall.

Thanks Ven! Hopefully LE is checking this out. I haven't heard any questions from reporters to LE asking this question but one would think that it makes sense, IMO.

wm

ETA Triple digits! No Chit? That seems like ALOT! BTW, I believe you!

Those that sell drugs to others are criminally responsible and those who engage in other potential criminal activity such as dumping a body are also criminally responsible.

It is also my understanding that this thread is about Lauren Spierer's disappearance. Not anyone else's. So while personal experiences are interesting, they are not automatically Lauren Spierer's experiences no matter how strongly any one of us would like to impose our experiences upon the rest of the world.

The police have said they have heard the rumors of drug involvement and are looking at all possibilities. Those rumors include Lauren, herself, saying she was doing Coke and Xanax that night. That is why this is being discussed -- regardless of what anyone else's personal experiences may or may not be.

It is also being discussed in the context that, if she overdosed, her body seems to be nowhere to be found. And, as mentioned above, this is a potential crime for good reason. If Lauren overdosed her parents deserve to know that and bury her properly rather than going through this hell where they are imagining even worse scenarios.

I was wondering about that. I thought it seemed like this video was taken right away, like maybe the very next day, though (the article below says June 5). Maybe they hadn't determined the 10 POIs yet?

Ahhh...I was searching for the date of the interview, but didn't scroll down enough. Very early. However, he's not been named. Head down was throughout. Possibly, of very, very shy temperament. At that point (June 5), could have been simply information withheld, which has now been provided. Also, I don't think he had responded to his prior charges at this point (knew at time of this interview---head down, he was gonna get the call from LE re prior situation that likely he had not told parents of, nor had he responded to on his own).

Prayers that Lauren is found soon! Will check in with you all later...

wm

Ahhh...I was searching for the date of the interview, but didn't scroll down enough. Very early. However, he's not been named. Head down was throughout. Possibly, of very, very shy temperament. At that point (June 5), could have been simply information withheld, which has now been provided. Also, I don't think he had responded to his prior charges at this point (knew at time of this interview---head down, he was gonna get the call from LE re prior situation that likely he had not told parents of, nor had he responded to on his own).

That's right, he had missed his court date 5/27. Could definitely explain his unwillingness to look directly at the camera. Thanks!
ETA: He still could be a POI, couldn't he? We only have some of the names of the first 10 if I recall correctly, not including the secondary tier and LE's statement that 10 was not a hard and fast number.

Thanks Ven! Hopefully LE is checking this out. I haven't heard any questions from reporters to LE asking this question but one would think that it makes sense, IMO.

wm

ETA Triple digits! No Chit? That seems like ALOT! BTW, I believe you!

According to Captain at one of the pressers, SOs checked out and accounted for.

Unfortunately I get the feeling that unless they find her this case is going to go cold.

I see your point. Two weeks ago when we were searching up there, there was an awful lot of tree/shrub detritus spilling on to the sidewalk just east of the new construction on the south side of the street. That's what I'm basing my statement about trees/ shrubbery/ etc. on. It could have been placed there by people cleaning up after Friday the 3rd (the new construction people clearing part of that lot, maybe). I believe we were there on the 8th of June. No matter in the long run, though-- that corner can't be seen from the apartment window. And you are correct--it is fairly dark there. The main illumination at night would have come from the stoplight. I'll have to go look this evening.
ETA: Streetlight on NW corner. Will have to see how it illuminates the other side of the street.

There are security lights mounted on the building too. They look like they are the high output lights used at prisons. All the light is directed down to the sidewalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member