IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what this witness see or didn't see, but LE seems to be clear that there is nothing to support the idea that LS was there at 3:38 am with a mystery man.

There is exactly the same support of LS at 338 as there is of LS as 430, the report of a witness that cannot be corroborated by video.

I'm not in any way saying these events did or didn't happen, just that they shouldn't be discounted based on what we've been told.

Re "mystery man" video:

"We have reviewed the video, not only the timeline we have been using but also where Lauren does in fact appear in that video with someone who is already known to investigators," said Qualters.

Qualters said everyone in the surveillance video is known to investigators, and that out of 300 hours of video evidence, some were still outstanding.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14956457/...tinue-to-review-video-in-missing-student-case

-Begin Rant - :maddening:

Okay websleuths, this discussion is becoming very frustrating. And I think I echo others when saying this. There is SO much speculation about the timeline, the 3:38 thing, videos, who said/confirmed what, etc. It's fruitless.

THE COPS AREN'T GOING TO CONFIRM/DENY ANYTHING IMPORTANT AND HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING SO! They are investigating a crime and will release false and confusing information to the public if they think it will help.

We can go back and forth and up and down and round and round about timeline timeline timeline, and none of it matters. We, the public, AREN'T GOING TO BE TOLD THE REAL FACTS! LE is up against a massive heavyweight defense attorney who will use everything possible to smash a prosecutor's case. LE will keep all their cards hidden until they have enough to arrest someone, end of story.

- End Rant - :maddening:

Perhaps we could discuss the following?
- Possible motives.
- Possible ways/places to dispose of body.
- Possible strategies defense attorneys could be using.
- Who LS's "friends" are and why they're not talking.
- Possible drug connections.
- How the search is going/what strategies they're using.
- Anything but trying to confirm a timeline that we can not confirm.

PS - I'm not trying to take anyone down or cause offense to be taken, it's clear to me we all want to help and this discussion has been great, really. I'm just trying to make us a bit more effective. :)

I just looked at the Twitter account of one of LS's best friends, AR, a girl who has been mentioned in many MSM reports. I think she's from NJ? Some of her most recent Tweets talk about how good it is to be home, how much she's missed her friends and how good it is to see her best friends. She also tweets a photo of her and friends with a caption "good to be home #blunts"

Her most recent Tweet, sent just minutes ago, did mention the need to find LS. Still, it seems like she's moved on. :/

JMHO!

Just out of curiosity, how do you know AR is one of her best friends? Is she one of the two who reported LS missing?

Re "mystery man" video:

"We have reviewed the video, not only the timeline we have been using but also where Lauren does in fact appear in that video with someone who is already known to investigators," said Qualters.

Qualters said everyone in the surveillance video is known to investigators, and that out of 300 hours of video evidence, some were still outstanding.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14956457/...tinue-to-review-video-in-missing-student-case

Appears on video but not at 3:38 am.
So if the witness was correct, LS should have appeared on video at 3:38 am, but did not. So pretty clear that the supposed encounter with a mystery man couldn't have happened at 3:38 am.

YO!!!:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Nothing about the 3:38 is going to be coming, or elaborated on, so can we please put it aside back in the "extraneous info that is murky to some" category and discuss what info we DID get?
Only 1 friend called LE, please explain how you think this statement is true when we KNOW the POIs have talked to LE.

anyone?

I don't think she is referring to the POIs as friends. Like, I doubt the Mom sees CR or JR as friends of Lauren. I was assuming she meant the tons of random people who probably aren't involved, but were closer to Lauren. Could be that none of them know anything though...

Only 1 friend called LE, please explain how you think this statement is true when we KNOW the POIs have talked to LE.

anyone?

In talking to LE, they could be pleading the 5th. Especially since they have all lawyered up. Still, that would constitute "talking". Also - the POIs may not know what the other POIs have said or to whom they each have spoken, so this could very well be another ploy to get the POIs to woner who is saying what....

YO!!!:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Nothing about the 3:38 is going to be coming, or elaborated on, so can we please put it aside back in the "extraneous info that is murky to some" category and discuss what info we DID get?

anyone?

If you scroll up, someone commented about this, and I would agree. The POIs have talked to LE but Mom said today that only one friend has CALLED the PD. I take this to mean that one person has called in, on his/her own, without being interviewed. It appears that one person has offered up info on his/her own. The POI's, while being interviewed, would presumably have an attorney present. There is a big difference b/w someone being interviewed, and someone calling in on his/her own to offer information.

She's probably referring to people who have called LE from the time she last pleaded for them to come forward. She's also probably referring to people who voluntarily called, and gave new information.

I don't think she is referring to the POIs as friends. Like, I doubt the Mom sees CR or JR as friends of Lauren. I was assuming she meant the tons of random people who probably aren't involved, but were closer to Lauren. Could be that none of them know anything though...

According to HT, LS knew JR for a long time. So why wouldn't LS mother consider JR a friend?

She's probably referring to people who have called LE from the time she last pleaded for them to come forward. She's also probably referring to people who voluntarily called, and gave new information.

Only one friend of LS called police and gave information, according to the mother.

There is exactly the same support of LS at 338 as there is of LS as 430, the report of a witness that cannot be corroborated by video.

I'm not in any way saying these events did or didn't happen, just that they shouldn't be discounted based on what we've been told.

If LE is saying they were looking at video and LS is not there at 3:38 am, then I presume it's a safe bet to assume if the witness was correct, LS should have been on the video at 3:38 am but wasn't.
But there are no video cameras to verify if LS actually left JR's apartment building. So it's not the same thing at all.

A General Note for all: We don't tell others how to post here. If you have seen information that satisfies your "need to know" that's fine. Move past those posts that continue to ask questions about those facts.

We can not be effective if we don't allow for a full discussion of all the facts as they are known. Everybody gets to speculate, theorize, and discuss as long as they are within TOS.

And remember - you do NOT have to reply to every post. If a post is not something you want to discuss - SCROLL ON BY. Just keep going.

And prayers that Lauren is home soon!

Salem

According to HT, LS knew JR for a long time. So why wouldn't LS mother consider JR a friend?

Maybe it is just my weird family, but I knew a ton of guys in college and my Mom didn't really consider them my friends in a close way. Like, not like how she considered people I brought over to the house or spent the night with or go shopping with every week.

Perhaps these dismissed citings don't support the investigators' 'confirmation bias'?

Surely, they have a working theory. (Even each of us does!) And they have phone records. Seems they aren't getting corroboration from "friends". They have a sense of what happened and expectations that there is information out among her friends. So do I, but these friends have been inured to Charlene's pleas and time further compounds that. There is no pressure on these friends and probably no chance that she would be found in the search. (I hope she is, of course)).

-Begin Rant - :maddening:

Okay websleuths, this discussion is becoming very frustrating. And I think I echo others when saying this. There is SO much speculation about the timeline, the 3:38 thing, videos, who said/confirmed what, etc. It's fruitless.

THE COPS AREN'T GOING TO CONFIRM/DENY ANYTHING IMPORTANT AND HAVE NO INTEREST IN DOING SO! They are investigating a crime and will release false and confusing information to the public if they think it will help.

We can go back and forth and up and down and round and round about timeline timeline timeline, and none of it matters. We, the public, AREN'T GOING TO BE TOLD THE REAL FACTS! LE is up against a massive heavyweight defense attorney who will use everything possible to smash a prosecutor's case. LE will keep all their cards hidden until they have enough to arrest someone, end of story.

- End Rant - :maddening:

Perhaps we could discuss the following?
- Possible motives.
- Possible ways/places to dispose of body.
- Possible strategies defense attorneys could be using.
- Who LS's "friends" are and why they're not talking.
- Possible drug connections.
- How the search is going/what strategies they're using.
- Anything but trying to confirm a timeline that we can not confirm.

I'd like to put this out: Someone, a frat brother, a mercenary, a Smallwood or 5 North business associate or neighbor, came to the aid and drove the body away only to return a few days later w/o anyone noticing.

well, one way to dismiss him as a friend is if you suspect he had some blame in this tragedy

I'd like to put this out: Someone, a frat brother, a mercenary, a Smallwood or 5 North business associate or neighbor, came to the aid and drove the body away only to return a few days later w/o anyone noticing.
why "DAYS LATER" when just hours would work and be less suspicious maybe? why do you think person was gone for days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay