GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_80b00a0c-0d3b-53cc-9449-82426eea1290.html

Lindsey did not expect the guilty verdict, according to Rogers.

"He was stunned," Rogers said. "He was shocked."

Yup. I'm sure he was. Narcissist usually are stunned and shocked when things don't go their way. They're bullys. They're master manipulators. They're pathological liars. Melinda may have believed your b/s. And your your family. Because I'm sure you made their lives HELL if they didn't. But here in the real world, people see right through your shallow pathetic self.

Absolutely! I really hope when his sentence is being considered it is kept in mind that he also tried to hang the murder he committed on several completely innocent men.

Absolutely! I really hope when his sentence is being considered it is kept in mind that he also tried to hang the murder he committed on several completely innocent men.
I hope it is kept in mind that this was no crime of passion. It was premeditated murder for financial gain. I wonder if he could get the death penalty?

To be sentenced to death, the prosecutor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that at least one of the following aggravating circumstances exist and that the mitigating circumstances don't outweigh these factors:

The Defendant:
1. Killed the victim while committing or attempting: arson, burglary, child molesting, kidnapping, rape, robbery, carjacking, or criminal gang activity
2. Killed by detonating an explosive intentionally
3. Murdered by "lying in wait"
4. Murdered for money or hired someone to kill
5. Was previously convicted of or committed murder
6. Was under the custody of the department of corrections or county sheriff, on felony probation, or on parole when the murder was committed
7. Burned, mutilated, or tortured the victim while alive or dismembered the victim
8. Intentionally fired a gun into a home or vehicle

It seems as though 3,4, & 8 could apply.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/indiana-law/indiana-murder-laws.html#sthash.KJdIFzxd.dpuf

Omg, so so glad to see this!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

And so glad to see Melinda's family has Baby Girl. I hope he's denied his appeal and sentenced to the max. My heart bleeds for Melinda's family, but FINALLY maybe they can find some peace. Set Her Soul Free, thank you so much for keeping us posted when you could.

I do not believe the death penalty was on the table. That would have had to be part of the original charge. For example, the charge would have been "1st Degree Murder with Special Circumstances" or aggravating circumstances (whatever they call them in Indiana. Then, that would have been part of the verdict too. The jurors would have had to decide on the "murder" charge. And also if the state met the burden of the special circumstances. But I believe he was only charged with a single count of murder. So he'll be sentenced to anywhere from 45 years to life.

I do not believe the death penalty was on the table. That would have had to be part of the original charge. For example, the charge would have been "1st Degree Murder with Special Circumstances" or aggravating circumstances (whatever they call them in Indiana. Then, that would have been part of the verdict too. The jurors would have had to decide on the "murder" charge. And also if the state met the burden of the special circumstances. But I believe he was only charged with a single count of murder. So he'll be sentenced to anywhere from 45 years to life.
Either way, 45 years or life, it will kill him to be locked up.

Either way, 45 years or life, it will kill him to be locked up.

Well that's what you get when you are a bully and take someone's life, you get locked in a cage with a bigger bully than yourself.

Looks good on him,

I always thought the picture that they always use of him makes him look evil.

Well even if he gets the minimum he will die in jail. Do they even release 80-year-old prisoners after 45 years behind bars? I wish i could have been there when the verdict was read. I would have loved to have seen his face when he realized he didn't get away with it.

Well that's what you get when you are a bully and take someone's life, you get locked in a cage with a bigger bully than yourself.

Looks good on him,

I always thought the picture that they always use of him makes him look evil.
I was reading one of the updates that showed that photo at work. A colleague took one glance at it and said "that man looks like the devil". I said "He is."

Well even if he gets the minimum he will die in jail. Do they even release 80-year-old prisoners after 45 years behind bars? I wish i could have been there when the verdict was read. I would have loved to have seen his face when he realized he didn't get away with it.

Me too! Lol! And hear him crying about how "that can't be right! Boo-hoo!!"

I am wondering that too. Frankly, I am shocked that the brother wasn't charged as an accessory. It is so obvious that he was involved in this.

I haven't been able to follow all the details regarding SL's brother. I hope for SL's parents' sake he ISN'T involved, but it does look like someone certainly helped. Whatever happened to the alleged video of SL at the gas station? There are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Charlie Manson is currently 81 years old, which is the same age SL will be in 45 years. I'm hoping for a 65-year sentence!

You are all amazing!!!!! && today is a good day! Finally a little bit of comfort! Knowing that monster will not be walking the streets!

Oh and btw the KIRBYS have the little one!!!! God I've wanted to tell you all that every single time that I checked this page!!!!

#JusticeForMelinda

SetHerSoulFree, this is the best news. Although it won't bring Melinda back, it hope it brings some measure of peace to her family and friends. I am especially thrilled that her daughter is back where she belongs.

A big thank you for giving us a glimpse into what Melinda was like. I never met her, but I imagine she is smiling right now knowing how many people really loved her, including you. You are the epitome of a true friend.

Charlie Manson is currently 81 years old, which is the same age SL will be in 45 years. I'm hoping for a 65-year sentence!
Yes, and Manson just got married this past year. I'm torn. Part of me wants him alive and suffering for a very long time, but another part of me hopes some tragic accident befalls him.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Longtime lurker, I have really appreciated these threads. I wonder how SL's son is doing. I think it is a relatively small town and so he must be brutally aware of what is going on (I think he is young, but not a baby. Mid-elementary school maybe?) So sad. And so thrilled to hear that Melinda's family has the baby....

I'm in tears right now. Melinda, you've got your justice sweet girl! I'm so glad Ellie Mae is with the Kirbys where she belongs.

Honestly Im lost for words right now. I'm just so so happy!

#justiceformelinda!! ❤

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members