IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know how CR can be certain there was another "confrontation" that morning, if he was sleeping, and/or can't remember? This says "morning", which would mean prior to noon. What time did he awake?

I don't want to report any rumors, but there is info in the comments on other sites about this second confrontation. And it may have been the morning following the missing report. I do believe that one of the persons reportedly involved already knew that LS was missing whether it was on Saturday or Friday, and had a personal stake in it.

2. Maybe the two other people who saw her were JW and another friend. They may have come over to JR's. She was obviously in a terrible state. I still can't believe she COULD have attempted to walk home, nor do I believe she made that call at 4:15. So they came over and found Lauren ODd and confront CR

Snipped by me.

Maybe the confrontation is the reason CR finally woke up from his memory-loss stupor/brain injury.
I remember reading that the confrontation was with JW and either his father or his friends. It maybe have been on video, but I'm having a hard time looking for it. I'll link if I find it.

ETA:This is all I can find which doesn't specify who was involved.

"The lawyer also said a second confrontation, at Rossman’s building, took place a couple of days after Spierer went missing, when other students confronted him."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ords-100-000-reward-offered-?odyssey=nav|head

Is it just me, or are the camp of friends that includes JW and the camp of friends that includes CR really going out of their way to point fingers at each other? this seems odd to me, since they are really intertwined. And HT, she's definitely in both camps IIRC. I really hope she has told everything that she knows, or has heard. I wonder?

One friend has contacted police? That breaks my heart and explains why the parents might seem so leery of her friends.

You would think that even if her friends had NOTHING to do with the disappearance, they would be contacting LE to see if they could be of help. Her friends know LS's behaviors, tendencies, habits. They may be able to answer questions about LS that no one else can - even LS's parents. I'm sure LS's behavior in school is different from home.

For a girl who seems to have so many friends, this is so sad. :(

I've kind of held my tongue on this as the person involved has been named a roommate but hasn't appeared in many stories (no it is not HT). The friend has a public twitter and upon her arrival home she has that she got home #blunts, she also has a few references sprinkled throughout to 420, bongs and other such things. Clearly she is a heavy pot smoker; which fine, does not point to anything. However it seems oddly self-absorbed to go on about being home and smoking when your roommate is missing. I am sure this kid knows very little about what happened that night, but it gives me the sense that these friends were not the close people they led one to believe in news stories, but rather "party buddies".

Is it just me, or are the camp of friends that includes JW and the camp of friends that includes CR really going out of their way to point fingers at each other? this seems odd to me, since they are really intertwined. And HT, she's definitely in both camps IIRC. I really hope she has told everything that she knows, or has heard. I wonder?

And why aren't they speculating? Maybe they do not need to.

I've kind of held my tongue on this as the person involved has been named a roommate but hasn't appeared in many stories (no it is not HT). The friend has a public twitter and upon her arrival home she has that she got home #blunts, she also has a few references sprinkled throughout to 420, bongs and other such things. Clearly she is a heavy pot smoker; which fine, does not point to anything. However it seems oddly self-absorbed to go on about being home and smoking when your roommate is missing. I am sure this kid knows very little about what happened that night, but it gives me the sense that these friends were not the close people they led one to believe in news stories, but rather "party buddies".

That would be really significant. I think that many posts have centered around figuring out things like why LS was allowed to walk home alone (etc) that have different undertones depending on the quality of the relationships.

Maybe the attorney isn't referring to her boyfriend. Also, we don't know whether JW was in contact with her that night. Unless some has his phone records and is holding out on us.

what about personal contact - Still possible that he was told verbally in person about the earlier confrontation, and possibly involved personally later on. None of it requires him using a cell phone (or HIS phone).

Good point. Can anyone shed some light on the things a PI can/would do if they were hired to "investigate" a POI? Anyone have experience in this area? Has Papa Spierer confirmed he's taking such additional measures? My guess is he has.

Also, can anyone share about what's being covered in the local NY-area press? What's the word on the street? These guys all seem to come from prominent families and there is certainly drama within that community.

I'm from the area Lauren is from and there is extensive news coverage of the entire thing. The local news (news12) has updates on it daily and Lohud (aka the journal news) is covering it pretty heavily as well. I've heard, in passing, people talking about it around town.

I don't buy that JW waited until 2:00 pm Friday to see her.

That would be really significant. I think that many posts have centered around figuring out things like why LS was allowed to walk home alone (etc) that have different undertones depending on the quality of the relationships.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal - she likely had an awful week, and is truly glad to be home and with her friends, and the number of her tweets about LS far outnumber the "silly" ones.

Whether it's a smart idea for her to be tweeting about blunts, etc, while she's in the public eye in a whole other story.

LE was pretty clear (to me) that 1. there is no "mystery man" as they are fully aware of who Lauren was with 2. they have not changed the time she was last seen that can be verified.

what about personal contact - Still possible that he was told verbally in person about the earlier confrontation, and possibly involved personally later on. None of it requires him using a cell phone (or HIS phone).

Yeah, the only 'alibi' regarding JW that I have seen seemed very vague...The roommate said something to the effect of 'he didn't receive any phone calls or visitors' that night. He did not say, as far as I know, that JW was home all night either. (Sorry, I can't find the article where this came from now to cite directly).

I see what you're saying, but AR has just as many (if not more) tweets supporting the search for Lauren over the past couple of weeks, including a photo she snapped on June 7 which I believe shows LS's parents addressing a group of people (search party). She and HT have both been quoted as having participated in the early searches.

Honestly, I don't believe any alibis, or much of what any of the players say. I think everyone knows more than they have said, whether it is directly involved with LS's disappearance or not. I'm not saying that they are all lying, just that I have no way to verify what has been said so none if it is fact as far as I am concerned. I imagine there are no phone calls on JW's phone since why say that if it can be disproven - but even that is an assumption I am making.

I just meant that we don't know what the nature of the contact between LS and JW was during the relevant time. Were they fighting? The post I replied to said that there was no documented contact from JW - not likely true, IMO. He was trying to get a hold of her, so LE probably has record of JW trying to reach LS, even if it was just one way.

I think that the activity seen by the witness may have matched the activity seen by LE on the earlier video (i.e carrying Lauren or throwing her over their shoulder) and they know who it was who did that. And I think they have tested the various cameras for time-correctness, and probably know how much each one is off from true time by now.

Anyway, they said they know who this guy is, so I believe them. If they thought there was another guy out there with interaction with Lauren during this time period who they could not identify, I think they would be asking for help.

I don't want to report any rumors, but there is info in the comments on other sites about this second confrontation. And it may have been the morning following the missing report. I do believe that one of the persons reportedly involved already knew that LS was missing whether it was on Saturday or Friday, and had a personal stake in it.

The supposed second confrontation at CR's building was stated by Salzmann, CR's attorney, and he said it occurred "a couple days after" LS disappeared:

Salzmann said a second confrontation at CR's building took place a couple days after Spierer went missing, when other students confronted him. Salzmann would not elaborate.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...mpanion-groggy-OK-few-hours-later-friend-says

I would just like to say that Lauren's parents are the epitome of dignity. This case makes me furious - I think if I were her mom I would be in jail for ripping someone's face off by now. They are able to handle it with such grace.

I just meant that we don't know what the nature of the contact between LS and JW was during the relevant time. Were they fighting? The post I replied to said that there was no documented contact from JW - not likely true, IMO. He was trying to get a hold of her, so LE probably has record of JW trying to reach LS, even if it was just one way.

Well, we do know (from HT?) that JW texted LS a bunch of times and Sports replied to one of them telling him that she left the phone at the bar.

As I type this I realize we don't know what time those texts were sent out.

Well, we do know (from HT?) that JW texted LS a bunch of times and Sports replied to one of them telling him that she left the phone at the bar.

As I type this I realize we don't know what time those texts were sent out.

Makes me curious about what their contact was like earlier in the day, like all day Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem