GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I saw that's new in the article is:

"The trial is scheduled to last three weeks, an increase from the two weeks originally planned."

Thanks for providing the link to the latest article on the trial. I thought the defense would try to point the finger at a specific person (the man the new witness identified) that resulted in the mistrial. It doesn't sound like they are taking that approach, but rather just stating it was "someone" from her past.

I cannot even imagine how Melinda's family, you and her other close friends must feel to read the details. It is beyond awful. My thoughts are with you all.

If The victim was gasping for air when police arrived on the scene, was precious time lost in trying to revive her? It was reported SL phoned 911 2 Times and his brother once. I can't imagine not trying at least to revive the victim or at very least inquire about her.

None of the things SL did or didn't do that morning make any sense. I cannot imagine sitting on my knees in my babies room and doing NOTHING after hearing a gun go off in my house. Especially after I had been assaulted and dragged through the house. Wouldn't the first thing you would think would be this person was coming back to shoot you and possibly your child? At the very least you would go out the window with the baby. You wouldn't just sit there.

None of the things SL did or didn't do that morning make any sense. I cannot imagine sitting on my knees in my babies room and doing NOTHING after hearing a gun go off in my house. Especially after I had been assaulted and dragged through the house. Wouldn't the first thing you would think would be this person was coming back to shoot you and possibly your child? At the very least you would go out the window with the baby. You wouldn't just sit there.

This exact thing has bothered me most. There appears to have been nothing to prevent him from at least getting on his feet and taking a defensive position to try to protect himself and his baby. The defense may argue that he called 911 to summon help, but according to what has been reported, when he called 911, he was screaming. This also really bothers me. Why would he scream? The shooter could have still be in the house?

This exact thing has bothered me most. There appears to have been nothing to prevent him from at least getting on his feet and taking a defensive position to try to protect himself and his baby. The defense may argue that he called 911 to summon help, but according to what has been reported, when he called 911, he was screaming. This also really bothers me. Why would he scream? The shooter could have still be in the house?

<modsnip> Put yourself in his (supposed) position. You have been attacked in your home, knocked unconscience. You wake up in your baby's room with your hands tied behind your back to the sound of a gunshot. Is the first thing you would do is call 911 and start screaming your head off? I don't think so! This shooter is obviously IN YOUR HOUSE. You would call 911. But you would whisper. You wouldn't draw attention to yourself. "Hey shooter! I'm awake!! Come shoot me too!!"

WTF?

I would think you would call 911, whisper what is going on, get a window open, even with your hands tied behind your back, and get the baby out of the house. If he could get his phone out of his pocket and dial 911 with his hands behind his back, he could certainly get a window open.

I wonder if the police checked the shower to see if anyone had recently took a shower. I wonder if he had washed her blood off his body.

Exactly! A person certainly wouldn't make noise to draw the intruders attention back toward them and their helpless baby! I also can't understand why he didn't just step over his hands so he could have his hands in front of him, rather than behind? My guess is "if" he put the zip ties on himself, he did it from the front and stepped over them so they would be behind his back.

None of his actions - and not a single shred of his story - are those of a grieving spouse whose wife has just been murdered by a supposed former boyfriend. In addition, none of the evidence substantiates his story. The police and the prosecution do not buy it and I highly doubt any juror will either.

Wasn't he a supervisor or something at the time? I'd have to go back and look, but I can't at the moment. I remember there was conflicting information going around.

An article the other day stated the defense claimed he was unemployed at the time of Melinda's death, but I clearly recall that the other verified insider claimed he was working. In fact, there was quite a bit of debate about the topic. Does anyone else remember that?

I recall that as well.

Wasn't he a supervisor or something at the time? I'd have to go back and look, but I can't at the moment. I remember there was conflicting information going around.

I believe she said he was a supervisor which completely contradicts what his attorney said. Hmmm....

I did go back and look and in post #458 on 3-23-2015, it was stated that Steve was employed and it wasn't in a side job but as a supervisor for a company.

If he was unemployed, how did he and ML pay living expenses. ML was SAHM.

I truly hope facts come out to support what occurred. This must be agony for all family, both sides as well as friends to sit in court and view horrific crime scene photos.

I remember that too. The *other* insider was insisting that SL was NOT unemployed. And claimed he had a supervisor position with some company. There were many sources that said otherwise. I didn't believe that SL had a job at all. Now his attorney confirms the truth. SL was in fact, UNemployed.

There was no money. SL was behind in his child support to his ex-wife. They were behind on their rent. Melinda was getting ready to start a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling