IN IN - Marina Boelter, 18, Bloomfield, 31 December 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the article above...

Boelter was last seen on New Year's Eve getting into what's been described as a four door 2009-2011 Mercury Milan near the Bloomfield IGA. The vehicle's color has been reported as everything from silver to beige, even gold in color. The Mercury has multi-spoke rims, a spoiler and a blue tooth or cellular shark fin antenna on top. (See attached similar photo).

Investigators also now have an unknown person of interest in the case. The person has been reported as the driver of the Mercury and has been described as a white male, in his 40's or 50's and heavy set. The male was also said to have been wearing glasses.

What's so frustrating to me is that this description was given on the Find Marina FB page a week ago! Now it's being released to the public. Ugh! Better late than never, but, really?!

Was she that easily lured into that nice, shiny car? Or did she know the driver?

The original speculation (rumor) was that since this car and POI description was offered by the ex-boyfriend, that it wasn't being made public because it hadn't been corroborated. I wonder if that was what was holding up the public dissemination and that now it's been corroborated or if LE decided to issue the description because they are looking for new clues?

Marina and her family are in my thoughts and prayers all day long. I really hope she's safe, taking a much needed break, and is on her way home real soon.

Boelter reportedly was last seen about 6 p.m. the last day of 2014, getting into a four-door car, possibly a Mercury Milan, with multispoke rims, a spoiler and cellphone antenna. “The vehicle’s color has been reported as everything from silver to beige, even gold,” according to an ISP news release issued Thursday afternoon. The male driver has been described by a witness as white, heavy set, in his 40s or 50s and wearing glasses.

Boelter’s family members said a former boyfriend of the missing woman described seeing Boelter leave the IGA that evening and get into the car, which was waiting in a gravel lot adjacent to the grocery.

David Boelter will not give up on finding his baby sister. He spent all day Thursday driving rural roads, looking and looking. He knows the state police have stepped in, and is glad for that. “They are doing their thing, and we are doing ours,” he said Thursday afternoon. “We’re in Bloomfield, driving all over, with no direction or anything. We don’t know what to do, except keep going.”

A candlelight prayer vigil is scheduled for 5 tonight at the south shelter house at the Bloomfield Park.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/fr...cle_64161cc1-d159-5d07-94ad-41b3bb2a7125.html

Boelter reportedly was last seen about 6 p.m. the last day of 2014, getting into a four-door car, possibly a Mercury Milan, with multispoke rims, a spoiler and cellphone antenna. “The vehicle’s color has been reported as everything from silver to beige, even gold,” according to an ISP news release issued Thursday afternoon. The male driver has been described by a witness as white, heavy set, in his 40s or 50s and wearing glasses.

Boelter’s family members said a former boyfriend of the missing woman described seeing Boelter leave the IGA that evening and get into the car, which was waiting in a gravel lot adjacent to the grocery.David Boelter will not give up on finding his baby sister. He spent all day Thursday driving rural roads, looking and looking. He knows the state police have stepped in, and is glad for that. “They are doing their thing, and we are doing ours,” he said Thursday afternoon. “We’re in Bloomfield, driving all over, with no direction or anything. We don’t know what to do, except keep going.”

A candlelight prayer vigil is scheduled for 5 tonight at the south shelter house at the Bloomfield Park.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/fr...cle_64161cc1-d159-5d07-94ad-41b3bb2a7125.html

If this info is still just coming from a former boyfriend, I'm not sure I'm buying it. Follow-up on it, yes, but .... Is this former boyfriend the baby daddy?

If this info is still just coming from a former boyfriend, I'm not sure I'm buying it. Follow-up on it, yes, but .... Is this former boyfriend the baby daddy?

I agree - it may be just a bit too convenient for him to have argued with her then she runs off into some unknown vehicle never to be seen again.

I believe the ex is Marina's son's father.

I agree - it may be just a bit too convenient for him to have argued with her then she runs off into some unknown vehicle never to be seen again.

I believe the ex is Marina's son's father.

That would be a red-flag... interesting to compare actions to the list of red-flags;

Really. What was the former boyfriend doing in the lot?

Nothing has been released yet as to how Marina usually got home from work (or to work for that matter) that I have seen. Did she usually catch a ride with a friend? Was her apartment close enough to the IGA to walk? Did she regularly take the bus?

Maybe the ex knew her schedule and met her there to have a face to face conversation (altercation). It's hard to express oneself well via text or phone, you know. All speculation on my part, of course. Did they even speak (see below, BBM)?!

Boelter’s family members said a former boyfriend of the missing woman described seeing Boelter leave the IGA that evening and get into the car, which was waiting in a gravel lot adjacent to the grocery.

Let's play devil's advocate and say that the ex DID see Marina get into the awaiting car. Who in her circle would have a car like that or be an older man? Teacher, mentor, prior boss, foster system personnel, sugar daddy (my personal favorite)? It's not like she was alone and lured into the car, right? If the story holds water than Marina knew the driver, IMO. Maybe not well, but well enough to have either arranged a ride with him or, when she saw the car, knew who the man was well enough to hop in. I'm sure getting away from a ranting ex would have been a welcome opportunity. Maybe this person has picked her up many times before? If so, I would think that one of her co-workers would recognize the description and provide some information to LE. If she arranged a ride with this man, I would think there would be a cell record of the text or call; maybe going back a while if the ride was a regular occurrence.

IF this line of inquiry is valid, I lean toward a connection to the ExploreTalent.com site. Older men with money and a perceived interest in you are dangerous to someone who may need that to boost their self-esteem, especially if they are offering a way out. I speak from experience only, not saying that Marina NEEDED this, too.

TWO VIGILS PLANNED FOR THIS WEEKEND

Bloomfield friends (and surrounding areas)... a vigil will be held TONIGHT (1/9) at 5pm at the Bloomfield town park south shelter.

Hamilton friends (and surrounding areas)... a vigil will be held tomorrow (1/10) at 6pm in the Hayes Elementary parking lot.

:candle:

Respectfully snipped from above by Mamajojo:
Let's play devil's advocate and say that the ex DID see Marina get into the awaiting car.
Now if that were me (the ex) I'd try to get the license plate number, even if nothing suspicious was happening at the time, but just to have it...

I agree. If it wasn't ex, it was likely someone known. Though, I suppose a creep could have taken advantage of seeing a young pretty girl arguing with someone and offered her a ride home to get away from him.

Mostly, I'd just like to know why ex was there at all.

Store manager/owner Matt Williams said, “She had some issues in the past, but she was starting to get things together.”

Williams said that a store employee who saw Boelter in the parking lot on the night she disappeared notified police after Boelter did not show up for work the next day. “She had a gut feeling something was wrong,” Williams said of the employee.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_0090d3ea-64a2-5370-b5b6-7db86f94994a.html

BLOOMFIELD -- Under the roof of the South Shelter House in the Bloomfield Park, family, friends and members of the community gathered in solidarity for a Friday evening prayer vigil for Marina Boelter who has been missing since New Year's Eve.
As people gathered indoors from the frigid weather outside, their faces reflected looks of both concern and solemnity.

At 5 p.m., the low of hum of chatter receded to silence, and Jeanette Walker of Greene County Middle Way House began the prayer vigil.

"Middle Way House stands against violence against women, and we have a purpose of being here, but this is a little bit different," stops Walker as she rested her hands against her face, "because Marina was a part of our lives. This isn't a stranger or someone that we didn't know. We are keeping going, and believe she is sitting somewhere in a hot tub and she is going to come back and know how much everyone loves her."

<snipped>

D.J. Lockhart, the father of Marina's child, also was in attendance.

"We went through rough patches in our life, She was doing so good. She got a job and she was so close to getting Landen back," said Lockhart.

http://www.gcdailyworld.com/story/2154872.html

What a lovely article. So much love is out there for Marina! Glad to see that her ex (her baby's father) was in attendance.

The idea that the ex just happened to be hanging around the parking lot to see her get into this mystery car with a middle aged, heavy set guy... is just WAY hinky for me. I'm thinking LE ought to be taking a closer look at ex.

The idea that the ex just happened to be hanging around the parking lot to see her get into this mystery car with a middle aged, heavy set guy... is just WAY hinky for me. I'm thinking LE ought to be taking a closer look at ex.

Agree! Wonder if they checked him for any scratches, bruises.... Generally speaking, I find it interesting in cases when the last person to see a victim tries to distance themself, especially when they embellish what they "see" by adding details; for example, instead of saying an older man, they say middle-age, heavy set.....

VIDEO - Texas Equusearch so far not able to help find missing woman

http://m.wlwt.com/news/texas-equusearch-so-far-not-able-to-help-find-missing-woman/30625340

ISP is stating that any outside help could hurt the integrity of the case. Then what about the family searching?! They are still going strong and haven't been asked to stop, AFAIK. Why can't they get the help of Texas Equusearch? So frustrating to me.

That is odd! Can't think of other cases in which a renowned group has been asked not to search. Strange....

Marina's son's father was at the vigil and spoke:

5 feet 3 inches tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes, the 18-year-old young mother was last seen around 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 31 at the parking lot of Bloomfield IGA, where she works wearing a black and purple plaid coat and a cross necklace. When she didn&#8217;t show up for work the next day, fellow employees reported her missing.

One of the last people who saw Marina at the parking lot, her former boyfriend and father of her child, D.J. Lockhart, Jr. who was also at the vigil.

&#8220;I just pray that she comes home,&#8221; Lockhart said during the sharing. Lockhart said that he and his friends were at the parking lot. &#8220;I was trying to talk to her and tell her I can give her a ride,&#8221; he said. &#8220;She didn&#8217;t have to catch a ride from that dude.&#8221;

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_afae9c5e-5425-5e33-9ac9-2f351bf7a8ee.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back