GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on all points. It is also hard to imagine how a young, well-built man could be so incredibly passive through all of these events when his family's life is in danger. He's not injured, he's not bound at the feet, and he is conscious and he doesn't even get up on his feet to try to take an aggressive stance, to at least protect his baby?

I think maybe he was just so used to getting over on the people around him he started thinking he was invincible. He thought he could lie to the cops the way he lied to his friends and family and they would take his word like everyone else did.

I think he planned it but freaked out when she did not die. Sloppy story. According to that poorly written article he told the police that he didn't know if anybody was still "hurt" ( you mean hurt instead of dead like planned) " if anyone was still hurt or whether the suspect was still there" is what the article stated. I can see a panic attack if you planned for her to die and she didn't. Darn it murder just does not go like planned.

Another strange thing.....most grown men don't sleep on their tummies on the couch. How could he be asleep on the couch and grabbed from behind "Steven "woke up to “like a strangle hold” which is described as a “rear choke” in which someone was behind him and lifted him off the couch" That just doesn't fit with a grown man on the couch. I feel he is a pure narcissistic personality disorder person. Feeling he was smarter than everybody else and could fake his way thru until she didn't die and had a meltdown. If this is the case, I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison or gets a death penalty charge.

Prayers for the children involved. They lost somebody that loved them and children need as much love as they can get in today's cruel world.

Does anyone else feel like this was not planned? Or at the very least, not planned to happen that particular day? I don't know what goes on in the mind of murderers, but I can't imagine planning to kill someone and not have run through the various scenarios of how it could play out and be prepared. This guy's story of what happened is completely ridiculous and it appears that there is no evidence to support some of the claims he made... if you were planning this, wouldn't you have better explanations? I think it would have been more believable if he said he just blacked out and has no recollection of what happened. Who tells a story about being assaulted by intruders and then doesn't make sure that there is evidence to support that?

Don't forget, we are not talking about an intelligent person here. To put it bluntly, he's an idiot and he is also mentally disordered. He simply expects that everything that comes out of his mouth is to be believed and becomes very upset when he's questioned.

It has been reported, Melinda woke up early each day to prepare breakfast for her little one as the toddler was an early riser. This day may have been the same. Melinda could have prepared the toddlers breakfast, fed her before being shot. The toddler was reported standing calmly in her crib. Had she not been fed and content, wouldn't she be crying to be fed? The husbands story does not add up.
The toddler lost her mother that fateful day, and most likely her father. Very sad for toddler

It has been reported, Melinda woke up early each day to prepare breakfast for her little one as the toddler was an early riser. This day may have been the same. Melinda could have prepared the toddlers breakfast, fed her before being shot. The toddler was reported standing calmly in her crib. Had she not been fed and content, wouldn't she be crying to be fed? The husbands story does not add up.
The toddler lost her mother that fateful day, and most likely her father. Very sad for toddler

That's a lovely thought DisneyFan, that she might have been able to feed her child, one last time. But I don't believe Melinda ever got up that morning. Why would she put the child back in her crib, and go back to bed? Makes no sense. Not all toddlers are cranky when a meal is late. Some are happy and content, by nature even if breakfast is late. My son was like that, especially when he woke up in the morning. Little girl may have just been very curious, why she was seeing her father and taking it in. Children can be curious and contemplative, even little bitty ones.

Set her soul free, I am very sorry for your loss. It is very interesting to read your posts and to get your perspective, because you know the people involved.

It is interesting Melinda did not say anything to you about him moving out. I can't recall right now, but do you know who told the investigators that he had been living with his brother?

It sounds like he had an attorney and I would imagine his attorney told him he was NOT in the clear and that every move he made was being watched and that he was to keep an extremely low profile and not do anything that would bring attention to himself. He would have been, at a minimum, a person of interest for numerous reasons. He was the husband, investigators had learned there were marital problems, etc., and in addition, the investigators had not yet located the mysterious intruder/murderer. The investigation was on-going, which would mean to me that they were looking at every possible scenario, and they were gathering info on the marital problems, the financial issues and his unemployment status.

It would be interesting to know whether the husband disclosed the existence of this policy to investigators. My thoughts are that he did not. The husband knew about the policy because he tried to make a claim. Also am curious if his attorney knew about the policy. I agree with you that he must have thought he was in the clear when he tried to file the claim because why else would he do that?

SL was obviously the key suspect from the get-go. When the crime was first reported in the newspapers, they said it was an isolated incident. That means an intruder/killer wasn't on the loose. The police probably let SL think he was in the clear while they watched him, and since he's obviously a narcissist, he thought he had fooled everyone and tried to cash in on the policy.

But, based on all the evidence, his attorney had to know his client was a suspect. If he did threaten websites with libel, it was probably an attempt to keep the focus off SL. I wonder if the NWI Times blog was one of them because it strangely disappeared.

Good points, but I am also wondering whether he may have just thought his version of events made perfect sense and that the investigators would just accept what he told them.

A few weeks later he apparently thought he was in a good enough place to go ahead and start the ball rolling on filing the claim with the insurer, in spite of the fact he knew investigators were aware there were marital problems, that no one else had been captured or arrested, and the investigation's status was "on-going". The sheriff's department also was not providing any updates to the media.

IMO, whoever murdered Melinda has absolutely no conscience. People who have no conscience are considered to be sociopaths. The court will decide if the investigators are correct.

Don't forget, we are not talking about an intelligent person here. To put it bluntly, he's an idiot and he is also mentally disordered. He simply expects that everything that comes out of his mouth is to be believed and becomes very upset when he's questioned.

Agreed. From what I know about this guy, he sounds like a total narcissist. And I would probably add sociopath to the list, too, if he is guilty of this (which I believe he is). Not a professional - just my opinion.

I'm interested to have read on this post about his lawyer contacting websites. I'm not well versed in how these things work at all, but I don't think I've ever heard of that before. It seems to be an explanation of why comments that were posted on a news article would vanish.

I am wondering the same thing about the NWI Times blog being taken down. That was unusual.

Melinda's facebook page was starting to be discussed there were 3-4 posters on that blog who were providing information that had not yet been made public and they were using this information in an attempt to "prove" the husband had nothing to do with her death. The kind of information provided was that he was bound, that there was a stalker on the loose, and that the husband had been in the hospital himself. Arguments from others were being made that pertained to her facebook page posts that led to possible marital problems, and all of a sudden her facebook page completely disappeared. Someone obviously deleted it.

Does anyone know, for sure, just who deleted her facebook page?

I believe Melinda was like many other women who find themselves in abusive marriages. She was afraid, she was embarrassed, and maybe she felt she could handle it in her own. And she may have desperately wanted her marriage to work. Many times women don't "tell" because they don't want to have friends and family dislike their spouse if things eventually work out.

I also believe Steven Lindsey is a full-blown Narcissist/Sociopath. He's obviously a pathological liar. I doubt he was honest with his attorney. How can an attorney adequately advise someone when the information provided is lies?

I am wondering the same thing about the NWI Times blog being taken down. That was unusual.

Melinda's facebook page was starting to be discussed there were 3-4 posters on that blog who were providing information that had not yet been made public and they were using this information in an attempt to "prove" the husband had nothing to do with her death. The kind of information provided was that he was bound, that there was a stalker on the loose, and that the husband had been in the hospital himself. Arguments from others were being made that pertained to her facebook page posts that led to possible marital problems, and all of a sudden her facebook page completely disappeared. Someone obviously deleted it.

Does anyone know, for sure, just who deleted her facebook page?

I don't know for *positive* but according to the family it was Steven Lindsey.

I agree with you, ArabianLover. Steven Lindsey is a narcissist/sociopath. Anyone with a conscience could not kill the mother of his child and then continue denying he did it, probably even during intense police interrogations. I wonder if he was given a lie detector test, and if so, what the results were.

Where did the info that he was living with his brother come from? If that's true, do we know why he was staying at the house that night? Was that a frequent occurence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1