GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past why AT THE VERY LEAST the brother or his wife wouldn't have continued trying to contact SL to get more information about what was happening.

Why would you choose to walk into something like this totally blind? The answer is, you wouldn't.

That's right!
But his testimony is not to be believed. He knew Melinda was gone. So he brought his wife. But why the guns? I'm thinking about reality here, not his made up story. Why, in the real world, where he knew there was no stalker, would he bring guns?

But his testimony is not to be believed. He knew Melinda was gone. So he brought his wife. But why the guns? I'm thinking about reality here, not his made up story. Why, in the real world, where he knew there was no stalker, would he bring guns?

I think he took the guns for "show". I think it was all part of the ruse. He could show up on the scene with his guns all ready to "help defend his brother against the stalker".

He knew the police would be there when they arrived. He had his audience, just like they planned.

Maybe the guns were to try to make the story appear to be more believable to the cops?

To make his story sound more believable, I couldn't help but chuckle at the brothers testimony, sounded like he was from the wild west.

I have to wonder why the SIL didn't call 911 while the brother was driving, to the scene

I think that the police were eyeing the brother for the conspiracy charge, geez too bad that they didn't have him charged, he sounds like a real winner too

To make his story sound more believable, I couldn't help but chuckle at the brothers testimony, sounded like he was from the wild west.

I have to wonder why the SIL didn't call 911 while the brother was driving, to the scene

I think that the police were eyeing the brother for the conspiracy charge, geez too bad that they didn't have him charged, he sounds like a real winner too

It reminded me of the wild west, too. Perhaps his wife is Annie Oakley and that is why he brought two guns - one for him and one for her?

Put yourself in the brother and SIL shoes. How would you respond? While brother driving, SIL call SL to get story. If I was SIL , I would be calling every few seconds while on the way. That makes sense. Driving over there blazing with guns not knowing what condition anyone was in? No sense at all.

I agree. Why would anyone make a choice to walk into a potentially dangerous situation absolutely blind! Especially when fast and effective help could get to his brother with a simple call to 911.

This makes NO sense to me.

I agree. Why would anyone make a choice to walk into a potentially dangerous situation absolutely blind! Especially when fast and effective help could get to his brother with a simple call to 911.

This makes NO sense to me.

Add to that, you know your brother isn't capable of anything more than screaming into the phone. You don't know why. But he is being "incoherent".

Yet the brother's attitude about not calling 911 is "If my brother wanted 911 called, he would've called it himself," Shawn Lindsey said.

WTF?

Meanwhile Steven was looking at adoption sites, which would tend to imply that his brother and SIL were not interested in taking the baby permanently. He didn't want the baby. His family didn't want the baby. So why not let Melinda's family have her?

It appears SL searched the adoption sites. The maternal grandparents usually get custody of grand daughter unless there is a will stating otherwise. If his intended plan was to abandon her, why wouldn't ML family have access? Seems heartless, that baby would be denied her grandparents. Unless, of course they were unable to care for her. Or he was maintaining control for meanness. It was reported he often kept her from ML, doing same with InLaws ? There was no thought what all these actions would affect either of his two children.
Heartless, selfish and narcissistic.

I hope ML parents, siblings and friends will be able to keep ML memory alive for baby girl. Heartbreaking she will never know her mama

I totally agree. It was all to be mean, heartless and cruel. What they did was got the baby all established with the brother and his wife in their home before Melinda's mom & dad even knew what had happened. Then there was the issue of the grandparents living in a different state. By the time the grandparents got their bearings over what had happened, a judge was probably reluctant to remove the baby from the brother and his wife since she'd already had so much upheaval in her young life. And there's the issue that SL hasn't been convicted of the murder. (Yet) But once that changes, it will be a completely different ball game.

You are right, ML parents were in total shock. Left out of notifications, everything. Again, SL was in control.
I hope the jurors get this correct.

I totally agree. It was all to be mean, heartless and cruel. What they did was got the baby all established with the brother and his wife in their home before Melinda's mom & dad even knew what had happened. Then there was the issue of the grandparents living in a different state. By the time the grandparents got their bearings over what had happened, a judge was probably reluctant to remove the baby from the brother and his wife since she'd already had so much upheaval in her young life. And there's the issue that SL hasn't been convicted of the murder. (Yet) But once that changes, it will be a completely different ball game.

I sure hope so cause there is something wrong with the brother and SIL, I still can't believe he sat on the stand and testified that he went over to his screaming brothers instead of calling police, what's up with the SIL, I know if my hubby said hey grab the 45 I think SL has been attacked were going over, I would have told him he was nuts and I would have called police

With the evidence that has been presented I can't see anyway for anything but a guilty verdict,I'm hoping for life in prison

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ptb-lindsey-trial-st-0311-20160310-story.html

Lindsey and Polarek had several testy interchanges, with Polarek pushing him about what she called inconsistencies in his statements.

"I haven't changed anything," he said at one point.

"I think you have," she said, pointing to how he claimed at this trial he told an officer just before police interrogated him that he was intoxicated when he had never mentioned that before.

Well, he took the stand. And as I predicted, he didn't keep his story straight. How awesome is that?? They sent it to the jury.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ptb-lindsey-trial-st-0311-20160310-story.html

Lindsey, who spoke so quietly that Rogers had to ask him to speak up several times, presented his own theory of the case while testifying, pointing to both the same ex-boyfriend Rogers mentioned and another one as well, saying it was possible they might have worked together.

He told the jury he thinks one or both of them came to the house with the intention of kidnapping his wife but then she must have woken up and a struggle ensued.

wth is he talking about here?? What "struggle"? She was asleep in her bed when she was shot. He just doesn't know when to shut his mouth, thank goodness.

I sure hope so cause there is something wrong with the brother and SIL, I still can't believe he sat on the stand and testified that he went over to his screaming brothers instead of calling police, what's up with the SIL, I know if my hubby said hey grab the 45 I think SL has been attacked were going over, I would have told him he was nuts and I would have called police

With the evidence that has been presented I can't see anyway for anything but a guilty verdict,I'm hoping for life in prison
I think the minimum for murder in Indiana is 45 years. That would put him at 80 when he got out. I almost like the idea of that happening. 80 years old. No relatives left alive. No place to go. No money. Put out on the street after 45 years inside. It's winter in Indiana.....

I love what you said about him not knowing when to shut his mouth. Liars usually do themselves in.

Me too!!! I would have thought he'd lost his mind!! What is wrong with these people???

2 ex boyfriends working together, what an imagination little SL has

Justice for Melinda it's way overdue

He told the jury he thinks one or both of them came to the house with the intention of kidnapping his wife but then she must have woken up and a struggle ensued.

Seriously?? TWO ex-boyfriends somehow "got together" to kidnap Melinda....after she's been out of their lives for 4 or 5 years? Ok. Why would they do this? And more importantly *IF* they did, we are to believe that went in to pull off this kidnapping without a weapon? Really?

This is unbelievable. If they don't convict this moron and throw away they keys, I will lose all faith in humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling