GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the gun powder residue found on his hands...if he was knocked out first maybe the killer shot the victim...came back and zip tied the accused therefore transfering gun powder residue on him...and why would the accused leave the gun there ?

*My opinion only*
That doesn't make any sense. First of all, there was no forced entry and no sign of an intruder. Second, she was shot with her own gun. What criminal intending to commit murder enters a home without a weapon, hoping to find one available to him in the home with a sleeping husband and large dog. Then he chokes out the husband, hunts down this gun, shoots the wife, then goes back and drags the husband into the daughter's room & zip ties him? I doubt it

*My opinion only*
That doesn't make any sense. First of all, there was no forced entry and no sign of an intruder. Second, she was shot with her own gun. What criminal intending to commit murder enters a home without a weapon, hoping to find one available to him in the home with a sleeping husband and large dog. Then he chokes out the husband, hunts down this gun, shoots the wife, then goes back and drags the husband into the daughter's room & zip ties him? I doubt it

According to him the intruder choked him out first, dragged him into the baby's bedroom, and THEN shot Melinda. All of which Melinda slept through. You would think the dogs would bark loud enough while the choking and dragging was going on to wake up a sleeping mother in the next room. But even giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming the dogs were outside or incapacitated, it's a stretch to believe she would have slept through an intruder entering her house and attacking her husband. Unless she was drugged. Steven told the judge he was taking a veritable cocktail of medications, so it's safe to assume there were plenty of drugs in the house.

I read in this article that the space between his hands was 2-3 inches. If I were going to zip tie someone, I would make it very tight. Plus he couldn't demonstrate how he called 911 while his hands were zip tied. http://chestertontribune.com/PoliceFireEmergency/jackson_township_man_charged_wit1.htm

For the record, I don't know them either.

I thought about the zip tie thing too. But I suppose if one got the "zip" started, then slipped your hands in, it could be done.

I am sure more evidence will come out once this moves along. I am sure with the advances in DNA they can see who's DNA is on those zip ties and if he had a bag of other "like" zip ties in the house or his vehicle.

You can zip tie yourself (not super tight tho we tried it) as well as make a phone call (also tried) a bag of zip ties were also found in the mater bed room by the bed if I remember reading correctly. My thing is why not zip tie the ankles as well? && more than that.. I know if it were me, and I woke in my daughters room.. I after making sure she was okay would go check on my wife.. I wouldn't be kneeling by my daughters crib when the police arrived.. Id be with my wife.. Seeing as she was gasping for air with blood pouring out..
However that is just my own opinion..

With no evidence of forced entry (&& why leave doors or anything unlocked when you've been dealing with a stalker? ESP with a 2 year old) no footprints in the snow leading up to nor away from the house at all.. And then calling 911 the. His brother and then 911 again to actually report what was going on..
Knowing where melindas gun was at..
Her not waking up at all to any of this going on.. I personally don't know any mothers who don't wake up at even the slightest sound..
He did make an appoint to mention his medication to the judge which to me is very odd..

#JusticeForMelinda

Typically a Narcissist/Sociopath will test at average or above average intelligence. But they are so focused on themselves that they lose sight of the real picture. And since they lack the ability for empathy, they cannot "see" or understand things from another person's view point or perspective. The other thing (thankfully) is they LOVE to hear themselves talk. And without even realizing it, they are their own worst enemy and before they know; they've talked themselves right into 40-life.

Yep, we have seen it and seen it and seen it. And it is indeed the glib Narcissistic ones who just dig the hole deeper & deeper, and while they are doing so, they wind up in that hole and there they are. :jail: And yes, they have no insight as to how the story might affect those who hear it.

If it's guilty of 1st Degree murder, the penalty of most often LWOP. And LWOP in NC means just that -- Life with parole, period. There are only two penalties for 1st Degree Murder in NC: Death and LWOP. Exception: If the accused perpetrator was not 18 y/o at the time of the crime, LWOP is not automatic, but can be argued in court citing aggravating or mitigating circumstances and the sentence is imposed by the Court. If the accused was not 21 y/o at the time of the crime, he/she is not eligible for the death penalty. Tuff stuff.

Has LE said if he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Shooting a sleeping person is an incredible act of cowardice.

JMO

He is literally a VILE individual and doesn't need drugs to do such a thing.

That poor little boy will also have to go through being the kid at school whose father is on trial for murder. I wish they would move the trial to another county for that reason.

If there can be a "positive" here (among the tragedy), it's the fact that neither child will have any contact with him. I do hope the little girl doesn't end up with his side of the family.

Please do not post the name of a minors connected to this case.

I have no more patience left. Please follow the rules or the thread will be pulled for good.

You are right, there is much more to the story. He was married when he started dating her but neglected to tell her that. Next, according to her facebook page (before he had it taken down), he threw her and the baby out of the house when the baby was just one month old and burned her photos. More recently, he was fired from his job for not participating in a company-mandated alcohol abuse program. This man is a monster.

You are right, there is much more to the story. He was married when he started dating her but neglected to tell her that. Next, according to her facebook page (before he had it taken down), he threw her and the baby out of the house when the baby was just one month old and burned her photos. More recently, he was fired from his job for not participating in a company-mandated alcohol abuse program. This man is a monster.

Exactly..

#JusticeForMelinda

I don't know the victim or the accused.Some of us read here and this was a new case .I could see where it was going yesterday and was happy the WS Admin.stepped in and got things on the right track.From what I have read from news articles a lot of unanswered questions...Like, how do you zip tie yourself with your hands behind your back.I would think that would be hard to accomplish...Not saying it couldn't be done but I don't know.

So, out of curiosity, I tried zipping myself. It was quite easy. I got it on myself while hands in front of me. Left my hands about 2" apart, as stated his were. Then I stepped through my arms, one leg at a time. Bringing hands/arms over my hiney was the only minor struggle. Have to admit I didn't think the experiment through; had to wake my sleeping husband and explain why he had to free me from my hands zip tied behind my back :laughing:

So, out of curiosity, I tried zipping myself. It was quite easy. I got it on myself while hands in front of me. Left my hands about 2" apart, as stated his were. Then I stepped through my arms, one leg at a time. Bringing hands/arms over my hiney was the only minor struggle. Have to admit I didn't think the experiment through; had to wake my sleeping husband and explain why he had to free me from my hands zip tied behind my back :laughing:

I needed that, even if to laugh! That's epic I love it!

It is easy tho right? I thought it would be more difficult

#JusticeForMelinda

This is my opinion only, but in what fantasy world does someone enter a house, intent on murdering someone and they don't even bring their own weapon? Instead, they somehow manage to get past a huge dog, choke out the husband and not even bother to bind his legs and then go about looking for a weapon in which to commit a murder?

How could the intruder be so certain that the husband wasn't going to suddenly "come to", get up on his feet and put up a hell of a resistance?

When you read a post like that, Leis, please click the little triangle under the post and alert the mods so we can take care of the problem.

Thanks.

The only thing I have to say to this thread is a thank you to the mods. I have seen this poor victim slandered by supporters of his ex wife in so many posts here now that it's been upsetting, I'm. It sure why this case is so emotive and has drawn so many here but everyone needs to remember this young girl was a victim.

Those posts were made by someone who is supportive of the accused, it was crystal clear. Probably his immediate family.

The common denominator in all of the equations here is Steven Lindsey. He's a cheater, a liar, an abuser and now an accused murderer. *IN MY OPINION* Melinda was duped by this guy from the get-go. He indicated to her from the beginning that he was "available and single"; all a lie. I am sure that his wife at the time was upset about him having an affair and getting Melinda pregnant. Any wife would be. Then he continued to play them against each other with manipulation and more lies. This guy is a first class CREEP.

Huh?! I'm not sure how defending the victim can be misconstrued as defending her murderer...

Anyway there were comments on the thankfully deleted thread and a couple of deleted posts here that refer to Melinda's past work and her husbands marital status when they met which reads as gossipy and cruel.

I suppose this upsets me as my 21 year old cousin was a dancer at a gentleman's club, her mother was dying and she did it to help pay for home care nursing and the hours let her stay with her mother during the day and work while she slept. She was viciously stalked and murdered by an ex boyfriend and all the media focused on was that she was an exotic dancer, it all goes to dehumanising the victim and painting them as less innocent and more worthy of murder.

I have no doubt SL's ex wife is devastated, I am sorry for bringing her into it although it seems to be those that know her that dragged her into all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1