GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were three dogs, I remember that - I'm just conjecturing the ex and son got the one I heard a disputed claim about. Maybe it was in the now-closed previous string? I'm also wondering if SL was successful in having the 2 dogs killed. Some people start those actions but find out some vets won't simply comply to a request to destroy a healthy animal.

And I will admit that Bro requesting the photo is horrifying, and I can't imagine exactly why he did it, but I can easily understand the lie about the lawyer wanting it - to "borrow" the lawyer's prestige / authority to get what he wanted. Presumably Bro doesn't understand procedure and that the prosecutor has to release evidence against an accused so the accused can prepare for a vigorous defense at trial. I think Bro thought he was going to gather evidence that would be lost (to cremation) if he didn't get it through whatever means he could devise.

Creepy? Absolutely. Misguided? Without a doubt. But I can't see any *evidence* tying Bro to the crime - and for some reason I *can* see him doing something he thought would be helpful (if underhanded). Acting in panic and stupidity and not thinking how horrifying it would look later if it came out. Not to say I'm right. I'm just speculating and expressing what I experience in observing the unfolding story.

The way I understand the footprints is that they were observed by the police when they were at Melinda's investigating the "stalker", a few days prior to the murder, anybody could go to a thrift store and purchase shoes, make the prints get rid of the shoes, call the police to say that you want them to come check because there is a "stalker".

I too have wondered about the dogs, the biggest question I've had is why they never alerted to an intruder, I'm sure the police questioned that as well. I hope that the dogs didn't have to pay with their lives also because of the actions of SL, it would be nice to know that the dogs that Melinda loved are being loved, as I'm sure that is what she would have wanted for them.

It really is starting to look like SL had plans since before January 2014 when the policy was taken out, interesting that it was a year after the policy was taken out that Melinda was murdered, I wonder if there was a clause in the policy that stated policy needed to be effective for certain amount of time in order to pay out in full.

It really says a lot about his character, he would pay an insurance policy, yet not pay his child support so that his child was taken care of. This alone makes him look guilty, in my opinion. It didn't matter if his child had food, but it mattered that if Melinda was murdered that there would be a large payout.

I don't believe that for one minute! Almost anyone can afford the premium. There is WAY MORE involved to buying life insurance than affording the premium. BTDT.

Yes they take your health, and whether or not you smoke into consideration. Also your occupation and family history to assess your risk factor. A SAHM is a pretty low risk occupation.

I'm really blown away by this news about the dogs!! Only a person with NO soul could walk in a door with two loyal companions and say "I want them killed".

It has been said that SL is "smart" and maybe he is, in certain ways, but how smart a move was this? He had to know he was under suspicion for killing Melinda... So "I'll just kill her dogs" wasn't a very "smart" decision to make.

I can't make any sense of why he would do this. Same with the close up of the bullet hole his brother requested... Everything about that would have been documented at autopsy, complete with pics. I can't think of a single logical reason for the death of the dogs, or that gruesome request.

Today's the day... Coming face to face with the monster..

#JusticeForMelinda

I'm really blown away by this news about the dogs!! Only a person with NO soul could walk in a door with two loyal companions and say "I want them killed".

It has been said that SL is "smart" and maybe he is, in certain ways, but how smart a move was this? He had to know he was under suspicion for killing Melinda... So "I'll just kill her dogs" wasn't a very "smart" decision to make.

I can't make any sense of why he would do this. Same with the close up of the bullet hole his brother requested... Everything about that would have been documented at autopsy, complete with pics. I can't think of a single logical reason for the death of the dogs, or that gruesome request.

Sociopaths/Narcissists are an interesting specimen. They are usually very smart. But can come off as very dumb. Confused? That's how they like to keep other people. Confused. The common (lacking) factor in Sociopaths/Narcissists is NO empathy. In other words; they cannot put themselves in other's shoes. They cannot comprehend how other people feel/think. And they don't see how other people see THEM.

Add to this, Sociopaths/Narcissisits are incredibly selfish, self-serving, and self-focused. EVERYTHING is about them. They only think about themselves and about their own needs and wants.

Other people, animals, etc are in their lives only to serve a purpose. Once that "purpose" is gone, sadly so is the person, animal, etc. Murder is not always the choice of elimination. (Animal or human) Ababdoment is also a favorite weapon.

In this case (and many others) this personality disorder is what trips them up. Their behavior before and after the crime is so "off" that it raises suspicion almost immediately.

But if you think about it, SL's behavior falls right in line. He needed money to stay out of jail and get caught up on child support. They were about to be evicted from their house. Selfish solution: Kill the wife, collect the life insurance. Pay up ex-wife. Stay out of jail on contempt charge. Don't have to deal with the complaining about getting evicted. Don't have to get a job. Party on.

Afterwards:
Hurry up cremation. No service. No obituary. Shocking and horrible for everyone else. But in SL's eyes: No contact with the families. No act to put on. No questions to answer. No additional money to spend. He didn't love her, nobody else probably did either. Easy-Peasy.

The dogs:
They were simply a pain in his *advertiser censored*. He didn't want to feed them. He didn't want to let them out. He didn't want to clean up after them. He was simply eliminating another one of his problems.

See? When a person is so focused on THEMSELVES, and they don't stop to think (or cannot stop and think) about how this might look to someone else or how their actions might effect another person, this is how they come across. And why it's so SHOCKING to someone who is normal.

The dogs:
They were simply a pain in his *advertiser censored*. He didn't want to feed them. He didn't want to let them out. He didn't want to clean up after them. He was simply eliminating another one of his problems.
It would have been just as easy to be rid of the responsibility for those dogs by putting them in a shelter. Only someone dark and angry would use this solution. Come to think of it, that's how he always looked in Melinda's face book pics... scowling, angry and mean.

He's done nothing smart so far as I can tell. He's just thrown one red flag after another, it's little wonder he's on trial for the heinous crime.

Today's the day... Coming face to face with the monster..

#JusticeForMelinda

You're going to do great! I am sure Melinda will be with you in spirit. You are an awesome friend! I am sorry you have to be in the presence of Evil though!

It would have been just as easy to be rid of the responsibility for those dogs by putting them in a shelter. Only someone dark and angry would use this solution. Come to think of it, that's how he always looked in Melinda's face book pics... scowling, angry and mean.

I'm not defending him. Not by any means. I volunteer at our local shelter and there is quite a bit of paperwork that needs to be filled out when a dog is surrendered and brought in to the shelter. He probably didn't want to bother with that. (Just guessing)

It all just makes me sick. He immediately cremated her without a funeral or even an obituary. He kills the dogs. Pays the life insurance premium over paying his child support.

That right there tells me all I need to know about Steven Lindsey.

Porter County Sheriff's Department Officer Chad Crosby testified that after he found Steven Lindsey kneeling with his hands bound behind his back with zip ties, he noticed a 2- to 3-inch gap between his wrists when he cut him free.

OMG! How did I not notice this??? He could have gotten out of this!!! EASILY!!! 2-3 INCHES of a gap. OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!

And remember?? When the police retied him just like he was in his "reenactment" to show them how he dialed 9-11 "from the side" and his hands kept coming out of the ties?

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_8bdc7171-6914-5204-9f01-4e2e22700648.html

Set her soul free, you've got this, your a strong woman who can face the monster and tell the truth.

<modsnip>

Porter County Sheriff's Department Officer Chad Crosby testified that after he found Steven Lindsey kneeling with his hands bound behind his back with zip ties, he noticed a 2- to 3-inch gap between his wrists when he cut him free.

OMG! How did I not notice this??? He could have gotten out of this!!! EASILY!!! 2-3 INCHES of a gap. OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!

And remember?? When the police retied him just like he was in his "reenactment" to show them how he dialed 9-11 "from the side" and his hands kept coming out of the ties?

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_8bdc7171-6914-5204-9f01-4e2e22700648.html

I have always believed their were three zip ties, one around each wrist, and one binding the wrists together. The "gap" between
the wrists would not necessarily mean much if that's the case. All the reports I have seen have mentioned zip ties (plural ) Does anyone know how he was tied?

Nice job in court SetHerSoulFree!
Not too little, not to much, just right!
It was important to have it known that Melinda was afraid of Steve. God bless you for sharing that for her. I'm sure it was a difficult day for you, but you rocked it! I knew you would.

It really makes me sad to think this young woman was afraid of her husband. What a horrible way to live. Now her life is gone, and baby has no Mama. Such a sad reality.
Justice for Melinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member