GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this scenario makes any sense. It has "set up" written all over it. Mothers with toddlers don't put loaded guns on their night stands that are within reach of their baby. Women who are scared enough to sleep with a loaded gun by their bedside, don't leave the front door unlocked. This all sounds like SL telling the story and forgetting the details becaucase he's an idiot.

I remember a case (Peter Bergna) where his wife had died in a fiery crash when their pick-up's brakes failed coming back down from a scenic mountain overlook. They had gone there to talk about their troubled marriage after the wife had just returned from a business trip from Italy late one night. The truck careened to the bottom of a cliff and the wife was killed. Peter Bergna was miraculously thrown out with barely a scrape. Bergna claimed that this mountain overlook spot was a favorite of his and his wife's and they went there on her suggestion.

He was convicted of murder.

One of the jurors was interviewed after the trial. She said the one thing she couldn't get past was them going up to that mountain. She said, "There is no way that woman wanted to go drive up on some mountain and sit in a pick-up with her husband after riding on a plane for the last 18 hours. I'm sure all she wanted to do was go home, take a bath and go to bed."

That's the type of common sense I pray exists on this jury.

Maybe there wasn't a fire. Bergna had just placed several full gas cans in the back of his pick-up without their caps. And on the 911 call (his cell phone flew out the window too & landed right beside him. Lol) Bergan said to the dispatcher, "No! I can't see the truck! Or a fire!"

Maybe there wasn't a fire. Bergna had just placed several full gas cans in the back of his pick-up without their caps. And on the 911 call (his cell phone flew out the window too & landed right beside him. Lol) Bergan said to the dispatcher, "No! I can't see the truck! Or a fire!"
What do people think happened? Was she already dead when the truck went over?

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_99a48c2d-6c97-5341-a02c-9352b1189bfc.html

Shawn Lindsey testified that he has not been cooperative with prosecutors because they are, "trying to railroad my innocent brother."

THAT always makes someone look innocent!!! Way to go, brother!!

He later said he had requested a written description and photo of Melinda Lindsey's gunshot wound from the funeral home before she was cremated because of a "total lack of faith in the police department."

OMG!! So now the brother was going to find "the real killer" too???!!! WTF? This is unbelievable.

"Total lack of faith they were going to give him a fair shake," Shawn Lindsey said.

I am at a loss for words here. But If this testimony didn't sink SL's boat, then nothing will. If I didn't know this was a real trial with a real dead girl, I would not believe this was even true.

What happened to "the lawyer wanted the photo"?? Isn't that the story Shawn Lindsey and SL told in the last trial? Wasn't that the reason why they asked for the photo? Now it was the brother? And now he/SL whoever needed it because the police department is incompetent and "out to railroad SL"??
Wow....

What happened to "the lawyer wanted the photo"?? Isn't that the story Shawn Lindsey and SL told in the last trial? Wasn't that the reason why they asked for the photo? Now it was the brother? And now he/SL whoever needed it because the police department is incompetent and "out to railroad SL"??
Wow....
Yep. Last time the lawyer wanted the photo. Regardless of who wanted it, I don't get the point. What purpose could a photo like that possibly serve? Except as a trophy?

I'm at a loss for words on the testimony, too. If I were on the jury, I would want to know the brother's reasons for not calling 911 after he received the garbled phone call from SL. I'd also want to know why he brought his wife along and put her life in potential jeopardy.

It makes no sense to me at all. And this is before he had any reason to feel police were trying to railroad his innocent brother.

This is another thing that's bugging me. The police arrived at 6:19. So assuming SL called "within minutes of the shooting" what was Melinda still doing in bed if she usually got up at 5:00am? If we are to believe SL's fairytale here, then Melinda would have been up and cooking breakfast when this "stalker" came into the house. Not sound asleep in bed.

I'm at a loss for words on the testimony, too. If I were on the jury, I would want to know the brother's reasons for not calling 911 after he received the garbled phone call from SL. I'd also want to know why he brought his wife along and put her life in potential jeopardy.

It makes no sense to me at all. And this is before he had any reason to feel police were trying to railroad his innocent brother.

No kidding!! Seriously!! Your brother calls you screaming like a girl and you think "horrible danger". And your next move is to load up your wife and your guns. Really???? But you don't call the police and say, "Something is terribly, terribly wrong my brother needs help. I don't know what's wrong."

This is unreal.

