GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like things are getting pushed back. The Final PreTrial Conference that was scheduled for today is now scheduled for next month, 6/19. And the court date has been moved from 6/8 to 7/27.

Per the court info online:
05/07/2015 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Final PreTrial Conference originally scheduled on 05/08/2015 at 9:00 AM was rescheduled to 06/19/2015 at 9:00 AM. Reason: By Request.
05/07/2015 Hearing Scheduling Activity
Jury Trial originally scheduled on 06/08/2015 at 1:00 PM was rescheduled to 07/27/2015 at 1:00 PM. Reason: By Request.
06/19/2015 Final PreTrial Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Alexa, William E)
04/10/2015 Reset by Court to 05/08/2015
05/08/2015 Reset by Court to 06/19/2015
07/27/2015 Jury Trial (1:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Alexa, William E)
06/08/2015 Reset by Court to 07/27/2015

Another thing I find odd, come to think of it.

If Steve Lindsey is innocent, as he claims, than where is his anger and indignation, that the real "killer" isn't being sought?
Why isn't he, or/and his family, offering a reward for information as to who killed his lovely young wife, assaulted him and traumatized their child?
Why does he not seem the least bit interested in finding the SOB that killed his wife?

We know why Melinda's family is not "doing everything they can think of, to find her killer. They Know who killed her, and justice is in the process of being served.

You would think though, that an innocent man and his family, would be doing everything in their power find the perp.

Maybe I am missing something, but no declarations of anger,or vow to find the person/(s) who did this seems off to me as well...

Safeguard, I agree. i know I would be speaking out on behalf of my son's innosence. There are always two sides to every story. They may have been advised to remain silent. I feel bad for both sides of the family, awful position to be in.

Safeguard, I agree. i know I would be speaking out on behalf of my son's innosence. There are always two sides to every story. They may have been advised to remain silent. I feel bad for both sides of the family, awful position to be in.

I know Disneyfan, it is horrible all around. I have four Sons and one Daughter. I don't know what I would do, if my Daughter suffered Melinda's fate, or one of my son's were in Steve's shoes... I don't like to contemplate it... I also have seven brothers, and I can tell you, most assuredly, that if one of them came to me in Steve's Lindsey's position, I WOULD KNOW, (I guarantee it!), if he were lying. ( I grew up with these men, I know what kind of people they are, and I know what it looks like when they lie!) And if he was innocent, there would be no way on earth, that I would not do NOT do EVERYTHING in my power to acquire any INFORMATION the public might have. I do believe that Steve's family knows him, as I know my Brothers, and my Children... There is only one reason, I can imagine that they are not concerned about finding Melinda's killer... Yes. It is very sad. For everyone.

Another thing I find odd, come to think of it.

If Steve Lindsey is innocent, as he claims, than where is his anger and indignation, that the real "killer" isn't being sought?
Why isn't he, or/and his family, offering a reward for information as to who killed his lovely young wife, assaulted him and traumatized their child?
Why does he not seem the least bit interested in finding the SOB that killed his wife?

We know why Melinda's family is not "doing everything they can think of, to find her killer. They Know who killed her, and justice is in the process of being served.

You would think though, that an innocent man and his family, would be doing everything in their power find the perp.

Maybe I am missing something, but no declarations of anger,or vow to find the person/(s) who did this seems off to me as well...

The same thought has crossed my mind. In addition, the newspapers are mum and the authorities aren't releasing any info. I would think this would be drawing all kinds of media attention, but there's zilch and it makes me wonder why.

I do realize, that public declarations of, "I'll find the killer no matter what it takes", doesn't mean a person is truly innocent... But thinking back, almost from the time the gun was fired, Steve's behavior was all about *Moving On* wasn't it? Call his Brother to take custody of the baby, dispose of Melinda and her effects as quickly as possible... In the weeks before he was arrested, it seems like he focused entirely on putting the whole thing behind him. As if, in his mind, the matter was already concluded. I can't believe he was on his cell badgering LE about any possible leads they may have, or inquiring if there was any more info he might provide... In his shoes I feel I would be absolutely desperate to know who did this. I am quite sure I would be obsessed to the point of being obnoxious to the investigators!

I do realize, that public declarations of, "I'll find the killer no matter what it takes", doesn't mean a person is truly innocent... But thinking back, almost from the time the gun was fired, Steve's behavior was all about *Moving On* wasn't it? Call his Brother to take custody of the baby, dispose of Melinda and her effects as quickly as possible... In the weeks before he was arrested, it seems like he focused entirely on putting the whole thing behind him. As if, in his mind, the matter was already concluded. I can't believe he was on his cell badgering LE about any possible leads they may have, or inquiring if there was any more info he might provide... In his shoes I feel I would be absolutely desperate to know who did this. I am quite sure I would be obsessed to the point of being obnoxious to the investigators!

I would also be absolutely terrified the "real" killer might come back to harm baby girl or me, too. I would ask for a police officer to be posted outside my home 24/7 until they arrested the one who did this. Wonder if that happened?

I've already been informed that there is a 80% chance I'll be called to testify, && I believe I can still watch the trial, if I find out I can't I'll inform you

#JusticeForMelinda

I think there will be an abundance of Melinda supporters filling that courtroom.

The same thought has crossed my mind. In addition, the newspapers are mum and the authorities aren't releasing any info. I would think this would be drawing all kinds of media attention, but there's zilch and it makes me wonder why.

Whether he is guilty or innocent, SL has ruined his life and that of his family. With the Internet, anything remains out there for his children to find later and perhaps his family has figured out that nothing they can say will make a difference.

I know someone who nearly 50 years ago encouraged her younger brother to accept a guilty plea in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table for a murder in Queens, New York.

This woman has been raked with guilt ever since and her brother still sits in prison. They have no relationship or contact. She has been married four times, buried two husbands and a son, who blew his brains out at age 17.

When children are involved, the biggest mistake a defendant's family makes is treating the other family as though they are the enemy and blaming the victim for what happened.

JMO

MyBelle
Lives have been ruined for two families. I shudder to think of the children and long time effects for them. Truly sad for all involved.

MyBelle
Lives have been ruined for two families. I shudder to think of the children and long time effects for them. Truly sad for all involved.

I sincerely hope Melinda's family does not let her death ruin their future or that of her daughter. As the trial moves forward, I think they will find themselves and EL surrounded with an incredible support system that will help them through it and give them the strength to make it to sunlight again.

JMO

I don't understand the lack of media coverage on this case, either. Perhaps the media has been asked to remain silent until the trial to ensure there are no arguments to be made about the possibility of a tainted jury pool?

I don't understand the lack of media coverage on this case, either. Perhaps the media has been asked to remain silent until the trial to ensure there are no arguments to be made about the possibility of a tainted jury pool?
Probably there is nothing to report. An arrest has been made and the suspect is in jail awaiting trial. I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing more in the media until a verdict is reached.

Probably there is nothing to report. An arrest has been made and the suspect is in jail awaiting trial. I wouldn't be surprised if there was nothing more in the media until a verdict is reached.
Surely someone will cover the trial, won't they??

I sure hope that the trial is covered.

I worry that SL and his defense team are going to do everything they can to delay and drag this trial out.

Surely someone will cover the trial, won't they??

It's hard for me to say, because I live in a big city where a case like this would be a blip on the radar. Maybe in a smaller town it will get more play, I have no idea. But we live in a country where 3 women a day are killed by domestic violence. How many are on the news for more than one 24-hour new cycle? Not many. SL is not OJ. He's just a garden-variety lowlife. So will his trial be covered? I sort of doubt it.

It's hard for me to say, because I live in a big city where a case like this would be a blip on the radar. Maybe in a smaller town it will get more play, I have no idea. But we live in a country where 3 women a day are killed by domestic violence. How many are on the news for more than one 24-hour new cycle? Not many. SL is not OJ. He's just a garden-variety lowlife. So will his trial be covered? I sort of doubt it.

I do hope Melinda's case starts getting media coverage, at least when the trial begins. It might just help a victim of covert abuse recognize that they are, in fact, being abused by their intimate partner, and that covert abuse can be every bit as damaging, dangerous and deadly as physical abuse.

I wouldn't expect too much coverage. The newspapers that cover Valparaiso are based out of Lake County which includes Gary. It's becoming a common occurrence to read about a murder or multiple murders in that area, some (too many) being small children that are victims of abuse. I'd say most people are of the opinion that Melinda's killer is behind bars so there's no crazy stalker that LE should be looking for. Hopefully once the trial begins we will see updates.

I wouldn't expect too much coverage. The newspapers that cover Valparaiso are based out of Lake County which includes Gary. It's becoming a common occurrence to read about a murder or multiple murders in that area, some (too many) being small children that are victims of abuse. I'd say most people are of the opinion that Melinda's killer is behind bars so there's no crazy stalker that LE should be looking for. Hopefully once the trial begins we will see updates.
I suspect the next time this case appears in the news it will be when the verdict is read, and then when he is sentenced. If that. Hopefully her friends and family will update the Justice for Melinda page on Facebook or this thread if anything significant happens. I wish I could attend that trial, just for the satisfaction of watching Lindsey get squashed like a bug. Terrible crime are committed every day but there is just something so cold-blooded about what he did. It's the kind of thing that can change your opinion of humanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay