IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me add: the JW camp appears to know a lot more about JR than CR. The CR/MB(/JR?) camp, while not seeking to implicate JR, does not appear to regard him very highly either

I don't believe this at all. At the very least he knows about his friends and the confrontation that happened. And having a roommate go on record that JW "went to bed and didn't get any phone calls and texts" just seems so artificial to me.
I am not saying I believe it is untrue, either. What I am saying is that as far as I am concerned at this point, this alibi is completely meaningless. I think people who support JW and are concerned about him taking the blame ought to call up LE and tell them everything that they have heard or that they know about that night.

Its probably been posted numerous times, so I apologize in advance, but.. Can you link this interview in which JW's friend talks about not getting any calls or texts? thx

JW texts to LS' cell when he can't locate her on Friday. That's typical young adult college student behavior. You text.

"Someone/body" calls from JR's cell to DR's (Don't buy for a second that LS dialed DR's number. Nope.), then IMO there is a major problem or an alibi is needed. Young adult college students' using the voice feature is only reserved for business or an emergency situation.

I agree with college students mostly texting, but not at that hour. If I'm out late and need to get in touch with someone who I think is sleeping I would definitely call because you'd have a better chance of waking them up.

If JW has no texts from his friends during those hours, perhaps that is telling. LE probably looked hard at who usually texts him during those hours, and if they didn't that morning that might not look too good for the friends (and not necessarily JW).

I tried to explain this earlier - I believe that you are misinterpreting this article, with the benefit of hindsight. At the time of that article, it was believed, at least in the media, that CR was the last to see LS. Therefore, media erroneously reported that LE interviewed that individual, who we now know to be JR, when in fact LE was interviewing CR. I laid this out in a post on the previous thread, with links.

No. Just NO.

Read:
Lieutenant Bill Parker said the Bloomington Police have conducted polygraph tests with the people who were with Lauren the night she disappeared. “We have spoken to the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th, and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away, but I don’t want to [say] what was stated at this point"

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/camera-recorded-information-missing-iu-student/

NPR quoting LE directly. I am sorry they are CLEARLY referring to BOTH CR and JR as having been spoken to.

What I am feeling is that unless someone who has knowledge confesses, we may never learn what happened to Lauren or where she is. There are only so many ways for LE to move forward without help from an accomplice, or friend of a friend who may know something. And just too many places she could be. Even if they obtain phone records and have all kinds of info and suspicions about who talked to who, and when, it may not help. They may get lucky if one or more phones pinged in a certain area after 3AM...but then again, some "ping" areas are pretty large and rural and they would still need luck to find Lauren.

Its probably been posted numerous times, so I apologize in advance, but.. Can you link this interview in which JW's friend talks about not getting any calls or texts? thx

Found it. Here's the quote, link below.

Wolff's friend told Fox59 News that Wolff was watching basketball several hours before Spierer disappeared and was under the impression his girlfriend was staying home at her apartment at Smallwood Plaza. He said Wolff went to bed at 2:30 a.m., about the same time Spierer and Rossman were coming home from Kilroy's Sports Bar.

The friend said Wolff received no phone calls or visitors in the hours after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood. The friend said Wolff called Spierer's cell phone the next day when it was answered by an employee of Kilroys'. Wolff then alerted Spierer's friends of her disappearance before filing a police report and calling her parents in New York.

The friend said Wolff's father arrived in Bloomington from Port Washington, New York, that weekend. Another source said Wolff confronted Rossman at his apartment in the same building where Spierer was last spotted.

The friend told Fox59 News that the Bloomington police searched Wolf's apartment but not all of his roommates had been interviewed. The friend did not express surprise when he was told that detectives are considering whether recreational drug use may play a role in their investigation of Spierer's disappearance.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

and let me say to you: no. just NO. they are CLEARLY referring to CR and MB, not JR.

I'm ok with agreeing to disagree. But I do want you to know that I believe that the harder you fight to convince me that JW is an innocent, the more I am going to believe he is involved. I know my motives, I do not trust yours.

and let me say to you: no. just NO. they are CLEARLY referring to CR and MB, not JR.

I read that as being different altogether. I think they're clearly speaking about all three.....the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th would presumably be CR and MB (perhaps others), while "and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away" would presumably be JR.

For you to believe that they are referring to JR and MB, you must necessarily assume that JR was present, and polygraphed, on the 8th. The reporting on the case has made clear that CR and MB have been polygraphed. It has said nothing about a JR polygraph, or for that matter necessarily about any direct contact between LE and JR.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal - she likely had an awful week, and is truly glad to be home and with her friends, and the number of her tweets about LS far outnumber the "silly" ones.

Whether it's a smart idea for her to be tweeting about blunts, etc, while she's in the public eye in a whole other story.

To clarify - I was not referring to the tweets specifically as being "really significant." I meant the OP's hypothesis re: the nature of the relationships. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I read that as being different altogether. I think they're clearly speaking about all three.....the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th would presumably be CR and MB (perhaps others), while "and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away" would presumably be JR.

Once again, this reading is with the benefit of hindsight. As far as I can tell, as of the 8th, when this information was reported, there was no public report of JR's having been the last to see LS. That detail was revealed, I believe, by CR's attorney on the 8th or the 9th.

IMO, things don't look good for JR. He's either the last person to see her, or he's lying, which would mean he is involved somehow.

I'm ok with agreeing to disagree. But I do want you to know that I believe that the harder you fight to convince me that JW is an innocent, the more I am going to believe he is involved. I know my motives, I do not trust yours.

That's fine, but you've misunderstood my purpose, which is not to exonerate JW.

Here's the quote and link to JWs frat bro:
Wolff's friend told Fox59 News that Wolff was watching basketball several hours before Spierer disappeared and was under the impression his girlfriend was staying home at her apartment at Smallwood Plaza. He said Wolff went to bed at 2:30 a.m., about the same time Spierer and Rossman were coming home from Kilroy's Sports Bar.

The friend said Wolff received no phone calls or visitors in the hours after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood. The friend said Wolff called Spierer's cell phone the next day when it was answered by an employee of Kilroys'. Wolff then alerted Spierer's friends of her disappearance before filing a police report and calling her parents in New York.]
http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

Once again, this reading is with the benefit of hindsight. As far as I can tell, as of the 8th, when this information was reported, there was no public report of JR's having been the last to see LS. That detail was revealed, I believe, by CR's attorney on the 8th or the 9th.

Revealed to the public on the 8th or 9th.

Also, in regards to a previous post, the article is dated the 8th, this is not the date that LE spoke with JR. That date is unknown to us. The press may have been confused about the timeline and the players, but we have no idea of what LE knew about it when. The term "walking away" is not descriptive of going to a room down the hall.

That's fine, but you've misunderstood my purpose, which is not to exonerate JW.

And I am not exonerating JR, just trying to make sure that we maintain the ability to think there are still other options before we full out hang him.

I agree with college students mostly texting, but not at that hour. If I'm out late and need to get in touch with someone who I think is sleeping I would definitely call because you'd have a better chance of waking them up.

This is true and you almost always would call when using another person's cell phone. For example if one person has an iPhone and the other person has a blackberry. They are generally more comfortable typing on their own phone and would be most likely to have an easier time just calling the person. Sort of like when you switch computer keyboards; none of them are exactly the same.

Anyone I am calling at 3,4,5 am is going to get a CALL if it is something I need to know right away. A text at 4am would likely go unanswered until the morning *whenever person awakens*. Several rings are more likely to wake someone than a quick text notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member