Yep. Last time the lawyer wanted the photo. Regardless of who wanted it, I don't get the point. What purpose could a photo like that possibly serve? Except as a trophy?

I totally agree with you. They have been caught in an obvious lie here. *IF* they wanted this checked out for investigative purposes, any moron knows it needs to be done by a forensic pathologist. They should have paid for an independent autopsy if that was their true intention.

If my brother called me in hysterics and hung up, the first thing I would do is call him back and my next call would be to the police. Instead, he grabs his wife and guns and heads over there like Rambo not knowing what danger he is about to encounter? Sounds pretty far fetched to me and so does his reason for not cooperating with the police. I think its because they suspect he was involved in the stalking incidents and have publically stated so.

If my brother called me in hysterics and hung up, the first thing I would do is call him back and my next call would be to the police. Instead, he grabs his wife and guns and heads over there like Rambo not knowing what danger he is about to encounter? Sounds pretty far fetched to me and so does his reason for not cooperating with the police. I think its because they suspect he was involved in the stalking incidents and have publically stated so.
The wife I understand. Somebody had to take care of the baby. The guns - not so much. If the cops were on their way who did he think he needed protection from?

I sure hope the jury recognizes this wackadoddle vigilante behavior for what it is. The brother testified he couldn't understand anything SL said over the phone and that all he heard was "noise". Why would you jump to the conclusion that you need guns? This supposed "stalker"? Ok. Well if this had really been such a concern, why hadn't the brother been over there helping secure the house? Like helping put locks on windows, reprogram the garage door opener, etc. He didn't do that. But just by hearing this "noise" from his brother over the phone, Shawn Lindsey immediately assumes he needs to take guns to assist his brother. And he doesn't call the police, because they're going to "railroad his innocent brother". Oh! And he takes his wife into a potentially dangerous situation.

This is so telling on so many levels. And I just love it that his own brother may have sunk SL. :)

They need to charge the brother as an accessory IMHO. And I'll bet that the brother is the "stalker". He's probably the one who threw the lingerie in the door and all the other things that happened.

He obviously knew what was going on. Who doesn't call the police under these circumstances? And who takes their wife into a potentially dangerous situation? Someone who knows what's going on. And someone who knows there's no danger.

The wife I understand. Somebody had to take care of the baby. The guns - not so much. If the cops were on their way who did he think he needed protection from?

If his testimony is to be believed, the brother would not have known that someone needed to take care of the baby. He testified SL was incoherent in his call to him. He also would not have known whether SL had called or was going to call the police.

Testimony from the previous trial in November 2015 as reported in the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...dsey-trial-porter-st-1118-20151117-story.html

Under cross-examination, Shawn Lindsey said that after he received an incoherent call from his brother's cellphone on Jan. 16, he and his wife sped to the house from Portage without trying to call Lindsey back or call 911.
Shawn Lindsey said he presumed his brother had engaged a stalker.
"If my brother wanted 911 called, he would've called it himself," Shawn Lindsey said.

If his testimony is to be believed, the brother would not have known that someone needed to take care of the baby. He testified SL was incoherent in his call to him. He also would not have known whether SL had called or was going to call the police.

That's right!

Testimony from the previous trial in November 2015 as reported in the Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...dsey-trial-porter-st-1118-20151117-story.html

Under cross-examination, Shawn Lindsey said that after he received an incoherent call from his brother's cellphone on Jan. 16, he and his wife sped to the house from Portage without trying to call Lindsey back or call 911.
Shawn Lindsey said he presumed his brother had engaged a stalker.

"If my brother wanted 911 called, he would've called it himself," Shawn Lindsey said.

This just gets more and more bizarre. So, ok....he's police paranoid. (Still, what's he got to hide?) He's got (according to Googlemaps) at least a 23 minute drive to get to SL's house. He supposedly has NO IDEA WHAT's GOING ON. His brother has "engaged the stalker". (by his own admission what he's assumed) But what else has happened? Has the "stalker" kidnapped Melinda? Hurt the baby? Shot SL in the head? Is that why he can only scream like a girl? So he & his wife just drive along for the 23 minutes in the car without picking up their phones and either calling SL back AT LEAST EVERY 3 SECONDS and or the other one calling 911 to send police to try and catch this stalker who might have shot SL in the head causing him to be so "incoherent" and or maybe kidnapped Melinda, or kidnapped the baby, or whatever!!!????

He knew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member