GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really makes me sad to think this young woman was afraid of her husband. What a horrible way to live. Now her life is gone, and baby has no Mama. Such a sad reality.
Justice for Melinda

Yes. That was a powerful, stand-alone statement that needed no embellishment.
SetHerSoulFree nailed it.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_6c34b5c2-b4ad-53d9-89c6-c6a031a2b75a.html

With the 911 security precautions would it be possible for Witness Michael Manning to fly from Calfornia and return in that time frame? Or is this testimony an attempt to place reasonable doubt in Jurors minds?
The news article didn't say how this was checked out while trial delayed.
Is the defense claiming that Manning flew from CA to IND - and back - between midnight and 6am the night of the murder? That's how the article reads, but that's just nuts. The flight from Chicago to anywhere in CA is at least 4 hours.

That's the way I interpreted the article too. I just don't see how anyone could fly under someone elses ID with the TSA checking everything now.

Is the defense claiming that Manning flew from CA to IND - and back - between midnight and 6am the night of the murder? That's how the article reads, but that's just nuts. The flight from Chicago to anywhere in CA is at least 4 hours.

Plus drive time to and from the airport.

Plus drive time to and from the airport.
That's what I'm thinking. Unless there's something the article isn't telling us there were only six hours he wasn't accounted for. And he's supposed to have traveled from CA to Valpo - under an assumed identity - during that time?

Does anyone know what city they were in while in California? It. Would be pretty easy to check & see if there are fights to & from Chicago during that time. But I highly doubt it could be done.

I just ran a couple checks on times from some common CA cities.

4:30 LAX
4:13 San Francisco
3:54 San Diego
4:14 San Jose

No way it could be done there & back in 6 hours.

I wonder if that baby girl was in the home the time that guy pulled out a shotgun and Melinda had to call the police. Disturbing to think about.

I just ran a couple checks on times from some common CA cities.

4:30 LAX
4:13 San Francisco
3:54 San Diego
4:14 San Jose

No way it could be done.
It's so totally impossible it doesn't even make sense they would make that claim. So there must be something missing from the article.

I wonder if that baby girl was in the home the time that guy pulled out a shotgun and Melinda had to call the police. Disturbing to think about.

I think that was an incident that occurred "pre" baby. Set-her-soul-free can confirm this. But that's how I took that information.

No she wasn't there, that was way before the baby.

#JusticeForMelinda

I'm not sure, but I believe that incident occurred before Melinda was involved with SL and before the baby. In any event, I did a check on the Indiana courts and it doesn't appear he was charged.

I hope the jury realizes what you all have picked up on so quickly with the 6 hour time frame adding the flight time plus the at least hour drive from Chicago to Valpo..

#JusticeForMelinda

Has the defense produced this "witness" who says the ex-boyfriend old them this line of bologna about traveling incognito to kill Melinda?

(Until they invent a Star Trek beam-me-up-Scotty, ain't nobody goin' from CA to IN and back in 6 hours!)

I hope the jury realizes what you all have picked up on so quickly with the 6 hour time frame adding the flight time plus the at least hour drive from Chicago to Valpo..

#JusticeForMelinda

I think the prosecutor will shred that quickly.

#JusticeForMelinda

Do you have access to the prosecutor? It would seem RIDICULOUS if he did not pick up on that fact, and shred it in court. BUT somehow the defense felt it was credible enough to present in court. It is critical that they make the jury see how impossible that timeline is! Has the prosecutor already cross-examined the witness who presented this timeline? I guess he could save it for closing.

Keep in mind, those times that I provided are strictly FLIGHT TIME. You have to add in gate to gate time. At least another 20-30 minutes on each end. And getting in and out of the airport on each end, AT LEAST another 20-30 minutes (if you're lucky) Then as Set-her-Soul-Free pointed out, there's another hour drive to Valparisio.

So let's say they were in San Francisco and staying at the hotel right in the airport. 10 minutes running through the airport; 20 minutes to get to the gate; 4hr & 15 mins flight time; 20mins to the Chicago gate; another 20 to get out of Chicago Airport. Grab a taxi to Valparaiso 1 hour; In the house, tie up SL, shoot Melinda, run back out to the taxi 10 mins; Back to the airport 1 hour; Run through the airport 20 mins; Plane taxis from the gate to runway 20mins; flight time 4hrs 15mins; Run back to hotel room & back in bed 10mins.

Total 12 hours & 40 minutes

That's with the minimum time possible. And *IF* there were flights available right at the exact time he was running into each of the airports and were leaving right a t the moment he ran in. AND this would be without any problems with the plane, traffic problems in Chicago, etc, etc.

Somebody HAD TO HAVE caught this. I can't believe they had a mistrial over this. Can't these people do simple math???

JusticeForMelinda

I hope so, too. The time frame is impossible and the "motive" given is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling