IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White truck no longer a consideration in the case according to IDS news
www.IDSnews.com

...and Lauren's mother pleads for information..from the same article...
"Lauren’s mother, Charlene Spierer, then made a statement. She said that she wanted to “say to the person who has that info: We all come to a crossroads in our life where we can take the high road or the low road. I’m begging and pleading with you to define yourself as a person that’s going to help with this. Our only goal is to find Lauren. Please take the high road.”

^^^By the way I'm not in any way insinuating that what happened to LS was her own fault.
(unless it turns out she OD'd or something)

There is a difference between driving yourself into a tree and getting snatched up off the streets, or attacked by someone you know.

Just trying to get the point across that people should learn from reckless behavior,
not only to not do it themselves, but try to look out for others too.

You are saying that if Lauren OD'd, her .death is her own fault

You could make that argument, but what's not her fault, even if she did OD, is the fact that she is missing. The fault in that lies squarely in the lap of the person Charlene Spierer is speaking to at the briefings.

So am I understanding correctly that the tiny white car way in the distance that I have circled in red, to be the corner that he stated he saw LS round?.. And that the distance in the photo is pretty accurate in the distance from JRs to the corner?

If so, then I am very leery of his claim seeing LS round this corner a) because hE wouldve had to have been outside of his apt.. Itbwouldnt be visible from apt window.. And b)as is seen in the ^above^ photo a full size vehicle is barely distinguishable and we are talking an under 5" tall girl weighing 90lbs.. IMO 10x smaller than the tiny white speck of a car that we can see in the photo.. Literally binoculars with nightvision would have been needed for him to be able to "see" LS round that corner( I say nightvision because just as btown pointed out this would be an extremely dark area at that time with very very little light..
f0bd7671.jpg

It is quite simple. There were two shots from two different cameras operating on two different computer system. The time difference occurs when one or both of them do not have the same time in their computer system. It would be like me setting the time for my computer at 12:37 when in reality the time was 12:43. Couple that with another company setting their time at 12:47 when in reality it was 12:43 and you have the same vehicle in two different pictures seemingly ten minutes apart.

They did not know that was the case until the tested the time stamps. They wanted to get the information out as quick as possible in case someone remembered the white truck that night.

The kid(s) did this and LE is trying to pressure/trick someone into talking. When they find the body, it will be too late for someone to come forward. The first one that talks wins in this situation. One of them will sell the others out.

Your post explains the difference in the timestamps but what about the 1st time the driver ran the stop sign & turned right and the 2nd time around driver went straight? LOL no need to answer this, I know the truck is a moot point now.

DR totally has nothing to do with it. For those of you who are looking so closely at this kid, I wonder what you are thinking about JR. Plus DR lives at Smallwood and seems like he was asleep at 4:15 am. First time I've seen this video of DR. Looks totally believable, truthful, honest, young man. Google his attorney, Ron Chapman, and read his remarks. They all add up.

I think if anyone were easy to rule out as POI's, it would be anyone living/staying the night at Smallwood. It has camera's, and if HT were to sneak out to kill her friend and cover it up, she would be caught leaving and returning at the suspected hours....same goes for DR if he was a "Cleaner". Those 2 just are not on my radar. For me, it's the last person, person with an obvious motive, and/or the one with memory loss on the most convenient/inconvenient night of his life. Slim to no chance for me that it was a stranger. Her parent's statements speak volumes to me, and pretty much rule out stranger's for me.

Whatever happened to her with 1 of those boys (MOO), she didn't deserve to be "dumped" somewhere.

So am I understanding correctly that the tiny white car way in the distance that I have circled in red, to be the corner that he stated he saw LS round?.. And that the distance in the photo is pretty accurate in the distance from JRs to the corner?

If so, then I am very leery of his claim seeing LS round this corner a) because hE wouldve had to have been outside of his apt.. Itbwouldnt be visible from apt window.. And b)as is seen in the ^above^ photo a full size vehicle is barely distinguishable and we are talking an under 5" tall girl weighing 90lbs.. IMO 10x smaller than the tiny white speck of a car that we can see in the photo.. Literally binoculars with nightvision would have been needed for him to be able to "see" LS round that corner( I say nightvision because just as btown pointed out this would be an extremely dark area at that time with very very little light..
f0bd7671.jpg

No. That car is probably about a block further. You can tell by using scale of those movable barriers. Those barriers are at the corner of College Av.

I think that white car is on the corner of 11th and Walnut (which is one-way heading north, vs. College's one-way running south at this point). It's a very short stretch between these two streets. The intersection in question is where that building on the left is with the gray area and bricks in the background-- that building is diagonally opposite of the corner that LS supposedly turned (does that make sense?). She was on the SW corner, that building I've pointed out is on the NE corner.
ETA: What puffster said.

Your post explains the difference in the timestamps but what about the 1st time the driver ran the stop sign & turned right and the 2nd time around driver went straight? LOL no need to answer this, I know the truck is a moot point now.

I know....I think it was a hunch due to the angle of the cameras. One looked like it turned the other made it look like it went straight. From my understanding, they are not video camera just still frames taken every so many minutes or seconds.

f0bd7671.jpg

In your other photos, can't you see the four lights mounted on the building? One is clearly visible in this photo.

It's hard to learn that a girl wandering around at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., essentially incapacitated, incoherent, and by herself, is a bad thing?

The fact is, we don't know anything about her condition that night or where she was after 2:50 a.m. We dont even know what substances she was using that night... there hasn't been a confirmation from anyone close to her that she was under the influence of anything other than alcohol.

I agree it's a bad thing for a young women to be walking around by herself, intoxicated at 4 a.m., but we don't even know if she was.

I just think that some people are unfarily putting the blame on friends with so little evidence of what actually went on that night.

So what does anyone make of the female bartender witnessing LS being carried by a male at 3:38 am?

I don't believe that story is credible. For one, it comes from a blog. No mainstream media source has corroborated it, as far as I know. For other, timeline doesn't make sense. And police have not released any sketches of the dark-skinned man with sideburns.

DR totally has nothing to do with it. For those of you who are looking so closely at this kid, I wonder what you are thinking about JR. Plus DR lives at Smallwood and seems like he was asleep at 4:15 am. First time I've seen this video of DR. Looks totally believable, truthful, honest, young man. Google his attorney, Ron Chapman, and read his remarks. They all add up.

I suppose the fact that he lives at Smallwood with the cameras does rule him out as a suspect. But I still don't see him as totally believable, truthful, and honest. He could still know more than he's saying.

Before we decide that anyone who lives in Smallwood couldn't possibly be a POI, is there a way to get out of Smallwood without getting on camera? Like a back exit or something?

Before we decide that anyone who lives in Smallwood couldn't possibly be a POI, is there a way to get out of Smallwood without getting on camera? Like a back exit or something?

Are there back stairs or fire escapes?

I'm wondering if a likely scenario might involve a sexual assault or assaults committed by one or more of those who were:
1. the last to see her
2. may have a criminal and or civil record
3. may have been drinking and or otherwise ingesting mind altering substances
4. may have gone shopping for a lawyer before they went looking for LS

Hope I do this correctly...I'm new. I think one (or more) of the boys knows what happened. I think it was an accidental heart attack brought on by a big night of partying or an assault of some kind. She is a small girl. Put her in a trash bag, load that in a duffle bag, suitcase with wheels, hockey bag, even a mid-sized box, put that in your car and drive out of Bloomington home to Mom and Dad's house. Suddenly you are free to come and go and dispose of her far, far from Bloomington. (Sorry if that is too graphic.)

When did leave boys leave? Were their places searched before they left? Where their cars and bags checked before they went home? Did they fly home or drive?

BTW, if the bf and others were my kid, I'd hire an attorney but camp out with my kid in a Bloomington area hotel for at least a week or so to make sure he was constantly available to LE so they could rule him out. I would not allow him to hide out at home until he had fully cooperated with LE. JMO

:Welcome1: and great post!

Sorry if I confused you by posting the picture. My post wasn't really clear.
We were trying to figure out if Lauren could be seen from JR's.

Puffster and Old-Time are correct. That white car and sign are 1 block farther than Lauren is reported to have turned.

Which was my point.
If you can see a 4 foot tall car 2 blocks away, you should be able to see a 5 foot tall person from 1 block away. In the daylight anyway.

However, Old-Time explained to me that there were some bushes blocking the view previously. That I did not know.

Haven't read much today...can someone update me as to why the truck is a moot point now?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members